• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Toyota hybrid winning

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get a used diesel. Super reliable. Lazy torquey engine. And. Super economical. You can get this brand new in thailand for abour $15k

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Tesla worker killed in fiery crash may be first ‘Full Self-Driving’ fatality​

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/tesla-worker-killed-in-fiery-crash-may-be-first-18665048.php

fsd epic fail on curvy mountainous road killed tesla worker who was confident and cocksure about fsd prowess. he basically died for his beliefs and passion.

There are 4000 road deaths in California annually. 1 caused by FSD 3999 caused by humans.

I guess neither are perfect. However one entity has the potential to get a lot better whereas the other is getting a lot worse.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The Washington Post is never going to say anything nice about Tesla.

Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 8.52.06 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 8.54.03 AM.png

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are 4000 road deaths in California annually. 1 caused by FSD 3999 caused by humans.

I guess neither are perfect. However one entity has the potential to get a lot better whereas the other is getting a lot worse.
i’ll never try fsd on remote and underused snowy and curvy mountain roads yet. not enough user, traffic, and vehicular data to help with ai modeling. plus, sensors, lidars, cams in concert with ai software are not so advanced yet. may be in 2069. these fanboys who think a tesla ev equipped with fsd can go anywhere on this planet do not understand big data and ai science.

Last edited:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is definitely a bad news for Japan because China will take this opportunity to attack and de militaries Japan
China in my opinion only look good on paper. Their navy and their air force is largely untested unknown.

Looking at it. If they dare to kick a war with their any neighbours, they will be whack all round by Japan, South Korea and Taiwan . Take this opportunity and cut up china for that World's sake.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
China in my opinion only look good on paper. Their navy and their air force is largely untested unknown.

Looking at it. If they dare to kick a war with their any neighbours, they will be whack all round by Japan, South Korea and Taiwan . Take this opportunity and cut up china for that World's sake.
You mean! Like in the days of jin snd song dynasty. Or chop it into even smaller pieces?

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
EV's are selling due to gomen tax incentives for buyers plus EV makers such as tesla earn billions selling their carbon credits to legacy car manufacturers while those manufacturers still lagging are penalised in the billions as they fail to " decarbonised" quickly enough.

European luxury brand found out its more profitable to manufacture their EV's in china.

Plus battery technology has not reached its optimum plateau and prices keeps dropping while energy density stored keeps going up resulting in either longer range or lighter EV's snd cheaper models.

So if you get a EV model now, it will be worthless if a newer model has a longer lasting batteries, longer range and far cheaper than when you bought it.

Best get a used non EV car till the dust settled.
Hybrid also can

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tesla will be overtaken by those cheap Chinese makes within the next 2 years. It's already happening in the Scandinavian countries. Elon Musk's balls will shrink, not to mention that he'll also have to compete against the Germans as well as his own American brands like Rivian, GM and Ford. Elon Musk is a real fuck. He's very boastful, arrogant, cocky and talks too much on social media. No other American bigwigs does so like him. Many would prefer to stay in a low profile.

I am also of the opinion that going forward, Hybrids are the way to go. EVs cannot be sustained unless they have newer batteries that can be recharged to 80% in less than 10 minutes, but then this will be at the expense of a very much shorter battery lifespan. One cannot have the best of both worlds.

EV with hydrogen support

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tesla will be overtaken by those cheap Chinese makes within the next 2 years. It's already happening in the Scandinavian countries. Elon Musk's balls will shrink, not to mention that he'll also have to compete against the Germans as well as his own American brands like Rivian, GM and Ford. Elon Musk is a real fuck. He's very boastful, arrogant, cocky and talks too much on social media. No other American bigwigs does so like him. Many would prefer to stay in a low profile.

I am also of the opinion that going forward, Hybrids are the way to go. EVs cannot be sustained unless they have newer batteries that can be recharged to 80% in less than 10 minutes, but then this will be at the expense of a very much shorter battery lifespan. One cannot have the best of both worlds.
Elon and in general the yanks big auto manufacturers have only themselves v to blame for b the chicons b at their doorstep. The yanks were the first in having a commercial EV but killed it due to their short sightedness and greed in not wanting to invest in new technologies. Keep existing ICE vehicles cheaper n better for profits. And this killing of the yank EV gave Toyota the hindsight to invest in hybrids and after sticking to it for decades. The 5th gen hybrid hits the sweet spot in efficiency and reliability etc. Even Subaru n Suzuki are using Toyota hybrid tech in their new vehicles.

And if Tesla get fuck up by BYD...Elon has only himself to blame. B4 Elon set up his fucktory in Chicon land, he kpkb about being forced into a JV if he wants to invest in chicons land. So the chicons let him have his own factory in Chicon land n he swallows it hook line n sinker. By going into the Chicon market, he thought he would have access to Chicon market etc...but now his products are discriminated by the chicons. And by being in the Chicon market he helped develop the battery supply chain in Chicon land giving a leg up to the Chicon battery companies etc.

And look at how the yanks failed to keep their own supply chain for critical minerals etc n they essentially shit themselves in the head. All the short term thinking n demand for a quick buck had fucked the yanks over n they reap what they sow.

And for EVs etc, I have checked out the BYD n Tesla, the Tesla is way overpriced and the interior is fucked up compared to the BYD...I would have taken the BYD but I settled for a Toyota hybrid because of the reliability and quality build over the BYD. If BYD was better built, better priced n resale holds. I would have gotten the BYD instead.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
while millions of tesla evs are the road everyday collecting big data for its ai engine, waymo (google or alphabet ev subsidiary) encounters a serious problem in phoenix with its fleet of robotaxis. 2 of them collided with the same pickup truck within minutes apart and the same vicinity. to add comedy to collision, the pickup truck wasn’t even driven. it was towed by a tow truck, seemingly moving backwards or reversing, with its front facing oncoming traffic and titled in its rear as it had to be lifted to be towed. apparently the waymo ai software couldn’t figure out the anomaly in traffic and kept crashing into the helpless pickup truck. may be the robotaxis were trying to do a “pickup” of a sexy truck.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
while millions of tesla evs are the road everyday collecting big data for its ai engine, waymo (google or alphabet ev subsidiary) encounters a serious problem in phoenix with its fleet of robotaxis. 2 of them collided with the same pickup truck within minutes apart and the same vicinity. to add comedy to collision, the pickup truck wasn’t even driven. it was towed by a tow truck, seemingly moving backwards or reversing, with its front facing oncoming traffic and titled in its rear as it had to be lifted to be towed. apparently the waymo ai software couldn’t figure out the anomaly in traffic and kept crashing into the helpless pickup truck. may be the robotaxis were trying to do a “pickup” of a sexy truck.

The use of LIDAR should have prevented that. The biggest criticism of Tesla's "vision only" strategy was that it was two dimensional and therefore prone to serious errors as a result of the inability of the system to judge distance accurately.

Looks like LIDAR failed in the incident you describe above or the collision should have been prevented no matter how the object was interpreted via the cameras.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The use of LIDAR should have prevented that. The biggest criticism of Tesla's "vision only" strategy was that it was two dimensional and therefore prone to serious errors as a result of the inability of the system to judge distance accurately.

Looks like LIDAR failed in the incident you describe above or the collision should have been prevented no matter how the object was interpreted via the cameras.
google may be forced to share info on the root cause of this incident as both the state dmv and federal nhtsa may step in to investigate as they did in the case of the cruise accident in sf that shut down its fleet and caused its ceo to resign.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Elon and in general the yanks big auto manufacturers have only themselves v to blame for b the chicons b at their doorstep. The yanks were the first in having a commercial EV but killed it due to their short sightedness and greed in not wanting to invest in new technologies. Keep existing ICE vehicles cheaper n better for profits. And this killing of the yank EV gave Toyota the hindsight to invest in hybrids and after sticking to it for decades. The 5th gen hybrid hits the sweet spot in efficiency and reliability etc. Even Subaru n Suzuki are using Toyota hybrid tech in their new vehicles.

And if Tesla get fuck up by BYD...Elon has only himself to blame. B4 Elon set up his fucktory in Chicon land, he kpkb about being forced into a JV if he wants to invest in chicons land. So the chicons let him have his own factory in Chicon land n he swallows it hook line n sinker. By going into the Chicon market, he thought he would have access to Chicon market etc...but now his products are discriminated by the chicons. And by being in the Chicon market he helped develop the battery supply chain in Chicon land giving a leg up to the Chicon battery companies etc.

And look at how the yanks failed to keep their own supply chain for critical minerals etc n they essentially shit themselves in the head. All the short term thinking n demand for a quick buck had fucked the yanks over n they reap what they sow.

And for EVs etc, I have checked out the BYD n Tesla, the Tesla is way overpriced and the interior is fucked up compared to the BYD...I would have taken the BYD but I settled for a Toyota hybrid because of the reliability and quality build over the BYD. If BYD was better built, better priced n resale holds. I would have gotten the BYD instead.
Resale value of Ev in chicon land is fuck up. You can wait to buy a 2nd hand or you buy a 2nd hand full petrol or diesel car which is even better.