• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TR run by delusional peasants. Someone tell Joseph Ong to wake up.

Truthspeaker

My friend sent me a link to this article in TR http://www.temasekreview.com/2011/04/13/tin-pei-ling-the-queen-sacrifice/ saying that it was an interesting conspiracy theory.

I went there for a read. Its been awhile, I hardly go to that site after the first time long ago, when I wasn't impressed by the unbalanced articles that sound like they were written by disenfranchised "lepers" bordering on psychosis. I didn't think much of the site after.

Other than the column's blatant naivete that Tin Pei Ling was perceived with 'queenly' status by the PAP (hilarious, I know), something in it caught my attention.

"The Quarry
On 10 April, NSP held its first party-level walkabout in Marine Parade, possibly hinting at a contest in Marine Parade. Internal sources say that two of NSP’s candidates, Tony Tan and Hazel Poa are likely to contest in Marine Parade GRC. With good academic qualifications ( first class honours from Cambridge University), high flying civil service careers followed by experience as entrepreneurs in the private sector, the couple do fit the bill as trump cards for NSP. For a party bent on contesting up to 5 GRCs, placing all its trump cards in one constituency could qualify as placing all its eggs in one basket. However, there is little choice since it would probably take NSP’s entire hand to contest against a charming ex-general and a shrewd ex-Prime Minister. What follows is to see if NSP takes the bait."

I applaud the brave people out there who fight for causes they believe in like Joseph Ong and his friends, but please, when you don't know what's going on, you just don't. You can't and don't know everything, and being from NUS and then in a private healthcare group, you really have no clue about the nuances and little details that make all the difference in arguments and suppositions like this. This is simply not your scene, Joseph.

I'm politically neutral and am neither a supporter of the ruling party or any opposition party. I've yet to cast a vote before as I was overseas studying in the last election. But the fact is, I know tons of PSC scholars who were and some currently in service. Some are ex sec school and JC mates, my friends, and one a family member.

When Tony Tan and Hazel Poa first surfaced as RP members some time ago, all my friends IN THE SYSTEM unanimously said that none of the people in governance, the politicians were worried at all. Why I asked? Because all they saw are two of the many scholars who left after their bond was up and Tony Tan, especially is perceived as a lightweight by the system.

More than a few said "The scholar couple Hazel and Tony don’t come close to the trump cards PAP has. That Tony is just an SMS, not even an OMS. OMS, maybe, some alarm but they’re not jumping.
The day, if it ever comes, that any opposition party can get a SAFOS or a presidents OMS, PAP will jump. And it will lose sleep."

About 100 overseas scholars are minted every year, including those from PSC, non PSC ones given out by individual organs of state, GLC and stat board. Scholarships have been awarded since the early 1900s, increasingly in number in the 70s and 80s. Many scholars leave after their bond, just as there are many that stay the course. Is PAP really going into a seizure or does it really find it so incredibly, earth-shatteringly unbelievably shocking that out of these massive numbers of leavers over the years since the 70s, a pair (one OMS and one puny inconsequential SMS that isn't even recognised by the PSC) decided to join the opposition? Seriously? If you even came from RJC but didn't have any PSC scholar friends, you probably still even have made this mistake.

An SMS is nothing to them. This is a fact. All they see when they think of one, is someone who couldn't even get a PSC scholarship. An OMS, a little worried that it could be the start of a very alarming trend for them, but they'll file it under cause for concern and to be investigated and dealt with quickly to arrest future upheavals. Knickers in a twist and rolling over? No.

This goes beyond the perception of the top civil servant or ex scholar political leaders. The position of PSC overseas scholars as a cut above the other overseas scholars is practically structurally in place. Its actually bureaucratically cemented and accepted.

This is a fact, and this is how the people in the system, whether the scholars themselves or the powers that be feel.

Anyway when I tried to tell TR readers this, for the sake of enlightenment and exchange of viewpoints, the moderator, presumably Joseph Ong, barred my comment.

It seems that Joseph & friends fear the truth or anything that doesn't serve their agenda, and only “show” comments that denounces the government, even at the expense of realism. Which I think is really sad for a blog that claims to be fighting for the rights of Singaporeans.

Such an ostrich mentality makes me hope deeply that not everyone who stands against the incumbent party is of such quality and calibre.