• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Well Done, PAP

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr tracy tan, Young man, remember, dun response too fast when jio by anti pappies. Relax a little bit. Think what's on my mind and what's on everyone mind.

Surprise your senior ib never teach u this.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My friend and I went for lunch at a restaurant this afternoon. We were pleasantly surprised to see an all Singaporean crew. The waiters and waitresses were Singaporean undergrads, poly students and ITE students. It feels so good to see singaporeans. Well done, PAP, for not importing foreign trashes into SG to suppress SG workers salaries.

Bullocks, you never ask them how much they were paid? Got SGD 2.6K for dishwasher job or not? Aircon some more because this pay still hard to find workers! Where is this place? Hong Kong lor! How possible? See my post below:

Only got time to translate headline
Three tricks by Hongkie restaurants to attract employees
Sinkie two tarzen and sickty dollar salary for dishwasher
Major increase in working space
Air conditioning for dishwasher!

How is this possible?
Answer in the second last paragraph of article
In 2013, employers applied for 4,410 workers to be imported
Only 40% were approved
Hongkie Ministry also has 26 categories of work
Not allowed to apply for imported labour

洗碗工難求 食肆3招搶人
月薪1.6萬 倍增工作空間 裝冷氣

早前有食肆申請輸入外勞當洗碗工,被勞顧會勞方成員反對,洗碗工是否很難請?有飲食集團以月薪1.6萬元、倍增工作空間及加裝冷氣招徠,不單吸引廚房幫工轉行,亦有80後年輕人願意兼職。

據勞工處數字,去年有逾17萬飲食業空缺,創歷年新高,以樓面部長、侍應、傳菜員最多,洗碗工排第三,有逾7,000個空缺。餐飲聯業協會會長黃家和指,最低工資徹底改變職場生態,行業流失大量洗碗工,影響食肆運作,贊成政府輸人外勞,解決人手不足情況。

身兼最低工資委員會的叙福樓集團執行董事黃傑龍稱,現時新移民婦女可補充基層職位,自從公司以1.6萬元請洗碗工,多了男性入行。惟他不認同工會指,只要老闆願加人工,就有人入行:「洗碗加到五萬蚊一個月,一定有人爭住做,但到時乾炒牛河要168蚊一碟。」

80後時薪46元做兼職

專營日式食肆的株式會社有限公司區域經理蔣成邦稱,集團自2012年尾開始以1.6萬元聘洗碗工,並在新店減少店面面積擴大洗碗空間兼加裝冷氣,改善工作環境,出招後查詢倍增,同時有廚房幫工被高薪吸引轉行,亦有80後需供樓的年輕人以時薪46元兼職洗碗,惟仍是請不夠人。他指集團19間食肆基本需每店至少一名全職洗碗工,惟現時只有13人,需靠兼職工幫手,建議政府短期輸入外勞解決業界人手不足問題。

飲食業職工總會秘書長黃必文指,自沙士後業界不斷精簡架構,洗碗工序由以往三人負責變成現時一人「一腳踢」,工作量大增薪金增幅卻有限,低技術中年人士也拒絕入行,建議政府督促業界檢討,改善工人待遇,不應隨便放寬輸入外勞。

港大社工及社會行政學系榮譽教授周永新則不反對輸入外勞,但強調政府需做好配套。「如增加兼職職位,釋放婦女勞動力,政府增設『外勞稅』,以稅款津貼低收入工人,及提供培訓引領基層工人上流。」

申外勞 勞方一致反對

早前有食肆計劃以「補充勞工計劃」申請輸入十名外勞當洗碗工,被勞顧會勞方成員一致反對,惟資方認為可以「開錄燈」,「現時真的請不到人嘛!」

勞工處去年收到申請輸入外勞人數達4,410人,只得逾四成獲批。計劃目前規定26個工種不能申請,包括收銀、侍應,洗碗工卻不在此限。申請僱主首先要在港公開招聘四星期,若未能聘任足夠人手,則可透過計劃申請輸入,惟六名勞顧會中勞方成員全力反對,在公開招聘一步前已否決其申請。

資方成員之一的施榮懷贊成,他稱其友人為日本餐廳老闆,曾以日薪600元聘洗碗工,時薪為75元仍無人問津。勞方成員之一梁籌庭指,今次是首次收到洗碗工申請外勞,擔心批准會創先河。

http://www.skypost.hk/港聞/新聞頭條/20140224/001/洗碗工難求 食肆3招搶人/128567

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bullocks, you never ask them how they were paid? Got SGD 2.6K for dishwasher job or not? Aircon some more because this pay still hard to find workers! Where is this place? Hong Kong lor! How possible? See my post below:

yes, i didnt ask how much they are paid. they are parttimers and are probably paid by the hour

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Glad that you will support restaurants in SG with all SG staff.

