• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

vegetable and fruit juices before meals

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can you see your stomach muscles? I think you need to be below 10% BF to look shredded. I look skinny compared to last time cos i'm cutting and the fat does make you look bigger.

I can see my "6 pack" abdominals.
I may be in better shape now compared my days during NS, although my stamina and endurance were much better at that younger age.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How do u drink that?

for example, a fruit smoothie may include:

one cup of Tropicana orange juice, one banana, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, black berries, and 4 ice cubes
the banana will give it a smooth creamy texture

if a vegetables based smoothie:

once cup of OJ, one stick of celery, one carrot, one tomato, whatever else you desire, banana optional

then all the nutrients are in the smoothie

by the way, if using an orange, just peel the outer skin, keep the white part

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you. I was told by a doctor friend that doctors would not follow such diets but eat as in the past but in moderation. For some reason they dispense the opposite which I suppose is to be politically correct. The logic is that we do not yet know which crucial nutrient or nutrients would be missed. He also cited the pancreatic cancer phenomenon. I used to be on fish and veg diet and gave it up.

Also told by the same friend that we are now living into the 80s across the population and not just the healthy ones. They typically are not overweight, do not smoke, limited alcohol intake but eat widely plus the intake of modern day targeted medication. In the past it was the alcohol, smoking and heavily salted dishes would do you in. He also said to avoid all impact sports such as jogging, tennis etc when you go into middle age. This is to avoid damage to joints which are not meant to last that long even when you are healthy. He had a point as the well known sporting uncles all have knee guard, ankle guard and have undergone surgery.

I therefore took up cycling. The only danger is someone running you over. The consolation is the chics that come your way.

Quite a number of vegetarian friends who take only organic food up lorry in mid-50s. They don't smoke, drink and can run a mile faster than most school boys. Interestingly 2 have pancreatic cancer - it appears to be the no. 1 killer of those who live healthily. Than came across this John Hopkin report posted in SB on breakdown of immune system leading to cancer. No one knows the nutrients needed tobuild and maintain our immune system. Advice given in the report was to take everything but in moderation. Sound logical to me as I think health conscious chaps limit their diet scope and may end up lacking certain essential substances for the immune system, found in "unhealthy" food.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
coffee. need to neutralize the meaty, oily and carby taste. doppio latte preferred.

If that is what you eat, and that is your objective, perhaps, green or black tea, without sugar and without milk, may be a better alternative.

What do you mean by oily (greasy food)?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That an advice my friend gave me. He even told me to study elephants and why they are so strong animals! To me, better to take meat in moderation.

LOL come to think of it there are lots of strong vegeterian animals. In contrast those that solely eat meat aren't so "strong" compared to those that eat veggies. A bear isn't as strong as an elephant.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If that is what you eat, and that is your objective, perhaps, green or black tea, without sugar and without milk, may be a better alternative.

What do you mean by oily (greasy food)?

the oil comes mainly from the dressing, for example just had trout with potato and salad dripped in olive oil.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
wont a good tea be better?....I think thats why they have those when we go dimsims ( the makan type ...not the BobSim type )

A good pu erh should neutralise what you mentioned.

coffee. need to neutralize the meaty, oily and carby taste. doppio latte preferred.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the oil comes mainly from the dressing, for example just had trout with potato and salad dripped in olive oil.

If it is olive oil, then it looks acceptable, but if it is from other oil or commercially prepared salad dressing, it may be less desirable.

For us, we only use cold filtered first pressed olive oil and lemon juice as salad dressing.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How do u drink that?

how do you puree the fruit and veg?

20121123_134611.jpg

I use the left machine to get fruit and veg juice but feel it's a waste to throw away those leftover so mix it with some commercial fruit juice and use the right machine to puree

Copyright picture: pii chon

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I use the left machine to get fruit and veg juice but feel it's a waste to throw away those leftover so mix it with some commercial fruit juice and use the right machine to puree

Copyright picture: pii chon
Thanks looney for the reminder, else these 2 machines will end up as brand new in the store room.

Status changed from 'lying on the floor unopen' to 'on the pantry but not used yet' cos' no fruits yet.:biggrin:

20121124_065019.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wont a good tea be better?....I think thats why they have those when we go dimsims ( the makan type ...not the BobSim type )

A good pu erh should neutralise what you mentioned.

wine is my best cleaner. sometimes i would gargle softly with wine before desserts. hot tea washes down greasy meals and goes well with chinese food. to accompany desserts, coffee is desirable, tea is also welcome. i can go either way. these days, there's so much variety of designer tea to choose from. lemon grass, lime, mint on the light green side to cranberry, pomegranate, cherry on the heavy menstrual side. :eek: :p

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If it is olive oil, then it looks acceptable, but if it is from other oil or commercially prepared salad dressing, it may be less desirable.

For us, we only use cold filtered first pressed olive oil and lemon juice as salad dressing.

extra virgin olive oil (evoo) mixed with freshly squeezed lemon juice and balsamic vinegar is my standard home made dressing now. extremely good with spring mix or spinach and pine nuts.

this afternoon (black friday), i was having lunch at bistro jeanty in yountville, and they were serving trout, sole and mussels. mussels cooked in a white wine broth with olive oil, onion and garlic were fantastic! day was around 67-f.