• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

water leaking in toilet bowl

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
apparently, the flushing system is dripping water into the bowl. how to fix it, pls advise!

p.s i feel sorry for dr chee, sinkies dun deserve him.:mad:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
apparently, the flushing system is dripping water into the bowl. how to fix it, pls advise!

p.s i feel sorry for dr chee, sinkies dun deserve him.:mad:

Open the cover, check whether the spare parts are old. Many parts can be bought from from shop. I did that on my own to stop the leak even though I am not a technician, If you call the plumber, they will charge high fee, kena cheated before, so I decided to fix it on my own.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
goto void deck and look at notice board for plumber. the bugger likely to charge you $50 for 20 mins job to replace the flushing valve.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
usually it's the stopper that is not sitting snugly on the hole. it can be a chain in the way or the stopper well has worn out. check stopper first. if all are ok, check height of float ball when water is full. water may be leaking via the overflow as float ball may be set too high.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Usually water leaking Jon-stop is due to valve faulty.

Just take a photo of the valve system in the cistern. Go to a shop that sells toiletry stuff and buy a similar valve unit. Be sure to buy one of similar height as these valves comes in different sizes.

Turn off the tap supplying water into the cistern, Remove the cistern where it holds the water, change the clave, put back the cistern. Just a couple of plastic screws to remove and put back.

As simple as that. No brainier.

Not sure where you are, dyi cost is about one-fifth of what you pay if you get a plumber.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just open the top cover. Look at it where doest it leak.
If you not sure what size, Just open it bring to hardware shop.
It will cost few $(valve) to max $20 if u change whole next set internal.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
why need to spend a single dollar?
I called my town council hot line and they send a technician to fix it FOC.
remember you pay cc/sc charges? make your dollar work harder
if they refused, tell them like that why we vote for you?stupig