It was Swensen's at T2. I had ribeye steak for $24.50

never been to that swesen's n i doucnhe intend to go changi ariport unless i run road. all the swesen's i've been to , from parkway to bugis, all have malaysian cheenas and flips working there. i find very hard to belive. at most MNC or ang moh franchise will employ 60% sinkie just to look like they "supporting community".

jacobsgoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
BALLS!

LANJEOW!

The only reason why there are ministers in PAP is that they are self serving greedy walking bags of excrement all out to help smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY to get 700++ billions into LKY stinkapore sovereign funds and for them to laugh all the way to their fucking banks
That is all they know and that is all that they do.

DONT KID YOURSELF THAT THEY LISTEN TO SINKIES OR TO STINKIES

UNLESS YOU A FUCKING PAP PLANT TRYING TO SELL KOYOK AND MAKING FUCKING INNUENDOES THAT PAP LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE

I like the way you say it.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
never been to that swesen's n i doucnhe intend to go changi ariport unless i run road. all the swesen's i've been to , from parkway to bugis, all have malaysian cheenas and flips working there. i find very hard to belive. at most MNC or ang moh franchise will employ 60% sinkie just to look like they "supporting community".

swensens food is below average. yesterday, my friend and i went in because we saw Singaporean faces and wanted to support them

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why incremental when drastic actions are needed. After all the damage, they are just doing so little and you sing with joy. Sadly, lots of sinkees are like you, easily fooled.

yes, the pap has done great damage. so let us give them some encouragement when they have seen the light and are repenting

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its at the airport, I suppose you can say they "have" to hire Singaporean due to security checks. Its easier to hire Singaporean for that. FTs naturally would shun airport work as this would mean the red tapes involved is longer. The question becomes, how come the government do not implement stringent checks before allowing these FTs into the country in the first place. Again, you are delusional if you think seeing Singaporean working in just one restaurant means they have repent.

swensens food is below average. yesterday, my friend and i went in because we saw Singaporean faces and wanted to support them

i am not out of my mind. indeed i see victory as pap repents

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its at the airport, I suppose you can say they "have" to hire Singaporean due to security checks. Its easier to hire Singaporean for that. FTs naturally would shun airport work as this would mean the red tapes involved is longer. The question becomes, how come the government do not implement stringent checks before allowing these FTs into the country in the first place. Again, you are delusional if you think seeing Singaporean working in just one restaurant means they have repent.

you are wrong..swensens , T2 used to employ mainly foreigners because the pap allowed them to. they only switched to employing Singaporeans and paying them market rate when the pap tightened the screws and didnt give them permits to employ foreigners.

so well, done,PAP.. finally you see the light and are repenting

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The question becomes, how come the government do not implement stringent checks before allowing these FTs into the country in the first place.

the pap erred big time when they irresponsibly opened the floodgate to all foreign trashes with their fake qualifications and fake skills. the pap received a big slap for that and have learnt their lessons and are tightening the flow of foreign trash

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you are wrong..swensens , T2 used to employ mainly foreigners because the pap allowed them to. they only switched to employing Singaporeans and paying them market rate when the pap tightened the screws and didnt give them permits to employ foreigners.

so well, done,PAP.. finally you see the light and are repenting

You give the PAP too much credit lah. For all you know, it could have been a decision made by Swensens, not because of government policy. If PAP policy is that effective, you will be seeing more local employees. The reality is that there are cesspool of foreigners.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the pap erred big time when they irresponsibly opened the floodgate to all foreign trashes with their fake qualifications and fake skills. the pap received a big slap for that and have learnt their lessons and are tightening the flow of foreign trash

it is wayang. Don't be so gullible. If the PAP is really listening, then it should stop issuing new employment pass and deport those here. Let's be reasonable, deport a foreigner for each under-employed or unemployed local. Every sinkee with a degree working as a cab driver or security guard is under-employed.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am not out of my mind. indeed i see victory as pap repents

PAP repent? You are reading too much of the bible.

A few wayang policy with minimal impact and you toot to the whole world that the PAP is listening. Judge them by the results. One Swensen with no foreign labour means squat. If I don't see foreigners in my daily activities, then I accept that the PAP is listening. That is far from happening.