• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vegetarian MY FOOT! More than 50% had MEAT MIXED WITHIN!!!!

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
They love to eat vegemeat, find it very delicious, why tell them the truth.

peoples search for the truth, but feel disillusioned by the truth then wish that they had never known the truth in the first place.

IMO, should have let them kept on enjoying the vegemeat.

Let me put it this way to see whether I can convince you.

Imagine a giant hand that, for no reason, keeps on hitting you. One day, someone comes to you with an alternative. What if, he creates a fake you (which is macham like mock meat) so that the giant hand can hit that fake you and not the real you.

Will you reject it cos it is not the same as stopping the giant hand from hitting you? Does it matter more to the giant hand or to you?

Similarly, there are people who wants to stop eating meat but need mock meat to help them. To people like you, these people are hypocrites who crave the taste of meat but do you think, to the animals, does it make a whole lot of sense?

The world is not always black and white. Sometimes, grey is good enough while we move towards white. If we demand all vegetarians wannabes to start by eating only greens from day one, it makes an uphill task even more difficult.

Baby steps, my friend, baby steps.

wanker10

Alfrescian
Loyal
Article about a monk bashing chinese vegeterian food.

http://dharmafolk.wordpress.com/2009...inese-cooking/

I always used to think Chinese were good cooks – and they may be, at least as far as ordinary food is concerned. But when it comes to vegetarian cooking they are hopeless. All Chinese monks and nuns are strictly vegetarian as are many more serious lay people and many nominal Chinese Buddhists will eat vegetarian food on special religious days. But if you are expecting a fresh bright salad, a tasty veggie pie or baked stuffed tomatoes you will be very disappointed. Chinese vegetarian cooking consists of vegetables that have been boiled to oblivion, rubbery dried mushrooms, oodles of oil, tons of MSG and strangest of all, soya bean paste that has been prepared to look like meat. It is quite amazing how realistic they are able to make what they call ‘mock’ fried chicken, ‘mock’ shrimps, ‘mock’ sliced duck and ‘mock’ abalone. But while it all looks just like the real thing it is tasteless (and hence all the MSG). It also points to a rather strange attitude to vegetarianism. Why decide not to eat meat and then dress up all your food so that it look like meat? I used to joke to my friends that if I ever disrobed I was going to start a restaurant where all the food was made of meat but prepared so as to look like vegetables.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm not condoning disguising meat as vege food; I think it's downright criminal to do that. However, I think that professing vegetarians should eat vegetables, not resorting to vege food tasting like meat. I think that there's no such thing as a part-time vegetarian (eating meat only a few times a month), just like there's no such thing as a part-time meatarian (eating vege only a few times a month). In both cases, both are still omnivorous, eating both meat and vege.

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually this should be good for those who take 100% veg food? the foreign ingrediants supplements those nutriants needed by the body but not available from the veg.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not condoning disguising meat as vege food; I think it's downright criminal to do that. However, I think that professing vegetarians should eat vegetables, not resorting to vege food tasting like meat. I think that there's no such thing as a part-time vegetarian (eating meat only a few times a month), just like there's no such thing as a part-time meatarian (eating vege only a few times a month). In both cases, both are still omnivorous, eating both meat and vege.

Your first half of the paragraph does not gel with the second half. After a lifetime of eating meat, some vegetarians need help to turn vegetarian by eating mock meat. What's so wrong about that?

Let me cite another example to try to convince you. Let's say a man (A) has problem walking and he lies down everyday. So pple scolds him for being lazy. Then another person (B) with walking problem came over and suggest A uses the help of a clutch. So A uses a clutch to move about daily.

Do you 1. scold A for using a clutch when he can jolly well walk, although with difficulties or
2. praise A for trying by at least using a clutch?

Like I say, baby steps. Do not be so quick to condemn and judge. People are trying their best leow and the vegetarians are not harassing the non vegetarians to turn vegetarian.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Your first half of the paragraph does not gel with the second half. After a lifetime of eating meat, some vegetarians need help to turn vegetarian by eating mock meat. What's so wrong about that?

Let me cite another example to try to convince you. Let's say a man (A) has problem walking and he lies down everyday. So pple scolds him for being lazy. Then another person (B) with walking problem came over and suggest A uses the help of a clutch. So A uses a clutch to move about daily.

Do you 1. scold A for using a clutch when he can jolly well walk, although with difficulties or
2. praise A for trying by at least using a clutch?

Like I say, baby steps. Do not be so quick to condemn and judge. People are trying their best leow and the vegetarians are not harassing the non vegetarians to turn vegetarian.

not a very good example , (A) man do have problem walking ..thats why he have no choice but to use the walking stick .when comes to food , all human being have a choice he still can be omnivorous but he rather chose to be a vegetarain ..yet he want his food to look or taste like meat . its like telling the world , " i use a sotong to masterbate to have that CB feeling" :wink:.

theres no such thing as "baby step " . do hardcore junkie need marijuna to kick off his cocain habbit ? let me tell you, alot of people who are vegetarians for 20 over years still go for that mock chicken . its either you quit or no , theres no such thing as baby step ? in drug rehabiliation centre . do you expect the prison warden to feed small amount of drug to those addicts to help them forget their cold turkey ?the word " baby step" is just a very useful excuse WORD for alot of people . determination is the word and not baby step ..you have to bite the bullet ..

