• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vivian: $387 Million on YOG well spent. Do you agree?

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
The money was spent by his ministry, and it is most inappropriate for him to make such a comment and respresentation when there is a strong conflict of interest.

Either "checks and balances", governance has been totally ignored, or he got damn bloody thick hide and like to masterbate.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well spend or no I don't care. But with the initial budget done, any organisation should in-principle work within the budget.

Who paid for the excess and how they plan to return the $$$.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
There would not be any hoo-ha if from the start they announced it was $387million.

If they started out with 400million, no one will be raising any ruckus if the event goes below by 13million.

Everything starts because it went overbudget.

Intangible benefits. I believe it has its benefits.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
even the over budget debacle of games call commonwealth delhi is much better value than YOG. There was zero international coverage of YOG. No one care about youth sport. They only interested when they suceed in adult games.

It is really sad, that pap fall for swiss cheap sale. The only one who benefit are the swiss.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
even the over budget debacle of games call commonwealth delhi is much better value than YOG. There was zero international coverage of YOG. No one care about youth sport. They only interested when they suceed in adult games.

It is really sad, that pap fall for swiss cheap sale. The only one who benefit are the swiss.

Hosting the real olympics would be a no-no for Singapore. There will be more people objecting to spending over a billion for such major events.

Now what Singapore is doing by hosting F1, conventions, yog, etc is to try to put itself on the world map and ask everyone to come Singapore. Advertisement.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
no one know about YOG outside singapore.

Singapore is trying. Whether it has that effect, I am not sure because I am not in overseas to see its coverage. But the coverage was definitely extended to all the participants who came over SG.

Success or failure, I don't think it will stop SG from bidding for more of such events.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP DOG,

you need to improve your curry favor skills. look at clit666. at least he is funny at times. you cannot make it. kpi fail. no performance bonus for you this year ok :biggrin:

I agree. Clinton666 is the most faithful PAPee dog known to mankind. The way he spews vulgarities will make a AssAF Encik blush!

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore is trying. Whether it has that effect, I am not sure because I am not in overseas to see its coverage. QUOTE]

you do not need to be oversea to know that nobody know yog other than singapore. Look at the foreign news network on the web. There were nothing.

you are like the ostrich, just because you put your head in the ground and you can see nobody, you think nobody can see you.

do a search on the web, you will find out the answer, than i am not sure, because i am not oversea attitude. Chinese have a saying, frog in the well or mountain turtle.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fuck The Vivian spent nearly $400 get nothing. No new stadium/sport complex and so many people suffer from the inconvenient and some even worst by force slave.
If Vivian pay just 10% of the total over budget then he have the right to speak up or ask him keep quite and listen to others comment and critic.
Over spend tax payer money still yaya. No accountability.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just want to find out where all the money went. So far there is no real detail explanation of where all the mony went to. Only a very brief high level overview.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think a large part is to pay for athlete expenses, flights, allowances, shipping of equipments, cost of them to stay in village, provide f&b to them.
Another part is security where they need to pay the police and cisco. All for nothing.. not a whisper in foreign media, no one know what is YOG.