• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What happen to Lee Hsien Yang?

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
genting family different. oldest got kicked out and younger brother voted in. Same with north Korea.

In those days, if you are armour officer and your wife is not local chinese girl, u will kenna hanta kaki. No need to be malay. I know one armour captain. his wife was Taiwanese. He was condemned capt. for life. Of course today with the PAP opening the doors to FTs, i suppose your wife could be a negro, and they wouldn't care.

Funny u should say that Hsien Yang rescued Ralph. I viewed it differently. Hsien yang was an early generation scholar general, and this breed was the one the made all the farmer career professional officers like patrick choy, thesiera, etc. extinct. these chaps were really bitter towards these instant fake generals.

Thanks. Learn something new even for Lau Jeow ..didn't know u get sideline if u got Minah wife!! Not sure if this applies to other arms like Air Force or navy.

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
not really sure but look like Malay, baba maybe.

The first Command Post exercise is like holiday camp. Nobody knows what to do. Sit on top of M113 sightseeing NZ.

Bloody cold though in Feb and PAP never brief NSFs on how to take care of cold.

Amour unit siong leh. Burn weekends all the time, attached to so many other units exercises here and there, buay lin chu.

No malays, not even as cook. Are you sure there were malay cooks? I never saw one.

Those Command Post exercises were before my time.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Obviously. u did not see any malays in armour, right?

You will never find Melayus in classified/sensitive units. :wink:

Not sure if Armour counts as one, it's not a 'secret' unit. I doubt you'll need a high military security clearance to get into Armour.

Regardless of 'race, language or religion' eh? Like the other stuff in the Sinkieland pledge, take it with a heavy pinch of salt. :cool:

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This racial discrimination against the Malays is due to LKY's hatred that he cannot be emperor for a much bigger piece of land and has to settle for a tiny spot.

Look at how pappies welcome the pinoys but never the malays.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Didn't see Malay mechanics or technicians in Armour during my time. Maybe times have changed.

still no Malays. Even the kelings are mostly mix blood type. Pure kelings normally downgraders who work CQ. MTLine, signals, Recovery crews, arms tech 99% Chinese and B vehicle drivers confirm anggong siao chinese.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Poor Ralph was sidelined for promotion because his wife was Malay.
Later years he was posted out to CPC in cable car towers supposedly to see out his retirement as a major.
Mind you it was a big change from his CO appt as his massive 40SAR office now became a tiny desk in a common hall.
After LHY moved up the ranks in MINDEF, he gave his former boss a new lease of life as CO RATC and a badly overdued promotion to LTC.

I just received a response from my first batch OCS friend:

"" RP - 2nd batch retired as Lt. Col in Armour passed away 2 years ago fr cancer.

CT - retired as BG. had 2 by-pass now in retirement. 1st batch

PC - retired as BG now heading ST Kinetics trying to sell arms to 3rd World Countries. - 1st batch

CT and PC together with me in OCS first batch. CT my room-mate. ""

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Western intel tells me that Flamboyant Yang is big into wealth management, after having had to leave F&N when the company was sold to a Thai tycoon.

He instructed his subordinates to court Russian billionaires, the latter's assets having been frozen and travel bans imposed by the USA and the EU for Russia's alleged intention to annex eastern Ukraine.

Russian billionaires prefer to stash their ill-gotten gains in Sinkapore rather than Hongkong, the other tax haven. One of the reasons is Flamboyant Yang is the brother of Ruler Ass Loong and the latter can choose to bend Sinkapore's rules as and when they please.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
not really sure but look like Malay, baba maybe.

The first Command Post exercise is like holiday camp. Nobody knows what to do. Sit on top of M113 sightseeing NZ.

Bloody cold though in Feb and PAP never brief NSFs on how to take care of cold.

Amour unit siong leh. Burn weekends all the time, attached to so many other units exercises here and there, buay lin chu.

i started this thread, see you there.

SAF Armour Formation reminiscing thread

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
GD,

Those were the days when LKY trust no one except a specific group of officers. LHY has never been a "typical" Lee that he was expected to be, since young.

LHY has always been the mischievous one in the family. He loved to play hide and seek with bodyguards when he
was young. These bodyguards will kalang kabok when cant find him. All afraid of LKY.

Last edited: