• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What do u think of this handsome?

ginfugly

Alfrescian
Loyal
futuristic 3D tats, maybe limpeh get 1 for my dick :biggrin:

images

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man with full face tattoo: What have I gotten myself into?
1 of 3
dummy.gif

colin-tf6-27.jpg
Mr Akira Ong, who had a full face tattoo done this year, took a few days to get used to it.ST PHOTO: LIM YAOHUI
PUBLISHED
OCT 27, 2018, 5:00 PM SGT
FACEBOOKTWITTEREMAIL

Janice Tai
Social Affairs Correspondent

A person with Mr Akira Ong's short, skinny frame and mild demeanour would not often catch the eye.
But stroll down a street with him and most heads would turn for a second look, with some so fascinated, they end up staring.
Most of his face is filled with dark and light green strokes. It is not an army boy's face camouflage, but a full-blown face tattoo inspired by graffiti.

"When I go on MRT trains, people don't dare to sit next to me and they would rather stand. But it doesn't bother me," says Mr Ong, 28, who flew to Australia in January this year to get himself inked by his favourite tattoo artist from Germany, called Little Swastika.
Mr Ong is likely the first person in Singapore who has done a full face tattoo, according to tattoo artists.
Globally as well as locally, partial face tattoos are no longer taboo, becoming more mainstream as body tattoos slowly lose their subversive edge.

Besides a full face tattoo, most of Mr Ong's neck, arms and legs are also covered in ink.
He has also had many other forms of body modifications done - forehead implants, a split tongue, a green eyeball tattoo, stretched ear lobes and a lip plug.

He says he chose to cover his whole face and part of his head with ink not because he wants to draw attention. The converse is true, the soft-spoken man stressed.
"When people see someone who is heavily tattooed, they will notice the tattoo, but they can't tell it's me and that gives me a form of hidden identity," says Mr Ong, who works as a tattoo artist at Horikawa Tattoos in East Coast Road. :rolleyes:

"In a fast-paced world where everyone wants to be known and recognised, I just want to do my own thing and be in my own world," he adds.
Formerly a chef after dropping out of Montfort Secondary School, he decided to go for a full face tattoo after one year on the job as a tattoo artist with Horikawa.
"Since I am a tattoo artist, I am not afraid that having a huge tattoo on my face would affect my job prospects. Even if I were to change lines in the future, I believe I will still be able to find a back-end food and beverage job," he says.
The $1,800 face tattoo took five hours to be done and was so painful that Mr Ong's body was shaking uncontrollably throughout.
When he finally looked into the mirror, he kept staring at his face.
"What have I gotten myself into?" he had wondered. He did not know what to expect because he had given the tattoo artist full rein, not wanting to cramp his style.

colin-tf10-27_0.jpg
Besides a full face tattoo, most of Mr Akira Ong's neck, arms and legs are also covered in ink. ST PHOTO: LIM YAOHUI

"I got used to it after a few days and fell more and more in love with my face later," says Mr Ong, who would spend 10 to 15 minutes admiring his face in the mirror from time to time.
His taxi driver father was speechless when he saw his son's face. Fearing disagreements with his father, Mr Ong had informed only his mother before he went for the procedure.
"In the past, we would quarrel about my tattoos because people kept staring at me whenever we go out for family dinners," says Mr Ong, whose mother is a nurse.
"But one day, I sat my father down to explain, and said that if you care more about the stares from others than your son's happiness, perhaps we would just go out for dinner less.
"I think then my father understood and accepted the way I am," says Mr Ong, who is single but hopes to marry and start a family.
Addressing assumptions that he does extreme things to himself because he hates himself or his parents, he says: "I love the face my mum and dad gave me, but we all do things to ourselves to become more beautiful or comfortable.
"Doing this makes me happy and I just want to be comfortable in my own skin."
He says he is close to his family, often spending his only day off of the week with them.
One of the first tattoos that Mr Ong, who had two younger sisters, got at age 18 was of the word "family", done below his eye. When his sister committed suicide two years ago, he had a teardrop tattooed beneath his right eye.
His boss and mentor Baldwin Chew, 32, founder of Horikawa Tattoos, also has tattoos on his forehead, nose and the sides of his face.

hzchew2017.jpg
Mr Baldwin Chew, founder of Horikawa Tattoos, has tattoos on his forehead, nose and the sides of his face. ST PHOTO: LIM YAOHUI

"When I did my neck and face tattoos, I knew I would have to give it my all in this tattoo trade. There will be no other way out or job options other than working at the zoo perhaps," Mr Chew says.
His latest face tattoo is the signature of his favourite Japanese tattoo artist Horiyoshi III, which was done last year across his left cheek.
"My wife was against it because she said she still wants to see my face, but I think it's fine because it doesn't cover all of my face. My son also grew up seeing me with these face tattoos," says Mr Chew, who has a three-year-old son.
"I am proud of them but, looking back, if I had the choice again, I would not do them. Tattooing your face can totally change your appearance. It is life-changing," he adds.
Mr Ong says: "It is a lifetime commitment, but I don't think I will regret it."
FACE ART CATCHES ON, BUT KNOW THE RISKS FIRST
Tattoos in highly visible areas, especially the face, were considered the taboo within a taboo art for decades.
Face tattoos are taken to be the extreme in body art, even among tattoo lovers, as one cannot hide them.
A growing number of people here have chosen to follow a global trend where ink has crossed a new line, creeping upwards past the neckline.
"It's getting more common to have facial tattoos nowadays and I have gotten an average of a 20 per cent increase in inquiries for them in the last few years," says local tattoo artist Chester Lee from Oracle Tattoo.
Over the last decade, he has done about 50 face tattoos.
Tattoo artist Augustine Ong, owner of Singapore Electric, has also done about 20 per cent more face tattoos in the last five years.
Tattooer Lionel Ng has been doing tattoo work for 23 years, but it is only in the past few years that he has done about four face tattoos.
In the West, face tattoos are becoming more mainstream.
Instagram is packed with photos (#facetattoo) of people, mostly the young, showing off their new face ink. Perhaps they are following the example of their favourite musician, model or star.

Musician Post Malone, for instance, has "Stay Away" in curly script on his forehead and "Always" and "Tired" tattooed below each eye, while singer-songwriter Justin Bieber has a tiny cross under his left eye.

Mr Ong says people usually do simpler designs such as fonts, spiders, spider webs and Maori patterns below the eyes, on the sides of the face or on the chin.
People get face tattoos for aesthetic reasons or a stronger sense of identity, say tattoo artists.
Mr Ng says it may be done to attract attention or to follow fashion trends seen on social media.
He does not do facial tattoos for people who do not already have a tattoo. "They are too young and do not think about the consequences of having it... as it may become a barrier for employment and social and romantic relationships," he says.
There is no minimum age requirement to get tattooed.
"It takes a lot of courage to do it on your face and such extreme behaviour may be due to unresolved psychological issues where one feels a need to adopt another identity," he adds.
colin-tm1-19.jpg

Related Story
Man, who has tattooed nearly entire body, undergoes operation to remove genitals, nipples
Related Story
The cells that eat, regurgitate and eat your tattoos again
Dermatologist Joyce Lim from Joyce Lim Skin and Laser Clinic says the risks of infection from a face tattoo is the same as one on another part of the body. However, should an infection set in, it would spread faster.
"This is because there are more blood vessels on the face. There is also a higher risk of the infection spreading to the brain as there are connections between facial and brain vessels," she adds.
Aesthetic doctor Sii Sik Liong from S Aesthetics Clinic says it is more painful to remove a face tattoo than a tattoo elsewhere on the body because facial skin is thinner.
"Although medical laser technology has improved tremendously, most tattoos cannot be removed completely with laser," he says. "Therefore, it is important that one thinks very carefully before having a tattoo done, be it on the face or body."