• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TPL is PM poison for SM to kick SM out of PAP

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The key difference is that in 1992, GCT was PM. He drew the boundaries and put all the choice constituiencies into Marine Parade. The strong electoral showing created the perception that GCT is widely popular and liked.

Forward to 2011 and LHL is PM. He has redrawn the boundaries so that all the shit and crap is in Marine Parade. He has also taken out choice constituiencies like Mountbatten which has been carved out into a SMC ...
did ah loon put his choice constituencies in2 his own amk? ... :confused:

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
did ah loon put his choice constituencies in2 his own amk? ... :confused:

Of course he did. That is why the result from GE 2006 was such a shocker.

This round, he has redrawn AMK to try and further bolster his own popularity. He has also surrounded himself with a 5 man army to make sure he gets re-elected.

With the current configuration, it will be a shock if he still fails to get more than 70% should RP chose to contest in AMK.

Last edited:

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
The key difference is that in 1992, GCT was PM. He drew the boundaries and put all the choice constituiencies into Marine Parade. The strong electoral showing created the perception that GCT is widely popular and liked.

Forward to 2011 and LHL is PM. He has redrawn the boundaries so that all the shit and crap is in Marine Parade. He has also taken out choice constituiencies like Mountbatten which has been carved out into a SMC.

It is because of these demographic changes more than anything else that makes NSP want to contest in Marine Parade.

The redrawing of boundaries will not make any difference for Goh in Marine Parade GRC. You will find that out when the results are announced.

-

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha, read today ST, PAP selection last round is done by PM. All these while we hear about SM and PM not seeing eye to eye with each other, so PM want to kick SM out but cannot la, so give TPL to SM. when Marine Parade is lost, so SM is out of PAP.
How you people think?

Interesting thought.

Then again, since TPL hubby is PM's PPS...hmmm.

Am still waiting for some sensible performance from TPL. Her responses to the media so far has been extremely weak - to say the least!

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha, read today ST, PAP selection last round is done by PM. All these while we hear about SM and PM not seeing eye to eye with each other, so PM want to kick SM out but cannot la, so give TPL to SM. when Marine Parade is lost, so SM is out of PAP.
How you people think?

Here is further evidence of the split. PAP's offical election manifesto is: Securing Our Future Together.

GCT's manifesto is: To make <Singapore> Great, Gracious, Generous and Green, into a 4G Home.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1124434/1/.html

How often do you see 1 political party have 2 manifestos?

If GCT’s 4G manifesto sounds familiar, it is because he was talking about it prior to the release of the official PAP manifesto for GE 2011. To be precise, it was when he was talking about PAP leadership renewal, about how Ministers should be limited to 2 terms and how we should be getting a new PM soon.

If you look at things from this light, then it is obvious that the buddy system proposed by GCT is NOT to help the 2 greenhorns grow but to ensure that they do not steal the grassroots organisation from him. The 2 PAP MPs are less mentor and more like armed gaurds.

At this point in time, grassroots in Marine Parade is probably still loyal to GCT. How long they will remain so remains a queston. Also there will be questions of who has defected and is working for the Lee side.

Last edited:

sosoheaven

Alfrescian
Loyal
So sad, I see GCT has aged in a few days. From his replies in this video http://www.razor.tv/site/servlet/segment/main/specials/General_Election/62780.html, you can almost sense the strain - he is definitely fed up with TPL. Check his body language and frustration - "..it's PM's and the younger minister's battle. MM and myself have fought many battles, now it's up to them." I read it as...I gave you (LHL) feedback, u ignored my view and shoved this newbie unto my plate. so lan lan I'd have to deal with the prb my way...bingo! I come up with buddy system! Muahahaha...

As for TPL...check this clip. She is not at all at ease with being interviewed and comes across as an amateur. Ask the hawkers freeze their prices for 6mths..TPL..are u gg to ask HDB or whoever to reduce their rents for 6mths? http://www.razor.tv/site/servlet/segment/main/specials/General_Election/62780.html

RealSingaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha, SM keep say fight as a team, mean there is weak point in this team, let see can NSP good at wacking this weak point and let NSP good point shine.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
So easy to predict?
You better keep your day job.

Marine Parade GRC worst showing by far was 72.9% in 1992. Understandably since then no opposition had wanted to contest at Marine Parade. So 70% is not a stretch given GCT's popularity there.

-

ktc5972

Alfrescian
Loyal
@Char_Azn, its so immature of you to judge a person based on their academic qualifications. After a certain age, it is not a requirement at all. There was a time when paper-chasing culture is so prevalent, ending with a large group of misplaced young men. Most choose a career of their choice & not on their academic field. If one loves to do a certain job, it becomes a second nature to excel in it. Young man, remember to follow your heart & not your brains. You will definitely excel.