• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Top Management Demanded Staff Names for 24th Dec - Retrenchment Exercise.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
when there's a retrenchment, it means the management is screwed up! :biggrin:

simple as that, time to LBOs those companies! :biggrin::biggrin:

This is true. Usually a company or organisation fails its employees more than the other way round.

That is why i would rather retrend all the deadwoods first as they are the ones that screw up the most by not havong any solutions and instead give more of the problems by taking up the space.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

For weeks, I have been trying to propose some plan to retain all my staff but in vain.<O:p</O:p
.<O:p</O:p

Now I am given 2 weeks to submit retrenchment list.<O:p</O:p

Can someone please give me some idea?<O:p</O:p

Thank you.:(:(

Ok It appears you need alot of help. Concentrate on the positives, ignore the negatives.

You'll be surprised to learn that there are many people willing to be retrenched. It is one of the strategies to conduct this exercise to incorporate this aspect to achieve win-win outcomes. Basic requirement for this is your cose working with HR Dept and your own staff. How well do you know them?

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those have contributed valuable information more or less have help me, I wish to say thank you very much.:smile:

I will be going to London head office for meeting with some hope until all options exhausted then retrenchment will be the last.:o

Once again, thank you and may your job remain secure while it still last.:smile:

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have 37 staff (includings: 1 Manager, 1 Assistant Manager, 1 Senior Executive - AsiaPac) altogether in Asia pacific. I'm requested to give 21 names list.

I'm sure if you were me, it's not going to be that easy to accomplish such task especially someone rice bowl.
That leaves 16 staff. You need to do the following

1) Recast your team with the best 16 that are able to to carry the new objectives of your business. There will be some who are really good but their skill set may not be needed.

2) Don't propose paycut. They will immediately know that you have little clue about PL businesses and basic HR methodology. Paycut only works in some circumstances, usually symbolic and must cascade from the top to work. Applies to whole organisation or the upper ranks. Paycut will actually drive your best people to leave.

3) Nobody in his right frame will have retrenchment unless the business is bleeding. Its part and parcel of business. It is how it is applied and the mechanics of it that will show if it professionally or badly done.

4) If you are not aware of the new direction or objectives of your team and the organisation, bring along 2 or 3 different models of the 16 staff that may apply to 2 or 3 different possible scenarios. It will show that you have foresight and a good manager.

5) Do not discuss retrenchment with your staff. It makes the situation worse. Do not confide with one or a few, it will leak. Staff will be stressed out if told with no details. Unless your staff live in a different planet, they would know the company situation and it will not be a surprised.

6) If possible do some planning and offer some plans to increase revenue if more staff are able to be retained. You must show the sums and revenue opportunities clearly. This is where you can help the staff.

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
That leaves 16 staff. You need to do the following

1) Recast your team with the best 16 that are able to to carry the new objectives of your business. There will be some who are really good but their skill set may not be needed.

2) Don't propose paycut. They will immediately know that you have little clue about PL businesses and basic HR methodology. Paycut only works in some circumstances, usually symbolic and must cascade from the top to work. Applies to whole organisation or the upper ranks. Paycut will actually drive your best people to leave.

3) Nobody in his right frame will have retrenchment unless the business is bleeding. Its part and parcel of business. It is how it is applied and the mechanics of it that will show if it professionally or badly done.

4) If you are not aware of the new direction or objectives of your team and the organisation, bring along 2 or 3 different models of the 16 staff that may apply to 2 or 3 different possible scenarios. It will show that you have foresight and a good manager.

5) Do not discuss retrenchment with your staff. It makes the situation worse. Do not confide with one or a few, it will leak. Staff will be stressed out if told with no details. Unless your staff live in a different planet, they would know the company situation and it will not be a surprised.

6) If possible do some planning and offer some plans to increase revenue if more staff are able to be retained. You must show the sums and revenue opportunities clearly. This is where you can help the staff.

Dear Scroobal,

I noted your valuable points.
Thank you very much for your kind effort.

May you have a wonderful holiday.

Warmth Regards,
NissanViP

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry, no intention to insult, but any manager worth his salt would immediately know whom to cull first.

What's your problem?:confused:

do you cull someone with S$3K paycheck first or you cull someone with S$30K paycheck to save some monies? :biggrin:

n01215

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not as heartless as you equally like LEE KUAN YEW scum.

You will be history if i have a staff like you, not only history, I will post in the forum about you to make sure everyone knows what kind of person you are, that you dont even deserve to get decent employment for life.

If you intend to run your own business, I'll make sure your business will collapse too.

1) for a person of your supposed stature to come here for advice
2) yet make disparaging remarks about others
3) and indulge in childish threats

it's a clear cut display of your weak management ability.

you are either a fake (which i think is the case) or you should really put yourself on the list! :eek:

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a good question.

It is sad to see a manager able to regurgitate qns for a retrenchment exercise. Can't you think of any qns of your own.

Anyway for the above question, you need a series of other questions preceeding that to come to an answer. If you can't figure it out, I wonder how you got promoted? Is it by sucking up of just being able to do your past jobs well?

Whomever promoted you did not do a proper analytical skill check on you.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are LEE KUAN YEW wannabe. disregards humanity, just to win for self benefit only.

Simple theory just the same way LKY did the same for the LEE's family.

You are history!!

Gulit is all in your words....enjoy your merciless work.

Cant wait for that day when a fellow employee floored you.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) for a person of your supposed stature to come here for advice
2) yet make disparaging remarks about others
3) and indulge in childish threats

it's a clear cut display of your weak management ability.

you are either a fake (which i think is the case) or you should really put yourself on the list! :eek:

anyone who come to a forum to ask for a serious advice aint worth his salt of any kind.

anyway he is just looking for some shoulder to cry on for the merciless task he is about to do. he has no remorse about it. Just plain wayang.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Top Management Demanded Staff Names for 24th Dec - Retrenchment Exercise.

your london office must be a place for all sickos..to retrench on Xmas eve.....:wink:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KBthi_An5qQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KBthi_An5qQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

n01215

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone who come to a forum to ask for a serious advice aint worth his salt of any kind.

anyway he is just looking for some shoulder to cry on for the merciless task he is about to do. he has no remorse about it. Just plain wayang.

what remorse, bro? he wreaks of a red herring.. very fishy lah.
what kinda manager will approach a forum for advice?
the fake kind lor :biggrin: