• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tutions: Are parents spending too much time & $ on their children..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Your kids education not important?that's the best investment

You are wrong Bro.I have seen how many parents scrimped & save for their kids' education; onLy to know sadLy that they have decided to stay in that same Country for good..:cool:

SanShuGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your kids education not important?that's the best investment

Sometimes, it also depend on the interest of the child. I have a nephew who could not fit into the academic curriculum in Singapore at all. He went from secondary five to ITE to polytechnic and finally made it to NUS. Even though he took the longer route, but he still made it. His parents never gave up on him, but they did not stress him out with tuition or enrichment class but kept on encouraging him.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So can I know what is your highest qualification?

lianbeng very proud of my sec 4 'O' Level results: B3 for Chinese as 2nd Language, C6 for English Language, C6 for C. Mathematics, D7 for General Science, E8 for Geography and F9 for A. Maths! :biggrin:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
lianbeng very proud of my sec 4 'O' Level results: B3 for Chinese as 2nd Language, C6 for English Language, C6 for C. Mathematics, D7 for General Science, E8 for Geography and F9 for A. Maths! :biggrin:

Lu ki si La !..my One was a tad better than yours..:eek::biggrin:

SanShuGong

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is ok. As long as you are successful in life now, that will be fine. Good academic grades does not guarantee fortune or successful.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is ok. As long as you are successful in life now, that will be fine. Good academic grades does not guarantee fortune or successful.

lianbeng never agrees with studying too hard coz too many brain cells died liao! :biggrin: kiang tio hoe mai kar kiang!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
..when at Least 30% of my cLose neighbour's income........................

With tuition so common among Singaporeans, why is it the locals never question about the quality of the teachers at their kids' schools? Why do parents depend so much on out of school teachers to teeach their kids to score better at shool exams? If extra lessons are necessary for school children in Singapore, how about tuition lessons in manners and social etiquette?

Good education system? Then why bother with tuition?

Cheers!

songsongpunggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you sent your kids to tuition you are shifting the teaching responsibilities to strangers

How can you say you spend time on your kids?

You are using money to buy your own time.

Of course you can remain a bachelor and dun get married and have kids.

And you can die alone when you are old aged.

Then next day some samsters will post the seeking for next of kins threads on this forum.

Nobody else really cares if your bank account is loaded.

Last edited:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
With tuition so common among Singaporeans, why is it the locals never question about the quality of the teachers at their kids' schools? Why do parents depend so much on out of school teachers to teeach their kids to score better at shool exams? If extra lessons are necessary for school children in Singapore, how about tuition lessons in manners and social etiquette?

Good education system? Then why bother with tuition?

Cheers!

Its not that teachers can't teach. Its competition. I think you must score 90% to get A1 in O levels now because of the higher level of competition.

SongBoh

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng replies hokkien: bro, i helped to save on tuition fees u know? instead of giving my mother's hard-earned sweat-blood money 血汗钱 to the tuition teacher i blanjah meimei go kfc better lah! :biggrin: sogood! then later adjourned to somewhere quiet and then...

... then song song right?

After song song oredi, time up, you ask the mei mei "today you song boh?" right? :biggrin: