• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Video] - Subway trains in China vs America

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Jacky Jackson

Jacky Jackson

6 days ago
The most important thing you didn't (and can't) show is the scary feeling taking the subway in the US at night, when there're not too many passengers around. When I was studying and living there I made sure I didn't go to an empty wagon, didn't make eye contact if possible, didn't get too close to those homeless....oh, also shouldn't step too close to the edge when waiting for the train (as there're cases people got pushed for whatever reason). It's hard to understand a country so rich and advanced will have something like this.
Show less

Living in China

View 27 replies

Walid

Walid

6 days ago
I went to New York in 2015. I went into the subway system but the most shocking part was not the visuals. It was the smell. I really wanted to go back to Canada right away.

Living in China

View 31 replies

shutup51916

shutup51916

6 days ago
I have been to NYC several times myself (Canadian here), I can assure you that's real. I didn't go to that station in your video, however, every station I had been to was pretty much the same. I hung out at Time Squar/5th Ave areas most of the time. Oh the stations were like dungeons, scary and filthy. Even inside the trains, graffiti and broken glasses etc. It was truly an experience that you didn't really want to have. I suppose one could say that China's train systems are newer than NYC. But that still doesn't give them an excuse to be so filthy. Japan has some old train lines but they were nice and clean as well.
Read more

Living in China

View 27 replies

AbelMalcolm

AbelMalcolm

6 days ago
I used to live in Chicago, and we were told that we were lucky to have a train & bus transportation system that crisscrossed the whole city. Chicago is one of the few cities in America where buying a car is optional, because the whole city is accessible by public transportation. But their buses and their trains are slow as Hell, taking more than 2 hours to arrive at your destination is considered good, even though you could reach there in under 30 minutes if you travel by car. The trains are so noisy that it is impossible to talk or hear any conversations. And the trains are dangerous, a friend of mine died after falling off the train as it was moving with the door stuck open. Yes, the ambulances showed up, made a flashy scene and all, some passengers even laughed at the whole situation. On another day, I witnessed a passenger who looked like he was sleeping, and a group of gangsters were emptying out his pockets. So I walked up to them, I didn't know if he was really sleeping or they had knocked him out, either way, I tried to do something about it, as the train reached to a stop, as soon as the doors opened, the gangs shoved me out of the train, which happened to be my stop. And then all that graffiti, the scribbling marks all over the walls and stuff, they actually mean something. Gangs fight among themselves for specific territories. A particular gang grafitti indicates a particular gang, and anyone who tries to remove that grafitti is risking their life. Someone I knew, an immigrant, who owned a grocery store, erased a grafitti on his store wall, and refused to hand over his profits to the neighborhood gang, and even reported the gang to the Police. The Police did nothing, his grocery store was burned to the ground, and he just felt lucky that they didn't kill him.
Show less

Living in China

View 19 replies

The Quantum Alchemist

The Quantum Alchemist

6 days ago
Man that was really bad... I lived in Berlin for 16 years and without a doubt, Berlin has the worst underground stations in the whole country... However, even the most rundown Berlin station I saw was nothing compared to this... This is just 100% dystopia... It´s literaly like a station in the 3rd world, literaly. And any station in Berlin, no matter how bad it is, looks like a nice, welcome place compared to that station in New York lol... And trust me i´ve also been in areas like "Bodinstrasse" in Berlin, trust me I have already seen the worst Berlin has to offer... and it´s still a lot better then that NY station.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Chambers Street IRT is the winner of the worst subway station of NYC so it’s not a fair comparison. Having said that, it’s amazing it can be left in such a state and still operating.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
US will not spend unnecessarily if it still works.
Some of the radars at their airports are decades old.
Just like Boeing 737 computer chips., if it still works, they won't change it.