• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

what are the options for cancer patients until Sg?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thanks for your feedback. I learnt of SSG from some cancer survivors at Kampong Senang (it's a Buddhist centre where they propagate healthy living via vegetarian diet). I myself am no medical guru but learn from people who went through or are going through it. I have to add that cancer remains relatively unknown to medical science as no treatment seems to work across the board. Even the cause of cancer has been attributed to so many things. I kind of sense it may be a wide spectrum of stuff that has been called cancer and hence no single treatment has been found effective. I've even been told by TCM practitioner that treatments exist in China that have high success rate, but have come across Singaporeans who spent hundreds of thousands of dollars travel to China only to die soon after. At a certain point of desperation, sufferers will believe anything anyone says. For them, prayers help. At the same time, I personally know a survivor who had no medical treatment (chemo, hormonal, or TCM) and survived (more than ten years since he was found to have kidney cancer), he got through only via strict diet control, and meditation. Until such time we understand cancer more, we may be able to approach it better. For now, it is hit or miss.

Cheers!

Maybe different people have different body system react differently to certain medication . I agreed that for now cancer still scary especially leukemia .. Cause leukemia doesn't have any stage .

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you smoke, while at home?.
Hopefully not, with the wife and kids around.

Have you tried quitting?

Yes I do smoke at home especially when there is live football on TV.. Wife don't really make noise about it but now I make it a point not to smoke if wife or my pets besides me..

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
A good thread to raise more awareness about cancer.. My former senior colleague is now undergoing chemo treatment after he kena breast cancer.. And this former mentor of mine is a male..

2 old uncles in my block had lung cancer.. One died in 2011 while another died few weeks ago.. No opportunity for me to attend his wake as I outstation now..

I'm now smoking at least 2 packs a day.. At this rate I think I would kena lung cancer one day..

Bro zeddy, pls stop while you can. Or try adopting some measures to avoid onset of cancer. Watch this http://w3.newsmax.com/newsletters/brownstein/video_cancer_prevention.cfm?promo_code=11F8F-1

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro zeddy, pls stop while you can. Or try adopting some measures to avoid onset of cancer. Watch this http://w3.newsmax.com/newsletters/brownstein/video_cancer_prevention.cfm?promo_code=11F8F-1

Thanks Bro for the link.. Thinking back now, life is full of irony.. When young, I used to scold my father for his smoking habit.. Can't stand the smoke..

Then I took up smoking in sec school.. Now I'm a hardcore smoker for nearly 20 years now.. LOL..

Its very hard for me to quit smoking.. In my line of job and you're stuck in the middle of the sea, smoking or fishing is the way to pass your time..

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Religious people will tell you god have its plan for those cancer people !! Kraaaaapui

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Discuss. Umm, may I request no 'u die your biz'. This we reserve for other threads.

Mainly like to discuss on treatment methods, costs and support.

Thanks for any valuable ideas and thoughts.

I think can follow LHL method is the best since he is still around until now...his lymphoma cancer was in 1992/93 and it has been twenty years, very long survival period...heard that he followed a mixture of western and TCM treatment...of course, nothing but the best doctors and herbs for him...

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cancer is a way of doctor to make a lot of money, so they can buy condo, cars etc, while the patient suffer great pains, the greater the pain, the more money the doctor get.
what is life just on the bed everyday suffering from the so call treatment.
If you have cancer and it is late stage, forget the treatment, if family force you, give them the middle finger.
the doctor only prolong your suffering so you can pay more.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
for those having symptoms of stomach or digestive ailments, such as severe acid reflux or heartburn, bloating, frequent indigestion, pain or ulcers, bleeding, anemia, nausea, etc., it is highly recommended that you go through a clinical breath test for any presence of the nasty bacteria, helicobacter pylori. h. pylori, as it is commonly referred to, settles in the lower stomach region, often staying put at the duodenum, thriving and not succumbing to stomach acid. in fact, it helps and induces the stomach to produce more acid. the bacterium is contracted via consumption of food and water contaminated with raw filth and fecal matter. it happens a lot in asia especially with eating raw or half-cooked seafood, especially fresh water fish, shrimp or mollusc, raw vege, freshly cut fruit on roadsides, etc., and the bacteria can live in your stomach for decades. over time, especially when you hit your 40s and 50s, the bacteria can cause ulcers which lead to bleeding. if your faeces are gluey black, your stomach or duodenum may have ulcers and typically you will suffer from anemia or loss of blood. see the doc immediately and or asked to be checked into the emergency room. you need blood replacement anyway. chances are that you'll need an endoscopy and blood transfusion and observation for a couple of days while warded. the endoscopy should include a biopsy to confirm the presence of h. pylori and any cancer that is a consequent of it. if yes, and duodenal or stomach cancer has not developed, you are one lucky dude. your ulcer and subsequent tummy bleeding may have saved you. but before the shit hits the fan, do your family a favor by asking your doc to prescribe a simple clinical breath test for h. pylori. it's cheap, non-intrusive, painless, only takes 15 minutes, does not require you to be naked or warded, and can be done at any outpatient clinical test center or lab. if you're tested positive, ask doc to prescribe you the prev pack which comprise a cocktail of pantaprazole or equivalent capsules, and two types of anti-biotics. the medication will last 2 weeks, and take it religiously according to prescription. do the breath test again in a month, and if negative, you're in the clear. the above advice and procedure are not well known in sg medical circles and seldom administered. but it is becoming extremely important now in the u.s., especially with a heavy influx of tiongs and nehs. :*:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you.

Everyone has many types of cancer cell in their body. It is just a matter of time one grows more than others and become irreversible.

I have adopted a cancer type life style and imagine got cancer and give myself 5 years to live. Nothing happen add another 5 years and so on.

In this way you tend to enjoy life more. Born to die anyway might as well plan to die too.

if i would to get cancer, i take out all my saving and spend it on holiday and stuffs.
i am not giving a cent to the stupid doctors for miracle cure even when chances are bad.
it is time to go. it is time to go.

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
my friend died of pancreatic cancer in May this year. 1 less vote for PAP.

His treatment cause $30,000 and he still has to die. All this bull shit treatment end $$ in doctor's pocket.

cancer is a way of doctor to make a lot of money, so they can buy condo, cars etc, while the patient suffer great pains, the greater the pain, the more money the doctor get.
what is life just on the bed everyday suffering from the so call treatment.
If you have cancer and it is late stage, forget the treatment, if family force you, give them the middle finger.
the doctor only prolong your suffering so you can pay more.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
look like he pass his cancer to Singaporeans, injecting 6.9M type virus cell to tiny dot.

I think can follow LHL method is the best since he is still around until now...his lymphoma cancer was in 1992/93 and it has been twenty years, very long survival period...heard that he followed a mixture of western and TCM treatment...of course, nothing but the best doctors and herbs for him...

Kinanna

Alfrescian
Loyal
if i would to get cancer, i take out all my saving and spend it on holiday and stuffs.
i am not giving a cent to the stupid doctors for miracle cure even when chances are bad.
it is time to go. it is time to go.
In your case when it's time to go , hades will welcome you with open arms. Where the fuel is of men n stones.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my friend died of pancreatic cancer in May this year. 1 less vote for PAP.

His treatment cause $30,000 and he still has to die. All this bull shit treatment end $$ in doctor's pocket.
Pancreatic cancer seems to be the deadliest. No sign or symptom during early stage and not easily detected during health screening. To-date, I knew 4 chaps both male and female losing their lives to this type of cancer. Most notable point is all are health conscious, regular checkup, eat ONLY "healthy food - organic" and exercise regularly. After their departures, I began to doubt those advice on healthy lifestyle. Maybe they were too extreme in the so-called good habits.

Another lady survived breastcancer not once but 3 times. Very religious and positive in outlook. Her "can do" attitude may be her real cure. Despite having young kids, she accepts whatever that may happen. Follow medical instruction diligently without doubts or anger.