• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Uber & Grab driver, here 3 things u need to know about the new association

tomychua

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Article Source: http://goo.gl/j4F7oM

Just today, the NTUC announced that industry association has been formed to represent Private Hire Drivers, and to protect their interests.

uber12.jpg

The National Private Hire Vehicles Association was registered under the Registry of Societies (ROS) on 3 May 2016 by the NTUC Freelancers and Self-Employed Unit.

Coincidentally, Singapore is the third city to form an association for Uber drivers, after New York City and Seattle.

Here are three things you need to know about the association: http://goo.gl/j4F7oM

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just another ploy for the government to control through licensing and taxing these freelancers and self-employed.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just another ploy for the government to control through licensing and taxing these freelancers and self-employed.

But looks like they are here to stay.
Taxi drivers in for a hard time.....already I heard some are already feeling the impact of slow business with the new competition. Good la more opposition votes from this group

GoldyMarg

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is the point of driving private car for businesses but end of the day, cannot claim expenses such as gas, rental under taxation... etc.... ?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But looks like they are here to stay.
Taxi drivers in for a hard time.....already I heard some are already feeling the impact of slow business with the new competition. Good la more opposition votes from this group

booked 3 hours in advance for a cab to go from siglap to bukit timah, and when the time came it poured buckets and the cab company told me there was no available cabs. so i called limo service, and the suv showed up 15 minutes after dropping someone off at airport. the driver even called me and told me he's on siglap road 5 minutes before showing up at door. due to rain and delay, i was expecting to be late for a 7pm meeting, but he navigated his way to get me to the lobby entrance in bukit timah 3 minutes before 7. i was so impressed i gave him a $20 tip on top of a $50 ride.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
So far I using grab private taxi for 2 times.

Heard that got sgd15 discount. Is it? But I dunno how to use this discount. Anybody know?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
booked 3 hours in advance for a cab to go from siglap to bukit timah, and when the time came it poured buckets and the cab company told me there was no available cabs. so i called limo service, and the suv showed up 15 minutes after dropping someone off at airport. the driver even called me and told me he's on siglap road 5 minutes before showing up at door. due to rain and delay, i was expecting to be late for a 7pm meeting, but he navigated his way to get me to the lobby entrance in bukit timah 3 minutes before 7. i was so impressed i gave him a $20 tip on top of a $50 ride.

I have swore off taxis already.
Now use uber and grabcar.
No more need to see taxi drivers fuckfaces. No need even pay as direct charge to my credit card and no need to sign even. Call (without call charges) and always get a ride within minutes. No what fuck surcharge, cbd shit etc. This is the future of public personal transport.

ChineseDog

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good job my fellow chinese dog. We chinks pay a lot more for cheap services.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have swore off taxis already.
Now use uber and grabcar.
No more need to see taxi drivers fuckfaces. No need even pay as direct charge to my credit card and no need to sign even. Call (without call charges) and always get a ride within minutes. No what fuck surcharge, cbd shit etc. This is the future of public personal transport.

thought you have your own car and personal chaffeur? Still need grabcar and uber?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thought you have your own car and personal chaffeur? Still need grabcar and uber?

I dun believe in personal chauffeurs as I love driving my cars.
I take cabs (now uber & grabcar)when I go out drinking at night.....and that's very often. Sometimes I'll drive there and use those drive home valets when going home.