• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Uniquely Singapore...but why use ang moh models?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 10 Aug, 2008 14:11
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Uniquely Singapore...but why use ang moh models?

A STOMPer wonders why this Uniquely Singapore advertisement in Orchard Road uses mostly Caucasian or Western models.

She said:

"I thought the Uniquely Singapore website is supposed to promote Singapore as a culture...so they should use Singaporean or Asian models, right?

"But by using mostly ang moh or Western models, the ad doesn't really show the uniqueness of Singapore."

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simple.... orchard road is western hemisphere.... so use western model to fit into the environment.... you don't put a chinese sausage and a tontillo hotdog together, dont' you ?

beng

WOOHOO

Alfrescian
Loyal
no la that's because uniquely singapore is unique for using such models to display the uniqueness of singapore dun you get it kekekeke

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uniquely%20Singapore1.jpg

ya lor ya lor!!!^^

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why so many articles from STOMP(ing)?

If I want to read, I would have gone to STOMP(ing) direct, wouldn't I?

Infraction for you! :mad:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
that stomper, doesn't she know that spore is a ang mor wannabe city?? harlo? what is the novel she's reading? ang mor novel or asian novel? what language she speak when she's with her friends? english/ singlish or Asian language?

get real. spore is a ang mor (western) wannabe city. make no mistake about it.

Last edited:

hunter

Alfrescian
Loyal
A product sells faster if the model is ang moh compared to an asian face

The exception is when lao zoe swallow :p :biggrin:

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
more photogenic . that said nowadays got very tall chinese models who will look equally good on advertisements

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Precisely why it is called UNIQUELY SINGAPORE becos it is only in Singapore where ang mos and foreigner are favored over their own shitizens where it comes to jobs....so it is only natural that they use ang mos or foreigners for the ad....

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
It all started when the first ang moh stepped into Temasek in 1819. Since then, we are forever the 2nd class citizen till now and still being so.