• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Video] - Medical doctor of 30 years wants to make a difference by doing things differently

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Having spent almost 28 years in Medicine, i have come to the following conclusions: I believe that the healthcare industry rarely ever provides healthcare. Instead it provides disease management by using expensive and potentially harmful pills to mask symptoms Secondly I believe people come to see doctors to be engaged, educated and empowered rather than being given a set of pills before being shown the door. I think lifestyle management is perhaps the single most effective therapy in medicine and yet largely ignored because it is boring and not as profitable as promoting the newest and often most expensive tablet. I do believe that high quality reliable jargon-free information about health should be available at no cost to everyone in the world. Unfortunately many people rely on google to answer their questions and are often left confused and anxious because of the unreliability and variability of the quality of information I think the media, the pharmaceutical industry and often the healthcare industry profit by promoting fear rather tan providing reassurance and empathy I want to do things differently. I want to use the power of the internet to provide everyone with a high quality reliable and evidence based resource for medical information. I want to impart knowledge in an empathic and reassuring manner. I want to empower patients to take control of their health by addressing their lifestyles and preventing disease from happening in the first instance. Most of all, i want people to stop being fearful and anxious about their health by getting them to focus on improving their quality of lives and living fearlessly.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats because healthy lifestyle is boring,
Unless of course you do strenuous outdoor activities to get high instead of getting high artificially by booze or stimulants.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Having spent almost 28 years in Medicine, i have come to the following conclusions: I believe that the healthcare industry rarely ever provides healthcare. Instead it provides disease management by using expensive and potentially harmful pills to mask symptoms Secondly I believe people come to see doctors to be engaged, educated and empowered rather than being given a set of pills before being shown the door. I think lifestyle management is perhaps the single most effective therapy in medicine and yet largely ignored because it is boring and not as profitable as promoting the newest and often most expensive tablet. I do believe that high quality reliable jargon-free information about health should be available at no cost to everyone in the world. Unfortunately many people rely on google to answer their questions and are often left confused and anxious because of the unreliability and variability of the quality of information I think the media, the pharmaceutical industry and often the healthcare industry profit by promoting fear rather tan providing reassurance and empathy I want to do things differently. I want to use the power of the internet to provide everyone with a high quality reliable and evidence based resource for medical information. I want to impart knowledge in an empathic and reassuring manner. I want to empower patients to take control of their health by addressing their lifestyles and preventing disease from happening in the first instance. Most of all, i want people to stop being fearful and anxious about their health by getting them to focus on improving their quality of lives and living fearlessly.
He should also write "I know that 99% of the patients who agree with what I have written also want to pay a grand sum of $0 for my services"

Meaning either he doea it for free or he charges the 1% obscenely high fees and sells them natural products at inflated prices to make a living.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
He should also write "I know that 99% of the patients who agree with what I have written also want to pay a grand sum of $0 for my services"

Meaning either he doea it for free or he charges the 1% obscenely high fees and sells them natural products at inflated prices to make a living.
:eek:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

When I had a bout of insomnia a few years ago I went to see the doc and he prescribed sleeping pills. He also said don't take them for more than 3 weeks.

After a week they no longer worked.

I went back to him and told him this lack of sleep is stressing me out. He prescribed Lorezepam for "anxiety".

I decided to google and came across some calming music along with some tips on how to meditate.

A week later I was sleeping like a baby and have been ever since.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I watch Tiktok and learnt from a TCM lady to press 100 times behind my ears. About 1-2 cm horizontally away from bottom of each ear.

Must press a bit harder. It works and sleep well 8 hrs and no dream....

When I had a bout of insomnia a few years ago I went to see the doc and he prescribed sleeping pills. He also said don't take them for more than 3 weeks.

After a week they no longer worked.

I went back to him and told him this lack of sleep is stressing me out. He prescribed Lorezepam for "anxiety".

I decided to google and came across some calming music along with some tips on how to meditate.

A week later I was sleeping like a baby and have been ever since.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I watch Tiktok and learnt from a TCM lady to press 100 times behind my ears. About 1-2 cm horizontally away from bottom of each ear.

Must press a bit harder. It works and sleep well 8 hrs and no dream....

Please provide link to the video.