• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Video: Struggle of a 76-yr-old Singaporean Street Scavenger

Royalblood

Alfrescian
Loyal
The typical Sinkie trait rears it's ugly head once again. There are simply too many Chow Ah Bengs who are incapable of carrying out a debate without resorting to profanities to try to win an argument. :rolleyes:

The reason why taxes should not be used to assist destitutes is simple. If such a scheme was introduced, there would suddenly be a flood of self declared destitutes cashing in on the generosity of the taxpayer.

It happens all the time in welfare states. In NZ, there is freakin' family who is receiving NZD1000 a WEEK. They have not done a decent days work for the last 15 years!!!!! Why should they? If the govt gave me $4000 pm, I'd be living the life of Riley too!:p

Fuck you once again chao cheebye! This is just a fucking online forum, not some kind of debate competition. Stop being a wanker and get a life will you?:rolleyes:

Face it man! Freeloaders are here to stay, with Social security or without. Yes, there is no doubt that with the implementation of a social security system here, the number of freeloaders will increase. But what about the genuine cases!? Let them die just because of these fucking freeloaders? Do these freeloaders constitute the majority of the population such that their claim on welfare will bankrupt the whole country? Before condemning the Social security system, perhaps a cost-benefit analysis should be taken out. Singaporeans in the middle class onwards are all relatively well off, surely it wouldn't hurt them much to contribute a little right. It's not like this burden should be entirely shouldered upon by the citizens; the government should contribute too by reducing the size of their SWF and their multi-million dollars pay!

We don't have to shell out a few thousand dollars on each of these welfare seekers. The level of payout should be pegged according to the cost of living in Singapore. There should also be some kind of interview, asset test or income test to be fulfilled before the welfare cheques are paid out. Or if you are so scared that those welfare seekers are mostly freeloaders, can always offer goods in kind instead! Tiu!:oIo:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
But what about the genuine cases!? Let them die just because of these fucking freeloaders?

I didn't say they should be left to die. I said their family should take care of them. You're not just a stinking Ah Beng, you're a moron too. :wink:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Low taxes is a misnomer. You only pay low taxes if you want to live like a peasant (i.e. without being able to indulge in any luxuries).

I'm sure that most people will agree that wellbeing of ones own flesh and blood is more important than luxury goods.

People need to start saving for the future from the day they earn their very first $. Instead, they blow their money buying mobile phones, branded goods, xboxes and playstations. They eat out instead of at home. They rent or buy DVDs instead of just settling down with a good book. The end result is that they don't know when to use "advice" and "advise".:rolleyes:

I saved more than half my salary when I first started work and I wasn't earning millions. I had $650 left after a CPF deduction of more than 20%! I could easily have spent it all. Instead, I kept overheads to a minimum by cooking my own food, eating sandwiches for lunch at the office and taking a bus instead of a car loan.

After 10 years of working life, I had more than enough money to care for both my parents regardless of what happened to them.

kingat33

Alfrescian
Loyal
leongsam, seems to me social security system actually exists in singapore but only applies to certain group of people who self-serve themselves to millions or billions of so called salary and heard even pension as well. Shame on these people who abuses the system too! And another thing sam, dun discriminate pensioners in Oz as they are entitled to live a carefree life after working and contributing pretty much of their life to the society and they deserve to retire comfortably with access to social security benefits. And finally, dun be a public servant if the objective of serving is not the people but the dollar. One shall not serve two masters!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
leongsam, seems to me social security system actually exists in singapore but only applies to certain group of people who self-serve themselves to millions or billions of so called salary and heard even pension as well. Shame on these people who abuses the system too! And another thing sam, dun discriminate pensioners in Oz as they are entitled to live a carefree life after working and contributing pretty much of their life to the society and they deserve to retire comfortably with access to social security benefits. And finally, dun be a public servant if the objective of serving is not the people but the dollar. One shall not serve two masters!

The people you refer to may be highly paid but you have to realise that for every million they earn, they generate billiions for the country. Without them, Singapore would probably have been overrun by its neighbours a long time ago and and all the Tans in Singapore would have to change their names to "Tantono".

Paying them well is not welfare, it's a sound investment in the long term future of Singapore.

kingat33

Alfrescian
Loyal
sam is china or even australia in shambles cos the govt are not highly paid? Abuse of system is abuse of system, no two word about it. Just face it sam, they dun worth that much consider the fact that singapore is one of the first if not the first asian country to plunge into recession. Yeah, the next thing u gonna tell me is that the economy is pretty much export driven esp to the US. Well since the economy is so closely pegged to the US, then peg their wages according to the US govt and stop inflating their worth cos it ain't much!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
sam is china or even australia in shambles cos the govt are not highly paid? Abuse of system is abuse of system, no two word about it. Just face it sam, they dun worth that much consider the fact that singapore is one of the first if not the first asian country to plunge into recession. Yeah, the next thing u gonna tell me is that the economy is pretty much export driven esp to the US. Well since the economy is so closely pegged to the US, then peg their wages according to the US govt and stop inflating their worth cos it ain't much!

It takes a lot more skill to lead Singapore. China is huge with an almost limitless supply of cheap labour to keep the economy going. Australia has its mineral wealth. Singapore has NOTHING.. no natural resources, no hinterland and very limited space.

To make things worse, the govt has to carefully manage a potentially explosive racial and religious mix.

Only the very talented have what it takes to helm this unique country. In my opinion, they deserve a lot more than what they get.

SR Nathan

Alfrescian
Loyal
And I certainly deserve my millions doing absolutely precious little.:biggrin:

:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

It takes a lot more skill to lead Singapore. China is huge with an almost limitless supply of cheap labour to keep the economy going. Australia has its mineral wealth. Singapore has NOTHING.. no natural resources, no hinterland and very limited space.

To make things worse, the govt has to carefully manage a potentially explosive racial and religious mix.

Only the very talented have what it takes to helm this unique country. In my opinion, they deserve a lot more than what they get.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
And I certainly deserve my millions doing absolutely precious little.:biggrin:

You're too humble. The whole country fully appreciates that you provide the necessary checks and balances that prevent any abuses of power by the govt. You're also directly responsible for the security of hundreds of billions of dollars of the nation's reserves.

You're worth every penny you earn. Not many can carry the responsibilities that you are burdened with while maintaining your independence. Keep up the good work. :smile:

kingat33

Alfrescian
Loyal
geez sam, this is the first time I've heard that a person who operates a small provision shop should be paid much more than a CEO of an MNC. I rest my case sam cos u r truly a twister, rock and roll mate. Consider joining u think u can dance sam?

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
What the fuck is the harm of paying just a little bit more taxes to make sure that these elderly people can live the last few remaining years of their lives in comfort and dignity!?

Once a gain FUCK YOU SAM LEONG! :oIo:

hi bro,

just up your pts for rightfully fucking that chee bye sam..:biggrin:

to chee bye sam : :oIo::oIo::oIo: fuck u!

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
BIG NEWS: AFP News VIDEO Report On S'pore Old Destitute Abandoned By GARMENT

SHAMEFUL! Now the world at large knows. Million dollar salaries for Ministars, no healthcare benefits for the old and jobless.

AFP Video: 76 year old destitute Singapore woman
This is an AFP video about a 76 year old Singapore street scavenger who became destitute after paying for her late husband’s medical bills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwmVcb9cyFA

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GwmVcb9cyFA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Last edited:

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're too humble. The whole country fully appreciates that you provide the necessary checks and balances that prevent any abuses of power by the govt. You're also directly responsible for the security of hundreds of billions of dollars of the nation's reserves.

You're worth every penny you earn. Not many can carry the responsibilities that you are burdened with while maintaining your independence. Keep up the good work. :smile:

哪被曹鸡拜 sam ah leong, u urself chao ah beng call people ah beng, knn moron!:oIo: that poor old lady should help by million $ garhment, cannot just simply throw the responsiblity to her uncle aunty relative her house ant lizard to support her! jiby kia 歪种!PUI!!!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
that poor old lady should help by million $ garhment, cannot just simply throw the responsiblity to her uncle aunty relative her

If you're so concerned, there is nothing to stop you helping her instead of wasting your time talking cock in this forum.

Shoo! Go and do something constructive instead of bitching like girl. :p

It would be nice if the govt could help but they have much more important things to do than to worry about destitutes that have been abandoned by their own families.

If I was the govt, I'd punish the families of all the destitutes by confiscating their belongings and locking them up for a spell. That would teach them to abandon their own.:rolleyes:

Ripley

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: BIG NEWS: AFP News VIDEO Report On S'pore Old Destitute Abandoned By GARMENT

SHAMEFUL! Now the world at large knows. Million dollar salaries for Ministars, no healthcare benefits for the old and jobless.

AFP Video: 76 year old destitute Singapore woman
This is an AFP video about a 76 year old Singapore street scavenger who became destitute after paying for her late husband’s medical bills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwmVcb9cyFA

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GwmVcb9cyFA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

Anyone knows the exact location of this ah ma?

SR Nathan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you Sam. If you're ever in town, it'll be my pleasure to have you drop by.

But I'm sorry to inform you that I don't provide the necessary checks and balances that prevent any abuses of power by the current government.

Nor am I directly responsible for the security of the hundreds of billions of dollars of the nation's reserves. You see Sam, the 'second key' has a very simple combination, and I'm not allowed to change it by my master, Ali, the Baba.

The combination is: O-P-E-N-S-E-S-A-M-E ..... and I hear it's an oft used combination in Geylang.:eek:

:oIo::oIo:

Royalblood

Alfrescian
Loyal
I didn't say they should be left to die. I said their family should take care of them. You're not just a stinking Ah Beng, you're a moron too. :wink:

Ohhhh....is that all you can come up with leongsam!? I use profanities on you because you are the fucker of the millenium! :oIo:

If they have family or their family willing to take care of them, they won't be out on the street doing all these right!? knnccb you subjectivity is not going to help put food on their table.

You truly deserve to be fucked and therefore: FUCK YOU MOFO! :oIo:

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm sure that most people will agree that wellbeing of ones own flesh and blood is more important than luxury goods.

Now you are painting yourself into a corner. Just how many degrees of relations do you need to be responsible for? Are you suggesting we follow the model of ancient China, where if you commit a crime, your relations of up to nine degrees of separation are implicated as well?

I draw the line at parents and up the family tree. Branches can't be considered because you don't really exert any influence on them and vice versa.

Lastly, if the state does not wish to claim responsibility for looking after the elderly, I don't see why I should be contributing towards the pensions of the ministers. They can jolly well go and pick up aluminium cans if they haven't earned enough by then.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ohhhh....is that all you can come up with leongsam!? I use profanities on you because you are the fucker of the millenium!

YOu got 60 years as head start. YOu reap what you sow.
For the granny in the picture .

SEems like she danced her life away when she was young !

angie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nor am I directly responsible for the security of the hundreds of billions of dollars of the nation's reserves. You see Sam, the 'second key' has a very simple combination, and I'm not allowed to change it by my master, Ali, the Baba.

e33f9.jpg

"Apa ini? How much roti we have left? No idea man. My master didn't say.
He needed the roti, so i gave him the key. We are all puppets to serve the master only."

Last edited: