• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What happen to Lee Hsien Yang?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Were his body guards dress as SAF soldiers or officers?

I was told the SOs were in civilian plainclothes.
They would stand guard outside his bunk at night as the prince sleeps and follow the 3 tonners in their unmarked police cars when the training troops went out in for exercises etc.
For SOC they would run alongside together but not clear the obstacles....

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Poor Ralph was sidelined for promotion because his wife was Malay.
Later years he was posted out to CPC in cable car towers supposedly to see out his retirement as a major.
Mind you it was a big change from his CO appt as his massive 40SAR office now became a tiny desk in a common hall.
After LHY moved up the ranks in MINDEF, he gave his former boss a new lease of life as CO RATC and a badly overdued promotion to LTC.

That is the spirit.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
46SAR was a amour reservist unit back in the 70s and early 80s. So was given to LHY to form an active unit in '85? Like that also can? Corruption.

What so great of his son at the expense of tax payers money?

Are u sure or not? in those days. Brigade ( i assume u talking about 4 SAB) was at Keat Hong camp 2 with Col colin Thesiera as CO mah. where got at sungei gedong? 46 officer mess next to the canteen. where you will find the only malay ever allowed in an armour camp. LOL. She is a macik that sells the best curry puff i ever had. nice fat plump and juicy, with lots of chicken meat. shiok like hell. I used to disrupt exercise to sneak in and buy some before she leaves for the day. in 90s, than that is different. by than, LHY out of armour and out of SAF already lah. I think you are quite a few years after LHY's time in 46. Some 46 staff from those days still recognize me today, but I can't remember them all by now. LOL.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
With his affability, intelligence and humility, it is a waste of talent if LHY does not pursue a political career, not as a pappy but by establishing his own political party to give sinkies an alternative voice in Parliament.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I notice that the oldest in a family is usually the more filial eg. LHL taking over the family bizness.

The younger sons are not as reliable & prefers to enjoy life. He's probably made enough $ & so prefers to shake legs & play around.

genting family different. oldest got kicked out and younger brother voted in. Same with north Korea.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Were his body guards dress as SAF soldiers or officers?

They dress plain clothes. But not necessary he had "bodyguards". I used to see him with just one. And the SO was also his driver. They used to travel in an undercover white Daihatsu Charmant.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Poor Ralph was sidelined for promotion because his wife was Malay.
Later years he was posted out to CPC in cable car towers supposedly to see out his retirement as a major.
Mind you it was a big change from his CO appt as his massive 40SAR office now became a tiny desk in a common hall.
After LHY moved up the ranks in MINDEF, he gave his former boss a new lease of life as CO RATC and a badly overdued promotion to LTC.

In those days, if you are armour officer and your wife is not local chinese girl, u will kenna hanta kaki. No need to be malay. I know one armour captain. his wife was Taiwanese. He was condemned capt. for life. Of course today with the PAP opening the doors to FTs, i suppose your wife could be a negro, and they wouldn't care.

Funny u should say that Hsien Yang rescued Ralph. I viewed it differently. Hsien yang was an early generation scholar general, and this breed was the one the made all the farmer career professional officers like patrick choy, thesiera, etc. extinct. these chaps were really bitter towards these instant fake generals.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
With his affability, intelligence and humility, it is a waste of talent if LHY does not pursue a political career, not as a pappy but by establishing his own political party to give sinkies an alternative voice in Parliament.

when I knew him, he is not into those backstabbing, cheating lying shits that all politicians are. he should have stayed in the army. he would have been happy there. he was a real adventure outdoor type. did u know he and gay loong were prohibited from going to jump school? So, he quietly when and did a jump without telling his father. Gay loong would never try shit like that as he know he is just marking time for his ultimate job of PM.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
46SAR was a amour reservist unit back in the 70s and early 80s. So was given to LHY to form an active unit in '85? Like that also can? Corruption.

What so great of his son at the expense of tax payers money?

Whoa whoa, I never said that. 46 was not "given" to him. 46 was formed because doctrine changed at that time to allow for a mixed combined armoured fighting element. 40 SAR was pure AMX-13 tanks, and they are all assigned out to SIRs for infantry fire support during combat ops in wartime scenarios. 42 was pure AI M113 and they were the mobile infantry under armour. But 40 SAR units did not work with 42 SAR units. So, some Jew at MINDEF thought that AI should be integrated with tanks to develop a level of co-operation in war time use and fight as one unit. This made sense at that time. hence 46 was formed.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when I knew him, he is not into those backstabbing, cheating lying shits that all politicians are. he should have stayed in the army. he would have been happy there. he was a real adventure outdoor type. did u know he and gay loong were prohibited from going to jump school? So, he quietly when and did a jump without telling his father. Gay loong would never try shit like that as he know he is just marking time for his ultimate job of PM.

If he wanted to go to Parachute School, after our OCS, my then instructor, LTA Neo Keng Kok, a US Ranger and a champion skydiver, who later became OC Parachute School, would have allowed him, as Neo was a fearless career commando officer, who hentak kaki, and retired as a CPT.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah, LKY already that racist then. This man is immoral.

In those days, if you are armour officer and your wife is not local chinese girl, u will kenna hanta kaki. No need to be malay. I know one armour captain. his wife was Taiwanese. He was condemned capt. for life. Of course today with the PAP opening the doors to FTs, i suppose your wife could be a negro, and they wouldn't care.

Funny u should say that Hsien Yang rescued Ralph. I viewed it differently. Hsien yang was an early generation scholar general, and this breed was the one the made all the farmer career professional officers like patrick choy, thesiera, etc. extinct. these chaps were really bitter towards these instant fake generals.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
46 was inside Selarang barrack in Changi , right?

Whoa whoa, I never said that. 46 was not "given" to him. 46 was formed because doctrine changed at that time to allow for a mixed combined armoured fighting element. 40 SAR was pure AMX-13 tanks, and they are all assigned out to SIRs for infantry fire support during combat ops in wartime scenarios. 42 was pure AI M113 and they were the mobile infantry under armour. But 40 SAR units did not work with 42 SAR units. So, some Jew at MINDEF thought that AI should be integrated with tanks to develop a level of co-operation in war time use and fight as one unit. This made sense at that time. hence 46 was formed.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
If he wanted to go to Parachute School, after our OCS, my then instructor, LTA Neo Keng Kok, a US Ranger and a champion skydiver, who later became OC Parachute School, would have allowed him, as Neo was a fearless career commando officer, who hentak kaki, and retired as a CPT.

Hahahaha, what he wants is different from what his father will allow.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

If you are an SAF sign on officer, u must have gone for KP conversion in Hukou, ROC, right? That is the most switched off armour course u will ever find. LOL.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Yes, none, I agree. But I do see Malay cooks though. Does it means anything?

Did you go to the Command Post exercise in NZ? Sometimes in 1978-79 period?

No malays, not even as cook. Are you sure there were malay cooks? I never saw one.

Those Command Post exercises were before my time.