• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vote Tony Tan

jw5

Loyal
Bro, TT resigned DPM and returned to OCBC in the 1990s. In the 2000s then did he returned to DPM for a second stint. However, it's true that he remained MP all the while, whether in cabinet or as backbencher until GE 2006, when KBW took over his Sembawang seat.

Thanks for the clarification.

Hope u understand what I meant by the problem is with the deception, not the nickname and the content of the posts.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yeah, TT is the Messiah, to save Singapore..to unite Singapore and bring the Promised Land. This is the Second COming of TT (or third?)...He is The Chosen One...

hi there

1. bro, good one!
2. aiyoh! i am so frightened that i pissed in my pants.
3. if any sheep does not vote for tt, it shall regret leh.
4. cannot "repent" hoh!

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, TT resigned DPM and returned to OCBC in the 1990s. In the 2000s then did he returned to DPM for a second stint. However, it's true that he remained MP all the while, whether in cabinet or as backbencher until GE 2006, when KBW took over his Sembawang seat.

There is a world of difference between resigning from the PAP and resigning from the DPM post. Not to take up the DPM post means that he does not wish to be seen as a potential Prime Minister. To resign from the PAP means that he is no longer obligated to follow the party line.

However resignation does not mean a break in loyalty if the resignation is understood between the two parties. It may also be an expedient thing to do in order to gain confidence. However this is merely guesswork and the alternative viewpoint: "resignation means independence" is also valid.

Nonetheless Dr Tony Tan had announced his resignation from the PAP. Giving the situation the benefit of the doubt, the playing field is now level. Whoever you vote will have the same paper-value of independence.

Btw, Forvendet, your newly started threads' titles are highly misleading. Not worthy of you.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi there

1. bro, good one!
2. aiyoh! i am so frightened that i pissed in my pants.
3. if any sheep does not vote for tt, it shall regret leh.
4. cannot "repent" hoh!

Can you elaborate on these posts about "Promised Land"? Given the limited powers of the President, how can he have an executive role to shape this country for your benefit? That is the job of the Prime Minister.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forvendet, I am referring to your threads "TKL kicks out GMS" and "Vote for TKL means no deferment of NS".

In the first case, GMS resigns, not TKL kick him out.

In the second case, TKL does not advocate no deferment but rather a balancing of NS across citizens. (but why does TKL keep on going in this vein? those are beyond the powers of the President)

It is of course your right to post misleading titles.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
the other two Tan are only for show.
this TT will surely win

If the election period extents over 9 days, with each candidate allowed to hold election speeches at each of the stadiums on the government's expense (they can appear jointly), then the chances are equal for each of them

However since the candidates are allowed only 1 election rally, Dr Tony Tan has the advantage. This is because he had constant exposure to the public in the past, the public know his track record and he speaks well (compared to the video of TKL speaking).

Because of Dr Tony Tan's track record, the televised profiles will show the other two poorly, relatively speaking.

As a result, Dr Tony Tan is likely to win.

Again, it depends on how much the public believe that Dr Tony Tan is independent of the PAP, despite his resignation. And how much they value this quality of 'independence' in the President.

There is still a chance for the other two.

Besides the vote is never final until it is counted.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forvendet, I am referring to your threads "TKL kicks out GMS" and "Vote for TKL means no deferment of NS".

In the first case, GMS resigns, not TKL kick him out.

In the second case, TKL does not advocate no deferment but rather a balancing of NS across citizens. (but why does TKL keep on going in this vein? those are beyond the powers of the President)

It is of course your right to post misleading titles.

If you read the contents, first, it was my personal conjecture that TKL has kicked out GMS from his campaign. Then, it was TKL himself who wrote in his own blog that whilst CEO at NTUC Income, he practised no deferment for NSmen. Anyway, with apologies, you're right to put the issue right - president has no power over national defence policies.

V

Vultan

KNN.. Both TS and kakowi (IR123) masturbating in this thread. :biggrin:
Sure, it's your choice and freedom to do so.

All but a smoke screen and wayang when there is no contest / vote at all. It's already pre-destined. TT will be President, decided by LKY / PAP and not by votes.

:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal

All but a smoke screen and wayang when there is no contest / vote at all. It's already pre-destined. TT will be President, decided by LKY / PAP and not by votes.

:biggrin:

How can it be decided by LKY/PAP when it will be a clean election? If the electoral process in Singapore is not clean, then how could WP won 6 seats and LHL saw his vote percentage declined? In the same way, the Presidential election will also be a clean one.

Because it is a clean election, TKL and TCB still have chances so long as they continue fighting till the bell is rung. If you support them, then find ways to help them.

As for me, I have already stated I am willing to take a chance on Tony Tan. I came to my conclusion using different criteria from Forvendet.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
How can it be decided by LKY/PAP when it will be a clean election? If the electoral process in Singapore is not clean, then how could WP won 6 seats and LHL saw his vote percentage declined? In the same way, the Presidential election will also be a clean one.

Because it is a clean election, TKL and TCB still have chances so long as they continue fighting till the bell is rung. If you support them, then find ways to help them.

As for me, I have already stated I am willing to take a chance on Tony Tan. I came to my conclusion using different criteria from Forvendet.

As you've rightly pointed out, president has no power over defence and other policy matters. TKL started well enough on his actuarial and financial qualification which is good for presidential remit, but looks losing direction with policy issues meant for parliament and cabinet. I don't think he's that lost. I think he's just pandering to opposition supporters from the GE hangover. In the end, even if he wins, he can't deliver.

K

Kanetsugu Naoe

How can it be decided by LKY/PAP when it will be a clean election?

Sure sure.. yeah clean.. :rolleyes::biggrin:

Another offspring born out of myo539's smelly CB. :biggrin:

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who feel that Tony Tan is representative of the PAP, they really should consider voting for TKL or TCB.

TKL seems to be a person some seem to hate. Still TKL has a strong following. I looked at askance on those who wrote extremely negative posts on him especially when the PE is so different in tenor from the GE. Why pull him down so that Tony Tan (or TCB) can win? It is not as if the elected P has strong executive powers.

Therefore isn't it better to directly promote TT, TKL or TCB?

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
As you've rightly pointed out, president has no power over defence and other policy matters. TKL started well enough on his actuarial and financial qualification which is good for presidential remit, but looks losing direction with policy issues meant for parliament and cabinet. I don't think he's that lost. I think he's just pandering to opposition supporters from the GE hangover. In the end, even if he wins, he can't deliver.

I think he tries too hard. In fact, he is better off in the General Election where the nature of his speeches make sense.

K

Kanetsugu Naoe

How can it be decided by LKY/PAP when it will be a clean election?

Sure sure.. yeah clean.. :rolleyes::biggrin:

Another offspring born out of myo539's smelly CB.. :biggrin: