• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Unhappy FT writes to ST to complain about sinkie "behaviour"

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The irony is that we have the most demanding and expensive driving licence requirement. Yet we some how learn that if it is green, we have right of way, no if or buts. Then when they are charged in court for inconsiderate or dangerous driving, they can't comprehend why they are charged only to realise that the laws were inherited from the British.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The irony is that we have the most demanding and expensive driving licence requirement. Yet we some how learn that if it is green, we have right of way, no if or buts. Then when they are charged in court for inconsiderate or dangerous driving, they can't comprehend why they are charged only to realise that the laws were inherited from the British.

Something is wrong with the process of driving license acquisition for locals and foreigners.

Too much theorycrafting and mugging of those silly theory textbooks, too little practical hands-on during lessons.

I've heard stories of how easily some women pass their practical driving test by dressing sexily.

It also does not help that foreigners can simply convert their driving license by just taking a theory test.

The 'demanding part' comes when driving centres deliberately fail okay students because the passing quota for the month has been met. You can't have an exceedingly high passing rate and snatch the customers from other driving centres... this is most certainly a directive from LTA or the Traffic Police.

Goldeneye

Alfrescian
Loyal
That ang moh is incorrect when he says streets are not for pedestrians or cyclists in Sinkie land. Actually Sg lot better than many other Asian cities. In Taiwan, the pedestrian has to be very careful as vehicles dont stop unlike Sinkieland, when the signal is for the pedestrian to cross. They rush after you until you feel scared to move....

I dont drive but based on what I see it is mostly two wheelers that take risky shortcuts and pedestrians that jaywalk or (nowadays) walk anywhere and everywhere watching movies or playing games on their phone.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
That ang moh is incorrect when he says streets are not for pedestrians or cyclists in Sinkie land. Actually Sg lot better than many other Asian cities. In Taiwan, the pedestrian has to be very careful as vehicles dont stop unlike Sinkieland, when the signal is for the pedestrian to cross. They rush after you until you feel scared to move....

I dont drive but based on what I see it is mostly two wheelers that take risky shortcuts and pedestrians that jaywalk or (nowadays) walk anywhere and everywhere watching movies or playing games on their phone.

Just because its bad in Taiwan doesnt mean it should be acceptable in Singapore. Safety is everybodies responsibility, no excuses and exceptions.

t0nychat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because of 3rd world low life sinkie drivers, the kid's brain are scattered over the floor.

Well I forgot to add that, this will never happen to me, because I have no brains to scatter!! Whatever inside my skull are shit and urine!!

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't always agree with foreigners observation of us but in this case, the guy is absolutely right. And after 26 years here, he knows what he's talking about. Its time we pull our biased heads out of the sand and smell the roses. For those who brought up examples of foreigners driving badly, I can think about so many locals as well. Listen and react on the merit of the message. Don't kill the messenger....

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
its like he's in china, and says in singapore, spitting is against the law and fine will be levied.. LOL hope he get his ass kicked one day

Last edited:

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
The complaining Dutchman hadn't cross the causeway to see how the savages on the other side of the causeway drives!

whatthink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed sinkies are the worse driver in the world, but who to blame, the stressful life here make them to be rude. Many self center Sinkies are too pride of themselves, they don't care ppl telling them the true, as long ppl criticise them a bit, these poor sinkies just blindly ask ppl to fuck off and song for themselves.

What the angmoh say is true, sinkies drivers don't like signal when they make right or turn, they turn anytime they want, they have no patient to let the pedestrian cross as is they are the most most ppl in the world.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed sinkies are the worse driver in the world, but who to blame, the stressful life here make them to be rude. Many self center Sinkies are too pride of themselves, they don't care ppl telling them the true, as long ppl criticise them a bit, these poor sinkies just blindly ask ppl to fuck off and song for themselves.

What the angmoh say is true, sinkies drivers don't like signal when they make right or turn, they turn anytime they want, they have no patient to let the pedestrian cross as is they are the most most ppl in the world.

Any driver blaming others for his own shitty driving should be forced to sell his car.

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Chink in that Ferrari was eager to render whatever assistance he could but when he tried to do so, he realised he was dead.

Even if he was not dead, he had to look for his pants but first, he gotta remove his dick from the PRC whore sucking his cock before he literally burst.....

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I encourage all FTs not satisfied with Sinkie driving standards to be violent and assault drivers. Even women drivers ferrying their kids.

After all, you won't be arrested or charged at all like this guy ......

Man in road rage incident is RBS exec

20110924.112832_20110924-roadrage_bg.jpg

By Amanda Yong
AsiaOne, The New Paper
Saturday, Sep 24, 2011

She was filtering out of the Central Expressway (CTE) into Braddell Road when a car overtook her.

The blue Bentley accelerated and abruptly cut into her lane, she claimed.

It then screeched to a sudden halt, forcing her to step on her brakes.

What happened next so frightened Madam Wang, 36, a manager, that it left her shaking.

The driver of the British sports car, a Caucasian man, got out of his vehicle, stormed over to her white Mercedes-Benz and started shouting at her.

Then, he slammed his bare fist into her car windscreen as she remained in the driver's seat.

He did this at least twice, cracking the glass, Madam Wang said.

She immediately got out of the car as she did not want to be hit by falling glass shards.

She said: "I was terrified. I feared for my personal safety, I feared for my life."

Stunned by the man's outburst, Madam Wang's female cousin and four-year-old son also stepped out of the car.

"I was shocked by his behaviour and shocked that he could actually damage the windscreen using his bare hand. And I was afraid that he would hit me too," said Madam Wang, a Taiwanese married to a Singaporean.

The incident happened just after 7pm on Tuesday night while Madam Wang and her family were on their way to dinner.

The New Paper understands that the man claimed that Madam Wang had cut into his lane and he decided to do the same to her.

But she denied having cut into his lane.

And she remains baffled by the reason for the man's outburst.

Speaking to TNP over the phone last night, Madam Wang said she was travelling on the CTE and the Bentley was behind her car while she was filtering out to Braddell Road.

"I checked for traffic on my right to see if I could turn left into Braddell Road and when I did, I saw the car overtake mine," she revealed.

The driver of the car sounded his horn at her as he sped ahead, travelling at more than 80kmh, she said.

"Then he suddenly cut into my lane and slammed on his brakes."

Madam Wang estimated that the distance between the two cars when both came to a stop was only about 3m.

"Fortunately, I was travelling at between 40kmh and 50kmh only, or I would have rammed into his car," she said.

Shell-shocked by the sudden turn of events, she was unprepared for what happened next.

She added: "The man got out of his car, came over to me and started scolding me in English. I didn't understand what he was saying, but I was very scared."

She said her Chinese Filipino cousin, who speaks English, tried communicating with the man.

But she was too stunned by his actions to understand what he was shouting about.

Then, as Madam Wang remained seated in her car, the man punched the windscreen, making her cower in fear.

After she got out of her car, Madam Wang decided to call the police.

She said: "When he found out I had called the police, he said his three-year-old daughter, who was in his car, had bumped her head and was crying and he had to take her to the hospital.

"But when he carried his daughter out of the car, she seemed fine."

Madam Wang said the man's daughter was seated in the back, while his son was in the front passenger seat.

Offered to payShe said that before the man left, he took out his business card, shoved it into her cousin's hands and said: "I'll pay for everything."

Then, he drove off.

The police arrived shortly after.

Madam Wang said the man's card stated that he is a managing director in a unit of a major foreign bank here.

She said: "Did he think I wasn't a human being and that just because he's rich and drives an expensive car that he can just bully me and pay me off?

"He was very arrogant. His attitude was too much."

Madam Wang said what she found even more appalling was that he unleashed his rage against a group of defenceless women and a child.

"Some of my relatives were visiting from overseas... Three of my aunties in their 50s to 60s were in another car somewhere behind mine.

"My elderly aunties stopped their car behind mine during the incident so they saw what happened and my son was so scared his face turned white," she said.

Madam Wang said the incident left her so traumatised she could not sleep that night.

She explained: "When I got home about two hours after it happened, I wondered how I even had the courage to get out of the car after he smashed my windscreen.

"The incident has left me very feeling very uncomfortable. I'm so scared that I'm trembling now while talking to you."

Madam Wang's husband, a businessman who wanted to be known only as Mr Chen, 50, said the man sent him an e-mail at around 10.40 that night.

In the e-mail, the man claimed that he had also filed a police report and that he had taken his daughter to see a doctor for her injuries.

He also offered to pay for the damage to the windscreen.

But Mr Chen and his wife think that is not enough.

"There was not the slightest remorse or even the sign of an apology," he said.

"To us, it's not about money, it's about justice. What he did was totally uncalled for."

The man did not answer calls TNP made to his mobile phone last night.

The police were alerted about the incident at around 7.10pm, said a spokesman when contacted.

Investigations are ongoing.

This article was first published in The New Paper.

Man is RBS exec

The Causasian man allegedly involved in the winscreen smashing incident is a high-ranking executive with the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS).

The Straits Times reported that a RBS spokesman confirmed yesterday that Mr Stefan Masuhr, the bank's head of credit structuring and repackaging for the Asia-Pacific, had been involved in the incident which took place on the Central Expressway on Tuesday.

However, the spokesman declined to give more details as it was a 'private matter'.

It is not known what caused Mr Masuhr to be enraged but it is thought that Madam Wang had allegedly cut into his lane minutes before, causing him to brake abruptly.

Sources told The Straits Times that Mr Masuhr's daughter, who was in the back seat when the incident happened, had hit her head on the seat in front of her and suffered head injuries. She was taken to hospital to receive outpatient treatment.

His seven-year-old son was also in the car. Mr Masuhr, who is believed to be in his 40s, is said to be on sick leave since Thursday.

Mr Masuhr's co-workers described the bank executive as 'a reasonable and nice guy' to work with. Local media reports say that he was born in Germany and has been living here for 12 years. He became a Singaporean about four years ago.

Mr Mashur was with Deutsche Bank for four years and has worked in other offshore banks such as Asia HypoVereinsbank and WestLB, before joining RBS.

When contacted by The Straits Times at his Upper Thomson residence on Friday, he said he did not want to comment on the matter and directed all queries to an RBS spokesman.

No arrest has been made and police say that investigations are going on.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see. 1 foreign idiot did something idiotic a year ago means all foreigners are like that. Is that what you are implying?