• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Void your vote

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard some coffeeshop chit chat, that they will vote oppositon even the candidate is a planted mole.

This was the reason that they gave; Singaporeans who always complain that there is an absence of credible candidates in the opposition, have to stop chasing their own tail....around and around for decades.

There are very capable men and women out there who do not subscribe to the policies of the current ruling party in general. If we dont show balls and support for opposition, who will want to offer their services to their nation through alternative political approaches?

The final objective is to build a balanced and a more robust system for decisions and policy formulation in the interest of the country and citizens.

A robust system will be able to counter the flaws of individuals and political parties. As long as it is more robust than current, singaporeans will have taken a step and moved forward.:smile:

And say even if the current opposition candidates are not as ideal, but still it is better to place more checks in the current system.

There will be short and long term positive effects.

I am still thinking about what I heard.

And I WILL not spoil my vote for the future of the young ones in my family......provided if I am given a chance to vote:(

good thing u realised your folly - i always berate my frens who tell me they void their votes simply just becos they couldnt accept jokers to run their estates, but at the same time hating pap to the core. absolute terrible waste and achieving nothing. i always believe more votes for these jokers will entice the real talented ones to come out from slumber and ultimately come to replace these jokers. we really need to give the opposition some bite. pap with all its selfish policies will ruin the future for our kids.

cashman999

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would say thank goodness I am living in a democracy.

I gather you are a member of the opposition or an opposition supporter. With ethics like yours, it is very dangerous to vote for the opposition.

As you so amply shown.

you do not need to gather whether i m opposition or not. i m expressing my views hence my ethics is not in question. since your conclusion is voting for opp is dangerous - so be it. please tell all of sg to vote for pap then. thanking you from the bottom of my heart, as u have amply shown your basis for the spoilt vote.:smile:

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
you do not need to gather whether i m opposition or not. i m expressing my views hence my ethics is not in question. since your conclusion is voting for opp is dangerous - so be it. please tell all of sg to vote for pap then. thanking you from the bottom of my heart, as u have amply shown your basis for the spoilt vote.:smile:

Of course your motives are important.

Your comprehension matters too.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
VOTE for anything that stood against People's Action Party.

2rm9s2t.jpg

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
There appears to be many misconceptions and assumptions:

- the PAP must be kept in check by oppositions: the reality is that the PAP is kept in check by the General Elections

- the oppositions suffer personal loss to stand for elections: many opposition candidates do not suffer personal loss - Low Thia Kiang, Chiam See Tong to name two

- voting for the oppositions will encourage the growth of oppositions: it is also a possibility that it is the monetary incentives that encourage the growth of oppositions. But is the growth of oppositions a good thing? Yes, if they are credible. "Credibility" means different things to different people. So let's ask these questions: will it lead to a better life for Singaporeans? Will it lead to horse trading amongst the major parties? A study of the asian political scene may provide some guidance on the greater possibility. A study of the recent actions by the various singapore oppositions can be indicative. A study of the track records of the leading opposition parties already in Parliament, is predictive.

At the end of the day, for the impartial voter, it is always best to vote or not to vote, in accordance to your conscience.

jw5

Loyal
I disagree with the notion of voting any opposition.
If you happen to vote for someone who doesn't have the interests of Singapore at heart or ends up making a fool of himself in or out of parliament, the end result could be tainting the other opposition MPs and politicians who work hard and tirelessly for the benefit of their countrymen and making it even more difficult for new opposition members to make any inroads into making SG more democratic and balanced.
What causes the impression that lousy opposition MPs will result in better quality stepping forward? Don't see the link at all, in fact the reverse could happen.

Having said that, my personal "barrier of criteria eligibility" to vote for an opposition MP is pretty low. Estimate that out of every 10 candidates, will probably vote 8 opposition and 1 pappy, in the last case, will either void or take a short holiday overseas during election time.
The pappy will also need to prove that he or she can bring something "uniquely useful" to Singapore, and as we all know, most of them can't. :biggrin:

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aunties who vote PAP I respect. But those fence sitters encouraging others to do so by spoilt votes are like Ah nehs, Pinoys and Ah Tiongs in our midst.

jiakhongleow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Void votes mean votes going to the PAP, you idiot!

