• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What are the chances for WP "B Team" win in East Coast GRC?

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Logically, next GE should see WP consolidating eastern grounds, i.e. East Coast, Tampines and Marine Parade. But, the eastern grounds all require Malay candidates. I don't know whether WP have enough of them. Also of course, how the negotiations with NSP work out. NSP was the bloody fool who contested east end and west end without any sense of direction nor strategy.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed. Must take time to patiently explain to them the process leading to voting secrecy and make sure they understand. WP candidates must give them the assurance.

Came across afew groups of aunties and old ladies talking about the iron hammer during last GE, and their concern is voting secrecy. This happened after Slyvia Lim's rally at Aljunied, seems the message didnt get across to the other GRCs. Thats why I made a thread here during the GE asking WP to repeat this message, but the thread kenna buried.:(

Talk to the older gen during your walk abouts.

But I dont like the guy in the team after he picked up forms for his friend.

i went to bedok stadium, a lot of them are young working adults and very few malays and indians. wp needs to get the message to the older people and also malay, esp about the voting secrecy

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
As an average joe, imo NSP cannot win marine parade after the novelty of the catfight btw tpl and ns wears off.

Logically, next GE should see WP consolidating eastern grounds, i.e. East Coast, Tampines and Marine Parade. But, the eastern grounds all require Malay candidates. I don't know whether WP have enough of them. Also of course, how the negotiations with NSP work out. NSP was the bloody fool who contested east end and west end without any sense of direction nor strategy.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
What I know from friends and relatives whom voted for WP in East Coast GRC, they voted base on the WP brand name and not Eric Tan. Thus far, his departure dont seem to have impact on my friends and relatives decision to vote otherwise come next GE.

East Coast ended up the second highest scoring GRC for WP. Immediately after the results, I have high hopes for it in the next GE. However, just days later, I was dazed by the bitter resignation of Eric Tan over the NCMP seat.

Asian

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the chances of East Coast GRC is the best among the 3. Nee Soon too far north and far too much PAP supporters, Moumien Kallang can be cut into pieces. But EC how they cut also in the East which is WP strong hold. Only chance PAP has, is to cut EC into Marine Parade and Tampines GRC, which belongs to NSP. So just like PE, 3 corner fight and PAP win by small margin again.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
My reading is this, WP at EC 45%, at JC 49%. NSP at Tampines 42%, at MP 43%. That makes Tampines and MP natural targets for WP in the next round. If WP do that cornering the entire east, there'd be no room for gerrymandering. My worry is if they have enough Malay candidates.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the chances of East Coast GRC is the best among the 3. Nee Soon too far north and far too much PAP supporters, Moumien Kallang can be cut into pieces. But EC how they cut also in the East which is WP strong hold. Only chance PAP has, is to cut EC into Marine Parade and Tampines GRC, which belongs to NSP. So just like PE, 3 corner fight and PAP win by small margin again.
NSP should fuck off... knowing they cant win at all, might as well let WP compete for it. LOL

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Advise to WP; Come next August, walk around the private estates in the EC GRC, see which household hang flags, those are not your likely targets...... they are mostly porlumpa contractors.:biggrin:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
NSP should fuck off... knowing they cant win at all, might as well let WP compete for it. LOL

You must tell your friend GMS to stop pretending to be clever and your other friend Ramseth to stop giving advice in flowery English that sends everybody down to the pits but always saving an insurance clause for himself.

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You must tell your friend GMS to stop pretending to be clever and your other friend Ramseth to stop giving advice in flowery English that sends everybody down to the pits but always saving an insurance clause for himself.
Yah, see 2 of them will kick their butts LOL

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
Advise to WP; Come next August, walk around the private estates in the EC GRC, see which household hang flags, those are not your likely targets...... they are mostly porlumpa contractors.:biggrin:

This is a good one .... :biggrin:

Hope WP works the ground smartly.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For WP 'B' Team to win, they have to start working the ground now. Get to know the area and its residents, and even better, attend PA events. They need to get their profile up if not it will be very hard. Did what Silvia Lim did when she was NCMP. Work the ground and get ready for the next election.

Alot will also depend on the performance of the Aljunied MPs in Parliament. They argue well and make PAP look like idiots, than got chance. ALjunied MPs are doing good work walking the ground, when the next election comes, they will win again by a bigger margin. Like LTKs win in Hougang.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP need more talents, I dun think it will be hard to find liao, WP gaining popularity....

WP jialat with gangsters like Ramseth beat up people and kill dog :eek:

What the hell is Rams doing with WP. He sounds more suitable staying with police or NTUC.