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Point taken and rest assured, mine's just an opinion, not a judgment and far be it from condemnation. :wink:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A full meat-eater that need to killed an animal in order to feed the blood thirsty stomach is bad.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
actually this should be good for those who take 100% veg food? the foreign ingrediants supplements those nutriants needed by the body but not available from the veg.

People become vegetarian for many reasons. Some for health some for environment, some for compassion for animals, religion... blar blar blar.

A real vegetarian will not regard meat as food. and meat is , fyi, is super dirty unhealthy and inedible.

So those meat eaters with their gospel of truth regarding meat, will not understand the mindset of vegetarians unless they become one themselves.
It is just like a virgin teaching you how it feels to get fuck.

Meat, is just like plastic , wood, are uneatable.

For those who are compassionate to animals, a vegetarian will see that the person eating it is the direct cause of daily killings of the millions of animals in the slaugterhouses.

This can be prevented if the diet is changed and a human has the ability to do so. Those who dun do it and dun care to do it and in the eyes of the vegetarian, anyway , you know how it feels.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
CB Kia tonychat,

your prostitute ladyboy to me is considered extremely dirty.. worse than a piece of shit..:biggrin::eek::cool:

matamafia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Again!

Non-Veg ingredients found mixed inside so called Vegetarian Food. Yum Yum!

This time it is Japanese.

And they mixed FISH MEAT inside their vegetarian food products. :eek: :biggrin::biggrin:

Previously it was Taiwanese, and BEEF & PORK were found inside their vegetarian food products. Now it is the Japs turn this time.

http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url/d/a/090708/4/1mnbb.html

日本素食含魚醬 呷菜小心破功

中時 更新日期:"2009/07/08 02:47" 唐鎮宇/台北報導

吃日本素食產品,小心吃到葷!消保會調查市售素食產品發現,日本認可的素食產品可摻魚類添加物,可能會讓台灣茹素者誤食,也有部分量販店誤把非素食產品放在素食陳列櫃中販賣。消保會呼籲,消費者要認清,才不會買錯讓「道行破功」。

過去素食產品只標示「素食可食」、「素食皆宜」,七月一日起,所有素食商品都必須依「全素或純素」、「蛋素」、「奶素」、「蛋奶素」及「植物五辛素」等標示,違者可依《食品衛生管理法》第十七條罰三到十五萬元。

為調查市售素食標式現況,消保會到各通路買了十件素食產品,發現在知名量販店素食專區購得的日本進口納豆產品含「魚醬」,不符我國對素食產品的定義。

消保會督導組組長劉清芳解釋,由於國情不同,日本認可的素食可添加魚精、魚粉等魚類添加物,但我國不允許。該產品包裝上雖未標示「素食」,但通路商把產品放在素食專區,依法可處四到廿萬元。消保會將發文請衛生署處理。

消保會也發現,香港地區生產的素食部份添加洋蔥、蒜等刺激性植物,台灣傳統茹素者不可食用這些成分,提醒民眾購買前需要多注意標示。

劉清芳說,味噌、紅糟及豆瓣醬等需發酵的加工食品,發酵時會產生少許酒精,新規定酒精含量○.五%以下不必標示,禁吃含酒精成份的素食者應注意。

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
The intention is to eat vegetarian and the act has always been to eat vegetarian. This is good intention and good deed. The bad karma falls totally on the manufacturer.

As for those who rants against vegetarian food that tastes like meat, what is your problem? Vegetarians are just trying their best to eat less meat and show compassion to the animals. Were they bashing down your doors to force vegetarian food down your throat (with the exception of tonychat, our resident idiot)? Live and let live.

good observation:biggrin:

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Meat is healthy, but only when raw. Similarly for vegetables.
Everyone go read Aajonus Vonderplanitz's "We Want To Live".

For vegetarians, there's nothing hypocritical about eating mock meat. It's the best of both worlds - you get to continue eating meat (there's no 'attachment' or 'sin' to something that is natural to the universe, eg. sex; the ones who think these acts are 'sinful', *they* are the perverse ones) and getting the protein your body needs (which is why the human body naturally craves meat), and without the karma of contributing to cruelty to animals (over 98% of all animals bred by man for meat on the planet are raised in cruel conditions and slaughtered/boiled-alive cruelly).

Having said that, everyone - meat eaters and vegetarians alike, should go read Aajonus Vonderplanitz's "We Want To Live" to be correctly enlightened about the truth of what's healthy and what's not. It's not about meat vs vegetables, it's about raw vs cooked/processed/toxic.