• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

what do you all think of MLM?

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
MLM biz model is simply selling very cheap products at very high prices so that the upstream can have substantial amount of comms to collect.

that's the business model of almost any retail business as well, except the profits only go to the shareholders.

$15,000 for a birkin?
$300 for Onitsuka sneakers?
$59 for Havana slippers?

you can easily estimate the cost price of those products. those brands are all making super normal profits too.

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
why do u say so..? is it because of sunshine empire?

Not only sunshine empire , the boss of sunshine empire ( james pang ) happens to be the boss of NOP MLM in paya lebar ( used to be one of the biggest MLM company during the 90s .

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
One of the tactic used in MLM to con ppl into joining them is to make sure their sales team dress nice and look successful so that to convince you that their company can make them rich like those salesman :wink:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know of 1 fellow who goes to less developed countries, like Indon, Vietnam and even Thailand to conduct seminars to prey on less suspecting target 'markets'.

DEDEER

Alfrescian
Loyal
that's the business model of almost any retail business as well, except the profits only go to the shareholders.

$15,000 for a birkin?
$300 for Onitsuka sneakers?
$59 for Havana slippers?

you can easily estimate the cost price of those products. those brands are all making super normal profits too.

Like that means all 'luxury' products means is MLM already if cheaper alternative can be found :(

BMW/merc/audi = MLM
D10 condo/landed = MLM
Apple products = MLM
Ben & Jerry = MLM

Only NTUC housebrand, HDB, QQ Cherry/Proton is not MLM. :biggrin:

pyshock

Alfrescian
Loyal
My teenage nephew was introduced to Euroclass Asset Management a few years back. Was asked to buy some stuffs from a shop in Orchard Central as "investments" with promises of high returns. The company holds frequent seminars to sell their scheme and "investors" are encouraged to bring in new "recruits" . Reminds me of Sunshine Empire.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One of the tactic used in MLM to con ppl into joining them is to make sure their sales team dress nice and look successful so that to convince you that their company can make them rich like those salesman :wink:

Same same insurance salesmen. Now HDB housing agents also wearing a suit in this goddamn hot weather.

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Same same insurance salesmen. Now HDB housing agents also wearing a suit in this goddamn hot weather.

Singapore housing agent wearing suit outside or in showroom ? If its inside showroom then its ok but if wear outside to meet clients then I say siao !! But it's true that image are very important when comes to sales .

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore housing agent wearing suit outside or in showroom ? If its inside showroom then its ok but if wear outside to meet clients then I say siao !! But it's true that image are very important when comes to sales .

And for the female salespeople... plenty of makeup and trinkets. Maybe a whiff of perfume. :wink:

After all, prostitution was the oldest sales profession.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
paiseh to say. i hate mlm regardless of the product and service. too many target friends, relatives and families. sometimr friendship and kinship can get lost because of mlm.

sometime back, fought with my gf over her mlm activites. think i even started a thread before.

knn, mlm really friendship and kinship killer. worst is my room used to be filled with mlm products. luckily no more liaoz.

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
And for the female salespeople... plenty of makeup and trinkets. Maybe a whiff of perfume. :wink:

After all, prostitution was the oldest sales profession.

Very true sex always sells , sometimes when customer buy products from you it's because of you and your PR skill not because of product .

singham

Alfrescian
Loyal
i'd think is opening pple's mind, of course, there are pple out there who disagree, stick to their daily 8to5 job, end up driving taxi when they reached certain age. in this aspect, i still think this is afterall a good life line. unless lan jiao cheng hu lang sabo me again!

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
paiseh to say. i hate mlm regardless of the product and service. too many target friends, relatives and families. sometimr friendship and kinship can get lost because of mlm.

sometime back, fought with my gf over her mlm activites. think i even started a thread before.

knn, mlm really friendship and kinship killer. worst is my room used to be filled with mlm products. luckily no more liaoz.

True because those salesman always target their relatives , friends , sibling ..ect end of the day if those customer they targeted did not make money they will blame it on those " trusted salesman " .

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i'd think is opening pple's mind, of course, there are pple out there who disagree, stick to their daily 8to5 job, end up driving taxi when they reached certain age. in this aspect, i still think this is afterall a good life line. unless lan jiao cheng hu lang sabo me again!

You don't have to be in MLM biz to get out of your 8-5 job :wink: why don't you start selling your own product in the net , this way you earn more profit rather then you working MLM for free :wink:

singham

Alfrescian
Loyal
joinng this kind of mlm, i don't have to keep up with times forever to rack my brain to see what to sell online. don't have to keep on looking for new customers, tio bor...?

You don't have to be in MLM biz to get out of your 8-5 job :wink: why don't you start selling your own product in the net , this way you earn more profit rather then you working MLM for free :wink:

Last edited:

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
eOhNtzd.png

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
joing this kind of mlm, i don;t have to keep up with times forever just rack my brain to see what to sell online. don't have to keep on looking for new customers, tio bor...?

Bo tio !! You want to make money why afraid of hardwork ? The more hardwork you put in the greater the return is . That is the fun part of doing biz .

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
One can easily do the math. By the 4th or 5th level deep in the downlines, the odds against you finding more suckers will be a million to one, as you have by then exhausted all yr frens, relatives, and still short of recruits. You are right of cos that only if you are in the founding layer or among the first will you "leech" on the rest down the lines.

What the company does is then send a portion of the profits to the top of the pyramid, and then let that fraction of the profits slowly trickle down the chain. If you're not one of the top few who joined the pyramid early in the game, good luck waiting for the cash to trickle down to you. Most people will never be able to make back from the pyramid what they forked out in enrollment fees or product purchases.

Last edited: