• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Triple Lens Camera Phone Coming - Huawei P20 Pro

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ok thanks ....wont get phone's without SD card slot.... uh got headphone jack?

Only USB C

IMG_20180421_231053.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
huawei phones are filled to the brim with spying gadgets and firmware for the ccp and pla. high resolution cameras are used to capture fine image details of things and scenes in other cuntries' military bases with embedded firmware sending data streams in the wee hours back to data centers in the prc when service personnel least suspect it. this is one reason why all military personnel and u.s. vendors and contractors who work for uncle sam cannot carry a huawei phone to sensitive sites. they will search you and confiscate your phone.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zte also kena dinged by u.s. gov.

ZTE says export ban will ‘severely impact’ its survival
fce465349b2388d9902a6532899d056c

It’s been a hell of a week for ZTE. News Monday that it was being hit with a seven-year export ban sent the company scrambling. The Chinese handset maker suspended its earnings report and reportedly sent its lawyers to meet with Google to see if anything could be worked out about a punishment that could hamper its ability to utilize Android and various key services.

Four days after we first reached out, ZTE has finally offered us an official reaction to the news. And it’s a doozy. The six-paragraph official statement from corporate mulls over the punishment and reasserts ZTE’s compliance to international law, which it “regard(s) as the foundation and bottom-line of the company’s operation.”

ZTE adds that it invested “over $50 million in its export control compliance program and is planning to invest more resources in 2018.” So, why did the company get dinged by the U.S. Department of Commerce for failure to significantly reprimand staff after pleading guilty to violating sanctions on Iran and North Korea?

The company contends that the U.S. Bureau of Industry and Security “ignored” its “diligent work” and progress it has made in complying with the law, calling the punishment, “unfair.” Seven years is certainly severe, given that U.S.-based companies make north of a quarter of the components used in the company’s handsets, according to estimates.

That, coupled with U.S.-based software makers, Google included, put the company in an extremely tight spot moving forward, and will likely require a complete rethink of ZTE’s business model, if upheld.

“The Denial Order will not only severely impact the survival and development of ZTE,” the company says, “but will also cause damages to all partners of ZTE including a large number of U.S. companies.” ZTE adds that it will continue to fight the ruling, taking “judicial measures,” if necessary.

The punishment comes as ZTE finds itself targeted by the U.S. government over spying charges, alongside fellow Chinese handset maker, Huawei.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/04/20/zte-says-export-ban-will-severely-impact-its-survival/

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
huawei phones are filled to the brim with spying gadgets and firmware for the ccp and pla. high resolution cameras are used to capture fine image details of things and scenes in other cuntries' military bases with embedded firmware sending data streams in the wee hours back to data centers in the prc when service personnel least suspect it. this is one reason why all military personnel and u.s. vendors and contractors who work for uncle sam cannot carry a huawei phone to sensitive sites. they will search you and confiscate your phone.

For those who worry so much about what their smartphones are transmitting. How do we know, if sing & tell users in Stinkerpore have built in spying features..especially you are an oppositions using their phones & services? How about the rest here too?

How much are are privacy being compromise here, no one, so far, has done a study...we do not have people like "snowdon" or "assange" to expose this. How do we know, we are being tracked all the time..when we use our mobile? Never mind about the PRC or even the Russians? or NK?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For those who worry so much about what their smartphones are transmitting. How do we know, if sing & tell users in Stinkerpore have built in spying features..especially you are an oppositions using their phones & services? How about the rest here too?

How much are are privacy being compromise here, no one, so far, has done a study...we do not have people like "snowdon" or "assange" to expose this. How do we know, we are being tracked all the time..when we use our mobile? Never mind about the PRC or even the Russians? or NK?
i have junked my android phone as i have posted countless times how alphabet the parent company (a.k.a. goog) has been data-mining the heck out of android users with a crafty eula (end user license agreement). the moment you start using android platforms and nest devices by turning the "on" button, you opt-in to all their whims and fancy in fine print without you knowing you have signed your life, soul and privacy away to them. even if you purposely opt-out of their "location" tracking, they automatically re-instate you for location tracking via google play apps which can never be switched or forced off. i've written about this with very explicit evidence and instruction on how this is done in a thread on android. the thread is somehow buried in a "serious" folder reorganized under political/serious discussions (very hard to find now). don't need a snowden or assange to tell us (that's a very sinkie attitude in expecting someone else to do the legwork for you). you can uncover it yourself - i've already paved the way. same thing is happening with amazon devices such as alexa. i have alexa and i choose to power it down and keep it in cobweb for good after getting spammed continuously by amazon for 6.9 days. at least with apple devices they honor my opt-out's, especially with location tracking for several apps. if you use instagram (belongs to fb) on ios, it allows you to either opt-out of location tracking altogether (never) or opt-in (while using the app). and apple means it, without trickery or shenanigans like goog, fb, or amazon.

