• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Very sad news on Xin Ming today...

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
very sad... My heart goes to her family and everyone connected to her... So sad

无言到面前
与君分杯水
清中有浓意
流出心底醉
不论冤或缘
默说蝴蝶梦
还你此生此世
今世前世
双双飞过万世千生去 :(:(

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
So sad. She survived a previous suicide by slashing her wrists. Recovering while making an offering to her late husband. RIP.

light a candle for her.
The lady who die for love.
guafu091223.jpg

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
20100705.201022_news.jpg

Less than a year after her husband died on their wedding night, a widow was found dead at the block in an apparent suicide, Shin Min Daily News reported.

Ms Kerin Peh, 27, was believed to have jumped to her death from her Hougang Street 51 flat at about 2 am this morning.

Her husband Vernon Leong, mysteriously fell to his death at the Hilton Hotel on the night of their wedding last November.

Ms Peh's death occurred only 35 weeks after her husband died.

According to the Chinese daily, Ms Peh had previously tried to kill herself by slashing her wrists.

Shin Min also reported Ms Peh's neighbours as having heard the widow crying on the night of her death. Those who spoke to the Chinese newspaper said that the crying disturbed residents from sleep but stopped about 15 minutes before her death.

The Chinese daily also understood that Ms Peh's parents have always took turns looking after the widow and were afraid that she would take her own life.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CCTV show Mr Leong panic and trying to open de exit door frm floor to floor...He mus hab exhausted all means of escape b4 doing sumting dangerous like climbing a balcony...

All emergency mus be able to open at grd floor and rooftop...But in reality dis wasn't the case... I was not de oni 1 ever get trap in 1 way door exit stairs......

is hilton security sleeping, they dun watch CCTV, someone keep trying to open door?

you are trying to tell me that the emergency exit and ground floor does not work? this is against the law, can sue the hotel.

some emergency exit door have a small switch on the left, which you can switch, then you can open both side. in case of fire, you should switch that or but something to let it open a bit.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
is hilton security sleeping, they dun watch CCTV, someone keep trying to open door?

you are trying to tell me that the emergency exit and ground floor does not work? this is against the law, can sue the hotel.

some emergency exit door have a small switch on the left, which you can switch, then you can open both side. in case of fire, you should switch that or but something to let it open a bit.

Nobody noe wat realli happen...

http://www.wayangtimes.com/groom-vernon-leong-fall-from-hilton-hotel-on-cctv.html

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Life is just too precious to give up this way. Husband has already passed away, I have read in the papers (Sin Min) that she has made a vow of not remarrying after the the husband passed away, and now this.

My views, to some or even all will sound unkind here, but I personally feel, what is the point here, the vows, and now suicide.

As I would always tell my beloved one, in the event, I am gone, please go ahead and look for another partner, remarry, if you must. no need to weep, stay sad or feel beholden to the relationship, for I am already gone. Memories may linger on, but life is to be live for the present, not in the past.

I feel sad, not for Miss Peh, but for her parents, that they even have to go to the extend to look after her afraid that she will take her own life, which she finally did. I am sure this is a big tragedy, for her parents will now be blaming themselves or each other for not keeping a close watch on her.

Frankly I do not understand, whether, the son or daughter, at this age, still must make one's parent worry for them, for they too, are already old......

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
patience.

you see, the groom missing, someone will look for him, all he need to do is sit tight. shout for help.

not cool.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think it was reported previously Mr Leong smoke but she didn't like it... Perhaps she is taking full responsibility for her husband death...Of course being an outsider...we tend 2 6 at things in a rational angle...but seriously...i think it's beyond what she can control...

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think it was reported previously Mr Leong smoke but she didn't like it... Perhaps she is taking full responsibility for her husband death...Of course being an outsider...we tend 2 6 at things in a rational angle...but seriously...i think it's beyond what she can control...

of course she dun like it. ok, maybe she tell him not to smoke in the hotel room, but that is not her fault for him to lock himself out at emergency exit. He could have gone to proper smoking area. It is not her fault in any way.
even if he lock out, he can remain calm and wait for help.

fengshuisifu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Condolences to their families...RIP...
Hope their friends, families can rally their support...
Wish them well!

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
of course she dun like it. ok, maybe she tell him not to smoke in the hotel room, but that is not her fault for him to lock himself out at emergency exit. He could have gone to proper smoking area. It is not her fault in any way.
even if he lock out, he can remain calm and wait for help.

Perhaps she suffer some sort of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder...:(:(

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Perhaps she suffer some sort of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder...:(:(

she cannot take the pain of losing love ones.
she attempt suicide before, and said she will never marry again, these are sign that she cannot accept the tragic outcome on her wedding day.

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think he left the rm 4 a quick smoke in the stairway. Couldn't get bk in coz it's 1 way fire door. Try few floor no luck... they r all 1 way door. Eventually try climbing a balconly...din make it n fall to his death...:(

I was once caught in dis 1 way door shit n i assure u the exp ish far frm pleasant...

Went to sis in law orpid 2 do some work...decide 2 use de stairs coz lift is hog up by some tenant shifting...few floor frm grd i try 2 open the stairway door but unable to...got a shock when i reached grd floor... it's pad lock!! End up calling sil to help open de stairway door frm outside...

She told me her staff kena many time leow...Grd floor by right shd not b pad lock but after security caught some unauthorised entry via stairway, bldg mgmt decided to pad lock it. I ask her lidat fire how? She say where got so many fire 1...:eek::rolleyes::biggrin:

Very common to get locked out(or should that be 'locked in?') when you use fire exits and/or staircase to get a quick smoke. Singapore building management very kiasu and cock-eyed. I can tell you, if there is a big fire some day, due to the same stupid, kiasu, and cock-head building management, it will be a real disaster with many casualties. Because many fire escapes are padlocked.

I have lost count how many times I have been locked in in staircases/fire escapes. I just was lucky I did not think of some stupid stunt to try, such as climbing out.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
if there is a big fire some day, due to the same stupid, kiasu, and cock-head building management, it will be a real disaster with many casualties. Because many fire escapes are padlocked.

When i took over de mgmt of my orpid bldg few yrs bk...de rear fire exit stairway door is key lock type...best part ish...i couldn't find de key in de key press at all...it will b a disaster in an emergency...i quickly chg it to those "1 way, push button to lock, turn knob to unlock type frm inside". Ebery once a while, i will chk n make sure it's working fine...