• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Warning From Siaosdp, Sammyboy's Moddy

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't take this forum too seriously, it's something I do to pass the time and yes, I enjoy this. So in this context, I do not know whether to take this seriously.

I just got a warning from a Siaosdp about my 'inappropriate' avatar/signature. C&P below. I draughted my reply, also below, but Siaosdp has disabled the ability to receive any message. So I have little choice but to post my reply to him here.

I have used this signature for about a year, I think. My previous was 'Fight & Kill for Non-Violence' which I thought was a mite too graphic and therefore changed it to one I had hoped to be a humorous one. Obviously someone thinks not.

siaosdp said:
Dear Faidenk,

You have received a warning at Sam's Alfresco Coffee.

Reason:
-------
Inappropriate Signature / Avatar

-------

Original Post:
[post]160270[/post]
Because of a weak left knee, even walking up the stairs gives me a slight pain. I started walking a year and a half ago instead. Every other day, about 7 to 8 km each time, lasting about 1.5hrs. Its a relatively slow walk, comfortable but still come back with a sheen of perspiration.

I know, I should make it brisk to break out in sweat but its also the time where I do my thinking. OK, OK, daydreaming.

I sleep better, my blood pressure's down to 120/70. I still take my HBP medication but it was like 150/100 without the walking. My cholesterol improved, can't remember the readings but the doc says so.

I'm 55 and now wake up with a occasional woody. A comely nymph at hand will be not be unwelcome, I tell you.

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
Sam's Alfresco Coffee

Dear Siaosdp,
Thank you for your warning.

I would be more than glad to delete my avatar (I have none), therefore it must be my signature which reads 'Is your Mum my sister? Then stop calling me uncle', if you could explain how it is inappropriate.

It has no sexual connotations nor any reference to any sexual organs or bodily functions. Surely you are not objecting to the terms mum or sister, are you?

The same cannot be said of the 3rd finger you use as your avatar, but it is not the matter we are discussing here, and I respect your rights to use whatever you so desire.

My best regards,
Faidenk

Last edited:

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Further to the above, just like to say I will delete the signature.

We already have pressure at home, even more at work, and I tell, man, I don't need any further agro from some half-assed humourless big-fucks moddy who sports a avartar any 6-year old knows is indecent, to tell me my signature which any 6-year old will find funny, that it is 'INAPPROPRIATE'.

Well there. I've said my piece. Take a good look people at my signature, it will be the last time you see it.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Further to the above, just like to say I will delete the signature.

We already have pressure at home, even more at work, and I tell, man, I don't need any further agro from some half-assed humourless big-fucks moddy who sports a avartar any 6-year old knows is indecent, to tell me my signature which any 6-year old will find funny, that it is 'INAPPROPRIATE'.

Well there. I've said my piece. Take a good look people at my signature, it will be the last time you see it.

Har?!? Don't get so worked up uncle! This guy is not a moderator lah..

Many trolls around giving warnings/infractions for fun... part and parcel of life here. Good thing is new nicks have limited power, so they can't do much damage.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't take this forum too seriously, it's something I do to pass the time and yes, I enjoy this. So in this context, I do not know whether to take this seriously.

I just got a warning from a Siaosdp about my 'inappropriate' avatar/signature. C&P below. I draughted my reply, also below, but Siaosdp has disabled the ability to receive any message. So I have little choice but to post my reply to him here.

I think he does not know the meaning of that line. He must have thought that it was something repugnent. Cultural misunderstanding.

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Har?!? Don't get so worked up uncle! This guy is not a moderator lah..

Many trolls around giving warnings/infractions for fun... part and parcel of life here. Good thing is new nicks have limited power, so they can't do much damage.

He had me going there. Not for the infraction but for the ridiculous reason. Good one, Siaosdp!

I think I'm going to keep my new signature for a while, the Uncle one is getting old anyway.

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cultural difference? I think not.

Siaosdp, joined 19 Jan 09, made 26 posts, nothing opinionated and 15 were warnings or infractions. This guy is having a time of his life.

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
dont worry, i got my warning from some idiots too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfrescian (S)

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
My Reputation: Points: 45 / Power: 0
Rakyat is on a distinguished road
Default You have received a warning at Sam's Alfresco Coffee
Dear R4g3,

You have received a warning at Sam's Alfresco Coffee.

Reason:
-------
Inappropriate Signature / Avatar

-------

Original Post:
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?p=152365
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakyat View Post
40% property rebates

OWNERS of commercial and industrial properties will get a 40 per cent rebate this year.

Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam on Thursday urged landlords to pass this rebate to their tenants and also make it easier for them to pay their rentals.

He said the Singapore Land Authority, Housing Board and Jurong Town Corporation will also give 15 per cent rebate to their tenants for the year of assessment this year.
so 40% goes to the GLC while tenants only get a 15% deduction?
Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
Sam's Alfresco Coffee