• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[WARNING] Excessive Whining Makes You Stupid and at Risk of Heart Attacks & Strokes

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
What does complaining do to your brain?

Complaining is something that we all do. On average, a person complains once throughout a typical conversation. Ask yourself the following question: How many times have I complained today? In most cases, it’s innumerable. So what exactly is complaining?

Complaining is more or less expressing dissatisfaction or resentment. Some people will use the excuse “I’m just venting!”, but in reality, complaining has a large toll on our brains, and henceforth our happiness. ‘I’m afraid your complaining is chronic.’ – ‘I want a second opinion!!’

Our brains are similar to us as humans in the sense that they too do not want to work any harder than they have to. Repeating behaviors, such as complaining, causes your neurons to branch out to each other and make information more easily transferred. So this makes it easier for you to complain more, without even realizing you’re doing it.

Complaining also shrinks your hippocampus, according to research from Stanford University, an area used in problem solving and memory.

Complaining is also bad for your health. When you complain, your body releases more of the hormone that shifts a human into fight-or-flight mode, the hormone known as cortisol. This directs oxygen, blood, and energy from any system that is not crucial to survival. Frequent complaining results in extra cortisol being released, which puts a person more at risk for high cholesterol, diabetes, heart disease, obesity, and strokes.

So what can we do to stop ourselves from complaining? Every time you find yourself making a negative observation, make a positive one instead. It is recommended that a person takes time to think about what they’re grateful for. Doing this can reduce cortisol by 23%, according to research at the University of California, Davis.

Decreasing the amount you complain will have an overall more positive impact on your health. So why not start today?

https://sites.psu.edu/siowfa16/2016/10/21/what-does-complaining-do-to-your-brain/

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
If you are one who loves to rant excessively and nonstop in this forum, whether it's firecrackers, neighbours, virginity, career, property prices or whatever, do beware that over time, your hippocampus will shrink and you will lose logic, sanity and become daft over a period of time.

It has been scientifically proven and not fake news :biggrin:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wat a load of crock. If it were true, the human race would have been extinct long ago. Particularly the poms. N yet humans are breeding more N life span is increasing

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Listening to Complainers Is Bad for Your Brain

Exposure to nonstop negativity actually impairs brain function.

Do you hate it when people complain? It turns out there's a good reason: Listening to too much complaining is bad for your brain in multiple ways, according to Trevor Blake, a serial entrepreneur and author of Three Simple Steps: A Map to Success in Business and Life.

In the book, he describes how neuroscientists have learned to measure brain activity when faced with various stimuli, including a long gripe session. "The brain works more like a muscle than we thought," Blake says. "So if you're pinned in a corner for too long listening to someone being negative, you're more likely to behave that way as well."

Even worse, being exposed to too much complaining can actually make you dumb.

Research shows that exposure to 30 minutes or more of negativity--including viewing such material on TV--actually peels away neurons in the brain's hippocampus. "That's the part of your brain you need for problem solving," he says. "Basically, it turns your brain to mush."

But if you're running a company, don't you need to hear about anything that may have gone wrong? "There's a big difference between bringing your attention to something that's awry and a complaint,"

Blake says. "Typically, people who are complaining don't want a solution; they just want you to join in the indignity of the whole thing. You can almost hear brains clink when six people get together and start saying, 'Isn't it terrible?' This will damage your brain even if you're just passively listening. And if you try to change their behavior, you'll become the target of the complaint."

musashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serenity_Prayer#Genuine_precursors
sadsayings.com/for-every-ailment-under-the-sun-there-is-a-remedy-or-there-is-none-if-there-be-one-try-to-find-it

by:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Goose
sweatingbullets-gif.40503

redface-gif.40438

Attachments

• sadsayings-5179.jpg
    sadsayings-5179.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 1,329

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So being an oppie will officially cause you to die faster of heart attack and stroke. No wonder very few oppies live healthily into their 80s. Most of the PAP leaders, including the Old Guard, lived to their 90s. Even our good PM Lee could beat cancer twice.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are one who loves to rant excessively and nonstop in this forum, whether it's firecrackers, neighbours, virginity, career, property prices or whatever, do beware that over time, your hippocampus will shrink and you will lose logic, sanity and become daft over a period of time.

Ccb Malaysian thieves dare to steal now scared people complaining them as thieves LOL. Hey coward son of pahang whore, I am not afraid to be sued or sacrifice my houseS or shrink brain or whatever to expose the ugly truth of you ccb Malaysians thieves slanderers and harassers.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
This definitely explains why sinkies are so dumb.
I suggest you shut down this whole site as I can’t stand hypocrite sinkies complaining foreigners non stop too. Damn disgusting to complain foreigners while condoning and even celebrating foreigner crimes on me.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Complaining also shrinks your hippocampus, according to research from Stanford University, an area used in problem solving and memory.
Thank you yet again for the education. This explains everything now. There is a direct co-relation between complaining/whining and basic intelligence! Sinkies are number one whiners and 70% voted for the pap. Fantastic! :biggrin:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I agree with your research ....that's why I have started praising the PAP. Majullah sinkapore!