• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What George Yeo is going to do?

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
He said he won't step down, so what will he do next?

Come back as PAP candidate in 2016, unlikely.

Volunteer for PAP, he won't have the time.

Join opposition, very unlikely.

Volunteer outside politics, that is considered retired already.

Perhaps he hasn't ruled out PE, but that will be 2023.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Watch his movements this and next few years. At the moment, I suspect Marine Parade since he resigned as Aljunied Bedok Reservoir-Punggol chairman and advisor, but has still been actively seeking political limelight. But of course, I suspect and guess only, I'm no great forecaster and strategist like your good friend.

Last edited:

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal

what do you mean he wun step down???

Foreign Minister George Yeo leaves politics
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/sing...ter-george-yeo-leaves-politics-061849910.html

Goh Chok Tong, George Yeo & LKY step down from PAP CEC
http://newasiarepublic.com/?p=33792

George Yeo to step down as grassroots advisor on Jan 1
http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20111208-315126.html

Mr Victor Lye.

The 49-year-old general manager of a health-care insurance company is the man chosen to lead the People's Action Party (PAP) activists in the Bedok Reservoir-Punggol ward in Aljunied GRC to make an attempt at winning it back from the Workers' Party (WP), reported The Straits Times (ST).
Will he be able to fill the shoes of predecessor George Yeo?
http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20120212-327450.html
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_765762.html

S Iswaran appointed to represent Eurasians
The community was previously represented by former foreign minister, Mr George Yeo.
http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC120325-0000018/S-Iswaran-appointed-to-represent-Eurasians

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
ST, 25 Mar 2012

He commented, "After the elections, some of the heartfelt letters sent to me read like obituaries. But I told my wife... I'm not retiring yet. I'll be doing some other things. I still plan to contribute in other ways."

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another way out, if he's still interested, is to be an ambassador. Anyway, I'm in no way qualified to be his career consultant.

even ambassador at large tommy koh have to report Minister... for GY to report to K SHan is a downgrade

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
ST, 25 Mar 2012

He commented, "After the elections, some of the heartfelt letters sent to me read like obituaries. But I told my wife... I'm not retiring yet. I'll be doing some other things. I still plan to contribute in other ways."

he is not retiring doesnt mean he is not retiring from politics... just as Nicole Not contesting doesnt mean NSP not contesting

he still plan to contribute to Kuok Group as vice-chairman of Kerry Group (HK)
http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20111216-316693.html

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
even ambassador at large tommy koh have to report Minister... for GY to report to K SHan is a downgrade

Former Chief Minister David Marshall also became an ambassador and reported to Foreign Minister S. Rajaretnam.

Former British PMs Winston Churchill and Margaret Thatcher also took their seats at the backbenches after being ousted.

Former US Vice President Al Gore also took his seat in the Congress whereas he was Head of Congress earlier as VP.

In true service to nation, or even corporation, who cares about rank? Would you resign if your subordinate is promoted over you?

Last edited:

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Former Chief Minister David Marshall also became an ambassador and reported to Foreign Minister S. Rajaretnam.

Former British PMs Winston Churchill and Margaret Thatcher also took their seats at the backbenches after being ousted.

Former US Vice President Al Gore also took his seat in the Congress whereas he was Head of Congress earlier as VP.

In true service to nation, or even corporation, who cares about rank? Would you resign if your subordinate is promoted over you?

PAP only talk rank and $$ ... what true service talkin you?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Come back as PAP candidate in 2016, unlikely.

Volunteer for PAP, he won't have the time.

Join opposition, very unlikely.

Volunteer outside politics, that is considered retired already.

Perhaps he hasn't ruled out PE, but that will be 2023.

GY has been very vague, so there's probably nothing to read into it. He's probably just a reserve in case crisis strikes PAP and they need people fast.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP now has a lot of headless chickens running around. GY, Nathan, Lim Hwee Hua, Cynthia Phua..
and very soon, GCT....

Then they go around doing all the GD (general duty) staff..gracing Eurasian/Peranakan functions...or dispensing their one-sided history lessons..ad infinitum

Last edited:

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP now has a lot of headless chickens running around. GY, Nathan, Lim Hwee Hua, Cynthia Phua..
and very soon, GCT....

Then they go around doing all the GD (general duty) staff..gracing Eurasian/Peranakan functions...or dispensing their one-sided history lessons..ad infinitum

pap breakaway party pool in the making.

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He may have seen something which we don't. Like waiting for old man to die, follow by PAP's split, then he can emerged as a leader of one of the factions....

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
He may have seen something which we don't. Like waiting for old man to die, follow by PAP's split, then he can emerged as a leader of one of the factions....

That's a very perceptive view. Which is the likely case. GY had angered LKY to the point of no return when on the eve of GE2011 openly criticised LKY for his "live and repent" comments and the need for fundamental changes in the thinking of the Party (which indirectly is targeted at LKY). So LHH is in a very awkward position, he wants to appoint GY with a substantive post but is afraid of angering his father even more as he's someone who never forgive anyone that goes against him. So the only thing is to wait for the old man to die and meanwhile let GY float about anywhere, all of which are insignificant posts. The morale of the story is once again is this; that everything hinges on the old man, the PAP world revolves round LKY only, no one else matters, at least for now till he passes on.