• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

vegetable and fruit juices before meals

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hey charlie,

you have a very good bmi. mine is higher at 21. my body fat is also higher, over 16% below 19%. i appreciate the detailed diet and routine and will learn to emulate. as we get older, all these details become exceptionally more important. too bad when i was young i took all these healthy living tips for granted. thanks. :o

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks esnd and contributors, me feel real guilty after reading this. later, die die also get a fruit/vege blender and fruits/veges too.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks esnd and contributors, me feel real guilty after reading this. later, die die also get a fruit/vege blender and fruits/veges too.

thai food is so much healthier than american/canadian/aussie staples. we have to observe our diets because heart disease is a serious problem where i live. for you and joe, you can relax and go easy on your diet. there's a lot of fresh local vege in thai cuisine. nonetheless, having fruit/vege often doesn't hurt. :wink:

Rambutan

Alfrescian
Loyal
thai food is so much healthier than american/canadian/aussie staples. we have to observe our diets because heart disease is a serious problem where i live. for you and joe, you can relax and go easy on your diet. there's a lot of fresh local vege in thai cuisine. nonetheless, having fruit/vege often doesn't hurt. :wink:

Mint leaves are commonly found in Thai food. Does having too much mint leave cause one to lose memory?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

I guess for us its the alcohol that kills

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the morning, drink a cup or 2 cups of room temperature water. [p.s. one of old university friends who continue to reside in Singapore, drinks one litre of water before breakfast]..
Just to share on my experience with drinking water in the morning. Have been doing that for a long time. In younger days I will just gulp down the water. However, as age catches up I find it better to drink in small sips. Feels more comfortable after that. Maybe that is why there are many stories on monks advising the sicks to drink water in x number of sips within y mins - a form of distraction from the illness and also better for the system.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Go vegetarian lah.
Quite a number of vegetarian friends who take only organic food up lorry in mid-50s. They don't smoke, drink and can run a mile faster than most school boys. Interestingly 2 have pancreatic cancer - it appears to be the no. 1 killer of those who live healthily. Than came across this John Hopkin report posted in SB on breakdown of immune system leading to cancer. No one knows the nutrients needed tobuild and maintain our immune system. Advice given in the report was to take everything but in moderation. Sound logical to me as I think health conscious chaps limit their diet scope and may end up lacking certain essential substances for the immune system, found in "unhealthy" food.

Last edited:

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is expensive to eat healthy in Sinkapore... Boost Juice Bars: liquid health boosters ($6-$7.50) hungry easily too.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mint leaves are commonly found in Thai food. Does having too much mint leave cause one to lose memory?

that's news to me. mint leaves are also very popular in vietnamese cuisine. and i know of many viet women who can't forget their past loves. :eek:

heard on hawaiian news that too much tofu may cause one to lose memory. not sure if this is true, as many americans of japanese descent in hawaii are losing their sense of history. :eek:

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Go vegetarian lah.

attempted that route, and it's difficult for me. i love bacon and pork crackling. can't get away from them. :o

however, i'm cutting down on beef and chicken. i'm eating fish and seafood more, but vege is now my main diet. last night, i had only one serving of turkey. it's a must for thanksgiving. no tofu turkey. :biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I guess for us its the alcohol that kills

red wine in moderation is ok. had a glass of pinot noir last night even though chardonnay goes with turkey. a little bit of cognac is great for the night. i'm not a whiskey person. we need to follow equalisation's advice. drink in moderation and must protect liver. :eek:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is expensive to eat healthy in Sinkapore... Boost Juice Bars: liquid health boosters ($6-$7.50) hungry easily too.

in sg, i spend more time eating yong tau hu with soup. if we avoid the fried stuff, the fish, vege and tofu are some of the healthiest ingredients in the meal. and the chilli sauce is special. can never find it outside of sg.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For me i hate the taste of veggies. I'm thinking of fruits like apples, oranges and orange colored rock melons or the green ones too. Reminds me of the blenders they use in hawker centres. The auntie would shove slices of rock melons into the machine and i think it took almost the entire melon or who knows a few melons to produce a glass of juice.

One good thing about using a blender is you can blend a whole bunch of strange veggies and just drink the damn concoction up without having to chew that shit and tasting it. I don't really like to eat raw veggies that much so it's a real pain the ass to eat them sometimes.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hey charlie,

you have a very good bmi. mine is higher at 21. my body fat is also higher, over 16% below 19%. i appreciate the detailed diet and routine and will learn to emulate. as we get older, all these details become exceptionally more important. too bad when i was young i took all these healthy living tips for granted. thanks. :o

Can you see your stomach muscles? I think you need to be below 10% BF to look shredded. I look skinny compared to last time cos i'm cutting and the fat does make you look bigger.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For me i hate the taste of veggies. I'm thinking of fruits like apples, oranges and orange colored rock melons or the green ones too. Reminds me of the blenders they use in hawker centres. The auntie would shove slices of rock melons into the machine and i think it took almost the entire melon or who knows a few melons to produce a glass of juice.

One good thing about using a blender is you can blend a whole bunch of strange veggies and just drink the damn concoction up without having to chew that shit and tasting it. I don't really like to eat raw veggies that much so it's a real pain the ass to eat them sometimes.

It is better not to drink the juice, but to drink the pureed version of fruits and vegetables, which include the fibre and nutrients.