You votes for voices in gahment, even if Ah Pek, without quali but have RPL (recognition of prior learning) but that is at least with University of Hard Knock (UHK), to blance the seats in pariliment.

Anyone thinking of voiding your vote if they don't agreed with PAP and also don't think opposition candidate is capable to represent them?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
There isn't any Opposition candidate so bad that it warrants throwing your vote into the thrash bin, although for PAP candidates i can name a few.

peterpan777

Alfrescian
Loyal
VOTE for anything that stood against People's Action Party.

2rm9s2t.jpg

Will getting an oppostion dog into parliament will able to help the people?
Any PAP MP is able to get your ward get upgraded.
Use your brain, if opposition think like you, no wonder Singapore see no more opposition into parliament.

Last edited:

peterpan777

Alfrescian
Loyal
There isn't any Opposition candidate so bad that it warrants throwing your vote into the thrash bin, although for PAP candidates i can name a few.

If this is what Singaporean think, then, we should be seeing more opposition into the parliament. Is this happening?

peterpan777

Alfrescian
Loyal
Void votes mean votes going to the PAP, you idiot!

Winning is about numer.

A vote for PAP -> PAP +1
A vote for Oppostion -> Oppostion +1
Void -> PAP+0, Opposition +0.

Where got vote going to PAP?
Don't you know how to count? Need to go kindergarden to learn counting.
Whether you like it or not, from Singapore voting pattern, there is definite a group not convince that they should give the vote to the opposition candidate.
However, PAP has implemented many policy that make people feel that there is a need to tell them.
How you want them to vote? Give the vote to PAP, like all the while?
If the opposition cannot win their vote, why let PAP get their vote?
No wonder Singaporean cannot beat FT. Always think very straight. True or False. Yes or No. Don;t know to think out of the box.

peterpan777

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are not affected by any government policies too much, by all means void your vote.

If the opposition is incapable, can't see how the affected will become not affected? Is there any different? At least, I vote what I believe not blindly.
The fact will remain as this is how Singaporean votes for the past election.
And PAP knows very well, yet oppositon does not has an answer for this?

Last edited:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
spoil the vote all you want, next time no opposition come to your ward, and you don't like pap polocies, you deserve it,,,,,,,

spoil your votes,,,,,,,,,, go ahead,,,,,,,,

you are just another singaporean for now

I know of some who would rather spoil their vote instead of voting for either party. Thats making a mockery of the system and they feel very proud of it. No though spared for the repercussion. They should at least support the party/person brave enough to stand against the PAP.

peterpan777

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. Those void the vote meaning that they dont dare to make decision always hidding behind.
Please vote just 2 box only so hard o make decision to cross?

Did you come out and stand for election or still hidding behind and think they you can make the decision.
Decision is determine by majority vote count, please lah, a few will not make an impact unless may do likewise.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Winning is about numer.

A vote for PAP -> PAP +1
A vote for Oppostion -> Oppostion +1
Void -> PAP+0, Opposition +0.

Where got vote going to PAP?
Don't you know how to count? Need to go kindergarden to learn counting.
Whether you like it or not, from Singapore voting pattern, there is definite a group not convince that they should give the vote to the opposition candidate.
However, PAP has implemented many policy that make people feel that there is a need to tell them.
How you want them to vote? Give the vote to PAP, like all the while?
If the opposition cannot win their vote, why let PAP get their vote?
No wonder Singaporean cannot beat FT. Always think very straight. True or False. Yes or No. Don;t know to think out of the box.

I think what he meant to say is : when one spoils a vote, there is no valid opposition vote to cancel out a PAP vote. Hence, the PAP vote is alive and well.

peterpan777

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think what he meant to say is : when one spoils a vote, there is no valid opposition vote to cancel out a PAP vote. Hence, the PAP vote is alive and well.

I think you don't get the point here, Whether you like it or not, from Singapore voting pattern, there is definite a group not convince that they should give the vote to the opposition candidate. Instead of giving the vote to PAP to increase the gap, like we have been seeing all the while. Is there any other way?