ok, took a while on sbf but found the thread on android issues. buried in the politics folder.
https://www.sammyboy.com/threads/android-issues.196880/

there's another thread that discusses data mining, and i've posted gobs of details on how android and some apps sniff you out 24 by 7, even when you're napping. forgot the title of thread. started not by me.

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why buy Huawei? It is very likely that the Huawei phone will download your data to servers in China without your knowledge on a regular basis. Why else do you think America and Australia are banning their military personnel and even the public from getting Huawei phones?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Why buy Huawei? It is very likely that the Huawei phone will download your data to servers in China without your knowledge on a regular basis. Why else do you think America and Australia are banning their military personnel and even the public from getting Huawei phones?

Ok guys I have to tell you this - this week was in Guangzhou and one of the nights had a big dinner with some "influential" people. Noticed all carry iPhones, and while I was shooting photos off with my Huawei and praising how good the camera is the "bog boss" of the group, a CCP member since school boy days of course, told me he had ditched his Huawei because all China Huawei have chip embedded that not only track the owner movement but also able to know all transactions and communications made, listen to the environment and camera can be turned on remotely and worst of all do all these even when the phone is turned off. However he could not confirm this for overseas Huawei but after hearing this of course we better assume its the same. I told him iPhones are made in China too his answer is Apple do not allow these chips to be in their machines and Apple's chips are proprietary the CCP can't break.

For me camera is important and I use my Huawei for this purpose only - no facebook, no instagram, no critical information.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ok guys I have to tell you this - this week was in Guangzhou and one of the nights had a big dinner with some "influential" people. Noticed all carry iPhones, and while I was shooting photos off with my Huawei and praising how good the camera is the "bog boss" of the group, a CCP member since school boy days of course, told me he had ditched his Huawei because all China Huawei have chip embedded that not only track the owner movement but also able to know all transactions and communications made, listen to the environment and camera can be turned on remotely and worst of all do all these even when the phone is turned off. However he could not confirm this for overseas Huawei but after hearing this of course we better assume its the same. I told him iPhones are made in China too his answer is Apple do not allow these chips to be in their machines and Apple's chips are proprietary the CCP can't break.

For me camera is important and I use my Huawei for this purpose only - no facebook, no instagram, no critical information.

It is for the same reason why I do not install wechat on my personal handphone.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i have junked my android phone as i have posted countless times how alphabet the parent company (a.k.a. goog) has been data-mining the heck out of android users with a crafty eula (end user license agreement). the moment you start using android platforms and nest devices by turning the "on" button, you opt-in to all their whims and fancy in fine print without you knowing you have signed your life, soul and privacy away to them. even if you purposely opt-out of their "location" tracking, they automatically re-instate you for location tracking via google play apps which can never be switched or forced off. i've written about this with very explicit evidence and instruction on how this is done in a thread on android. the thread is somehow buried in a "serious" folder reorganized under political/serious discussions (very hard to find now). don't need a snowden or assange to tell us (that's a very sinkie attitude in expecting someone else to do the legwork for you). you can uncover it yourself - i've already paved the way. same thing is happening with amazon devices such as alexa. i have alexa and i choose to power it down and keep it in cobweb for good after getting spammed continuously by amazon for 6.9 days. at least with apple devices they honor my opt-out's, especially with location tracking for several apps. if you use instagram (belongs to fb) on ios, it allows you to either opt-out of location tracking altogether (never) or opt-in (while using the app). and apple means it, without trickery or shenanigans like goog, fb, or amazon.

ok, took a while on sbf but found the thread on android issues. buried in the politics folder.
https://www.sammyboy.com/threads/android-issues.196880/

there's another thread that discusses data mining, and i've posted gobs of details on how android and some apps sniff you out 24 by 7, even when you're napping. forgot the title of thread. started not by me.

I know about Amazon, google...etc. I use Apple products not that I fully trust them, at least they are 99.99% honest about their privacy protection, though, you still dig deep & find some settings in settings, they honestly "track" you.

I question I ask is, say you are GMS, the prominent, "opposition bite opposition" guy, & the Can not eat in Hougang, Hylam Curry Rice Stall type, he subscribe to say, Sing & Tell as his Telco or others. He needs his NRIC to register a line right..I am sure, without his knowledge, in the computer system, there is a red flag symbol attached to that NRIC number. Will there be a tracking on his line or some software embed onto his device to snoop on him?

or any other telco or any Singapore citizen or ......

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know about Amazon, google...etc. I use Apple products not that I fully trust them, at least they are 99.99% honest about their privacy protection, though, you still dig deep & find some settings in settings, they honestly "track" you.

I question I ask is, say you are GMS, the prominent, "opposition bite opposition" guy, & the Can not eat in Hougang, Hylam Curry Rice Stall type, he subscribe to say, Sing & Tell as his Telco or others. He needs his NRIC to register a line right..I am sure, without his knowledge, in the computer system, there is a red flag symbol attached to that NRIC number. Will there be a tracking on his line or some software embed onto his device to snoop on him?

or any other telco or any Singapore citizen or ......
the sg gov doesn't have the wherewithal, expertise to crack the os and exabytes of server space to do that. moreover, for gms, he is free to do damage to the oppies. no need to track him. can easily rely on fb and goog to turn over data with a gov request if he goes rogue. fb and goog will know which mistress, hotel, and or prostitute and geylang brothel he hangs out with frequently. :wink: :p

Truth_Hurts

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was told don't use the ah tiong proprietary chips like Kirin etc. That where the leak is. Just stick with phones that use Qualcomm chips. But ah sai willsay different

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I have zero trust in any phone that runs android so the iPhone is my only option no matter how crap it is.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok no point I buy the android version of gayphones. No SD card n no 3.5mm headphone jack..is pointless

The point of having no 3.5mm jack is to free one from cables...I have to spend time untangling them, even I have cable organiser, 2 mins of time wasted..when blue tooth came along I was so happy...

Cables & jacks go way back to hifi days...when one have to long wires for head phones so cumbersome...& when I first bought the Sony Cassette Walkman...cables...walkman CD cable...etc.

Be Liberated...no 3.5mm jack...SD card ok...that I wish the iPhones have them...there is no android version of iPhone.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The point of having no 3.5mm jack is to free one from cables...I have to spend time untangling them, even I have cable organiser, 2 mins of time wasted..when blue tooth came along I was so happy...

Cables & jacks go way back to hifi days...when one have to long wires for head phones so cumbersome...& when I first bought the Sony Cassette Walkman...cables...walkman CD cable...etc.

Be Liberated...no 3.5mm jack...SD card ok...that I wish the iPhones have them...there is no android version of iPhone.

I have to agree wjtw you and I cannot stop using this after I started more than a year ago

IMG_20180422_182737.jpg

Truth_Hurts

Alfrescian
Loyal
When i say android version of faggot phone..I mean an Android phone without the SD card and 3.5mm jack..the SD card is to Save data because if the phone dies. Happened to me b4 and lost some data.. without the SD card it would have been worse..at least SD card can slot into another phone... headphone jack is incase those Bluetooth earphones no power..can still use the wires ones.

The reason sd cards and head phone jack's are being eliminated is because the phones are trying to save real estate so they can pack more shit and save cost..like no SD card is to force buyers to pay more for 128 or 256 GB phones..no head phone jack so more space for other shit....that was why the galaxy S6 was a failure because it became an iPhone in forcing the customer to accept the demands of the seller.. so ppl kpkb n till date S9 got these 2 essential components. This is the reason I never touch faggot phones..I am a customer I buy the phone I want..the phone manufacturers don't tell me what I should do without or what I should have. Like the way faggot phones does. Faggot phones are like going to a restaurant and say I want salad and chips and steak. But the restaurant say... no chips..u eat bake potato..no salad..u eat coleslaw.. and steak I have it well done..despite I want it medium rare..this sort of restaurant..u want to go? And still have to pay premium for such junk service

Last edited: