• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Video] - ST John Lui says Ah Girl Goes Army is "as funny as a +ve Covid test result"

bigbadbeR

Alfrescian
Loyal
The day I give ST journalists credibility is the day when I give away all my money to South Asian scammers

This boomer just wanna jump on the bandwagon by trying to be one of the woke and ultra sensitive libtards.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lol... this John Lui is finally useful for once.

"This (movie) makes as much sense as spreading jam on the outside of the bread"

"Its as funny as a positive COVID test"

"Its really bad product placements from the sponsors"

"It's really offensive to the audience"

"I will never call it lazy because it takes effort to be this terrible"

"Why do you as a movie have to make fun of overweight women? Why do you have to make of women with mental health issues?"

"If you dislike women so much, why do you have to make an entire movie about them?"

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/e...in-king-richard-ah-girls-go-army-fires-blanks

Ah Girls Go Army (rating TBC)​

Ah%20Girls%20Go%20Army%203%20%281%29.jpg

Still from the movie Ah Girls Go Army. PHOTO: MM2 ENTERTAINMENT
120 minutes, opens on Feb 1
2 stars

There are a few things this military comedy gets right, but what it gets wrong, it gets terribly wrong, cancelling out any goodwill it earns.
Being harsh with a Jack Neo Chinese New Year comedy, especially one centred on national service, feels like a Grinch-like thing to do, especially when his comedies are genres unto themselves. They are skits stitched together with dad jokes and low-effort puns, punctuated with cameos and call-outs.
They ask that viewers surrender to its knowing awfulness and pantomimed theatrics. There is only so much that can be said about the absence of wit or structure before it becomes the flogging of a dead horse.
What can be talked about, however, is Neo's genuine love of military life, perhaps because army camps provide the perfect workplace comedy set-up. Characters who would never otherwise be friends are forced to interact.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can clearly say no material is underneath the cinematic master Jack Neo

- Ah dogs go to army
- Ah pigs go to army
- Ah ma go to army
- Ah gong go to army
Alas this is the sinkie coolie genetics in full glory - lack of soul, culture and creativity even after 30 years of prosperity

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just a cheap flick of a comedy movie cashing on the CNY festive season. How many more times is he going to flog this SAF army-themed dead horse? Yawn.
I'd rather watch old clips of the 3 Stooges or Benny Hill on You Tube and get properly amused. :rolleyes:

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
The day I give ST journalists credibility is the day when I give away all my money to South Asian scammers

This boomer just wanna jump on the bandwagon by trying to be one of the woke and ultra sensitive libtards.
Wa this Hedy Khoo really turn from a chiobu to a round aunty in so short a time.

Attachments

• A26BA349-D7A6-4329-9768-0FB36C2E0349.png
    A26BA349-D7A6-4329-9768-0FB36C2E0349.png
    486.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 8319A8EE-3818-44D3-B1A0-51FC6B51AD0C.jpeg
    8319A8EE-3818-44D3-B1A0-51FC6B51AD0C.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 80