• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Videos: Building floor collapsed with 100 students: Indian Style in USA!

obama.bin.laden

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/1...texas-causes-floor-apartment-to-collapse.html

Massive college student party in Texas causes floor of apartment to collapse
By Travis Fedschun | Fox News

Apartment floor collapses during college party
Minor injuries reported after students fall through third floor, firefighters say too many people jumping at one time caused the collapse at the University of Texas.

A raucous party in an over-crowded apartment near a Texas college came to a crashing end early Sunday when the floor collapsed into the apartment below.

The harrowing scene at The Ridge at North Texas, near the University of North Texas in Denton, was captured on video from multiple angles and posted to social media.

Many who were at the party could be seen crawling over beams and plywood after the collapse.

All occupants were successfully evacuated and only minor injuries were reported.

— DENTON POLICE DEPT (@DENTONPD) November 12, 2017
Only minor injuries were reported, Denton Police said.

“I have nowhere to go. Everything I own is in there,” Carley Carroll, who lived in the second-floor apartment below the party, told FOX 4 News. “That's life threatening. If we were in our living room, we wouldn't have made it out because by what we've seen, it's just completely gone."

1510575618128.jpg

Damage visible from the outside after the floor collapsed at a North Texas apartment complex during a party. (FOX 4 News)

Carroll and her three roommates, all North Texas sophomores, were not home at the time. Instead, they were at the Denton Police Department making a noise complaint about the party.

Police told FOX 4 they believe there was 100 people at the party.

1510575653317.jpg

The apartment complex in Denton, Texas is sealed off after a floor collapsed at a college party. (FOX 4 News)

Carroll told the station she's called the cops on her upstairs neighbors’ parties before.

"We've called and said, 'It looks like the ceiling is going to cave in,' so I feel like with us saying that, there could've been more that was done," she said.

Related stories...
The floor collapse also caused water to spew from broken pipes into other apartments. The damage has affected 50 other residents at the complex.

The Ridge at North Texas lists itself online as "a student-only community located in Denton, Texas, which serves the students of the University of North Texas, Texas Woman's University, and North Central Texas College."

"A vast choice of amenities and its friendly staff create a worry-free environment that allows residents to focus on the most important thing - being a successful college student," according to the complex website.

Denton Police told FOX 4 they have received previous noise complaints, but people have mostly left the party by the time officers arrive.

Students affected by the collapse said the apartment management company and university have secured places for them to stay, mostly in hotels or dorms.

Trending in U.S.

obama.bin.laden

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...floor-collapses-homecoming-party-12351601.php

Video: Dramatic moment UNT apartment floor collapses during homecoming party captured on camera
Warning: There is graphic language in the video below.
By Heather Leighton

Updated 4:26 pm, Monday, November 13, 2017

WARNING: Graphic language used in the video above. Footage shows a University of North Texas party shows the floor caving in from the weight of the people jumping and dancing.

Media: Houston Chronicle

Warning: There is graphic language in the video above.

Several dramatic videos of the floor of a Texas apartment collapsing under the weight of a homecoming party have gone viral.

Students at the University of North Texas in Denton gathered at a third-floor apartment at The Ridge complex to celebrate homecoming, but the festivities quickly turned dramatic as the floor of the apartment gave way under the weight of the dozens of students gathered at the party around 1:45 a.m.

RANKED: These are the top 100 brands that millennials love

UNT students DeeJay Priestly, 22, and Davion Keys, 22, were among the party-goers. Priestly recalled the moment he saw Keys fall through the floor.

"I was right next to the floor where it collapsed," Priestly told Chron.com during a phone interview. "My partner was actually one of the ones who fell down and I saw him fall through the roof. One moment he was there, then he wasn't."

Photo: Carley Carroll
Image 1 of 4
Dramatic video shows a University of North Texas apartment caving in after a dance party caused the floor to give in. Carley Carroll was among the girls who lived in the apartment that the floor landed in.

Image 1 of 4
Dramatic video shows a University of North Texas apartment caving in after a dance party caused the floor to give in. Carley Carroll was among the girls who lived in the apartment that the floor landed in.

Keys, who walked away from the accident with minor cuts on his elbows, told Chron.com, "I was lucky to have no injuries, but I fell on numerous people. Immediately the water pipes were busted and water was coming from all over the place. I remember being in midair falling and I crawled my way to flat ground and went out the back window."

The pair, who heard about the party through social media and didn't even know the homeowners, were able to reconnect with each other after the emergency authorities came to the scene.

Dozens of other videos shared on social media shows the moment the floor gave in due to the weight of the party-goers.

I REALLY WARNED YALL I SWEAR, I was so close man. #UNTHC2k17 pic.twitter.com/a0Sxh7ISgR

— peaches (@ja_rene_) November 12, 2017
Look like a bomb went off pic.twitter.com/OzkyqEnfLj

— Elroy Jetson (@JosephAniekwe) November 12, 2017
Authorities told Fox 4 that six people were treated at the scene, but no one was taken to the hospital. Due to the extensive flooding that was caused by the pipes breaking as the floor fell down, about 50 residents will be displaced, the station reported.

ODD COUPLE: Mother marries son, then daughter, now pleads guilty to incest

The residents of the apartment the floor fell into were not home at the time of the incident, but they have started a GoFundMe account to raise money to replace the furniture and personal items that were destroyed in the accident.

According to the GoFundMe account, the girls who lived in the apartment reported their neighbor's parties "multiple times" and they "feared that the ceiling wouldn't hold up."

The Chron.com team has reached out to the second-floor residents for comment, but haven't heard back as of publication. When we do, we will update this story.

Heather Leighton is a digital reporter at Chron.com. She considers herself as a Jack(ie) of all trades and covers various topics from entertainment to politics. You can read more of her stories here and follow her on Twitter at @loveheathernoel.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Serves them right for behaving like idiots and disturbing the peace.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like they use cheap flooring boards!?? Wonder what was the standard for these wooden board floors?. How many kN/m2??