• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Top 10 reason why 2 party system is bad

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Clown Prince say that 2 party system for Singapore is bad, here's 10 real reason that he can't say in the open.

Top 10 real reason why 2 party system is bad for me.

1.) There will be real debate in parliament, which I can't handle it.

2.) People will start to compare and I will look less smarter then they think I am.

3.) My Father will be out of job since I can't anyhow pass bills to justify his MM post

4.) Prata man may be out of job when more candidate are allowed to run for Presidential election.

5.) My wife may be fired and her ranking for "Most powerful woman in the world" will crash.

6.) The country may actually strive under the 2 party system and makes me look bad.

7.) There will be real election that I can actually loose.

8.) I will be held accountable, which my party is totally against since my father's days.

9.) My work load actually increase by trying to fix all the opposition but my pay went down.

10.) I may be out of job in the next election and ended up having to make an honest living, which I'm totally against.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Clown Prince say that 2 party system for Singapore is bad, here's 10 real reason that he can't say in the open.

2.) People will start to compare and I will look less smarter then they think I am.

3.) My Father will be out of job since I can't anyhow pass bills to justify his MM post

4.) Prata man may be out of job when more candidate are allowed to run for Presidential election.

5.) My wife may be fired and her ranking for "Most powerful woman in the world" will crash.

6.) The country may actually strive under the 2 party system and makes me look bad.

8.) I will held accountable, which my party is totally against since my father's days.

9.) My work load actually increase by trying to fix all the opposition but my pay went down.

10.) I may be out of job in the next election and ended up having to make an honest living, which I'm totally against.

:eek::eek::eek: if these are the top 10 reasons, that means there are more reasons why the PM thinks 2-party system is bad??? :eek::eek::eek:

molly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not going to happen if the other parties don't unite. (In other words, they fight among themselves)

PAP has a lot more to fear in a 2 party system. The more they fight, the happier PAP is.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not going to happen if the other parties don't unite. (In other words, they fight among themselves)

PAP has a lot more to fear in a 2 party system. The more they fight, the happier PAP is.

I have to hand it to Dirty Harry for destroying all credible opposition by using the ISD and our Kangaroo court system.

Whatever his argument is, the facts remains the same, he did it secure his power base.

For someone who have the country interest at heart, will not slot in family, friends and cronies into key institutions to form a power base so strong, that they can continue to rule for the next 40 years.

Dan Now

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Ein,

Its been a long time. And Kudos to your excellent posting.

Clearly Ah Long wants a ONE PARTY SYSTEM SO THAT they can continue to earn their top salary and her wifey can continue to ran Temasek, without any checks and balance.

Thats the No.1 reason.

8.) I will be held accountable, which my party is totally against since my father's days.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Very well done bro.

wizard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well Done...

I am realistic that it will not happen but if it is 55% PAP and 45% Opposition I am happy and enough to scare the shit out of them...

100 children chose what fruit they like 66 chose PiAPple 33 chose WaterPelon

Out of 33 children 6 smart one able to convince 2 in the 66 group to eat WaterPelon.

That make 45 children eat WaterPelon.

The children live happily ever after.

As for you are you in (66) (33) or (6 in the 33)?

THINK HARD

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Ein,

Its been a long time. And Kudos to your excellent posting.

Clearly Ah Long wants a ONE PARTY SYSTEM SO THAT they can continue to earn their top salary and her wifey can continue to ran Temasek, without any checks and balance.

Thats the No.1 reason.

Bro Dan,

Good to see you again, Dirty harry will sue anyone who say he is Dirty and he reinforce it by making all his cronies wear white.

A really clean party don't have to wayang, just be open for independent audit and be accountable.

So he can be in a sparkling white shirt but some of us see m&d stained all over it.

BTW, we do have leaders that totally endorse his theory of 1 party system, people like Saddam, Gadaffi, Man Man Kim from N Korea, just to name a few Despot.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our "First pass the post" system is advanatges to PAP, for now.
This is not a good system because 33% of us are not represented in the parliament, it's a winner takes all system.

However, when one day the scale tip against the Pappy and 51% vote for opposition in a few GEC, we will see opposition flooding into Parliament.

I'm sure Pinky will want to change the constitution when that happen to replace this system with "Proportionate Representation system" to prevent a land slide win on the opposition side or they will form the new government, a non PAP government for the first time, making history in Singapore Politics.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal

Frankly after he saw how Obama won a fortnight ago, he was pretty scared. He's scared of a grassroots effort that might be able to harness people's support to kick him out- with time- of the PM post. And since that's gonna be a while away, and at a time his ah-pa possibly wouldn't be around anymore, he's genuinely afraid.

Hence, the hasty gaffe. In the end, though those words could possibly come back and haunt him. With the internet, some could be filing these stuff away for future use. Words that have been filed online have a nasty habit on rebounding on you, especially those which were said so long ago- until even yourself may have forgotten entirely.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly after he saw how Obama won a fortnight ago, he was pretty scared. He's scared of a grassroots effort that might be able to harness people's support to kick him out- with time- of the PM post. And since that's gonna be a while away, and at a time his ah-pa possibly wouldn't be around anymore, he's genuinely afraid.

Hence, the hasty gaffe. In the end, though those words could possibly come back and haunt him. With the internet, some could be filing these stuff away for future use. Words that have been filed online have a nasty habit on rebounding on you, especially those which were said so long ago- until even yourself may have forgotten entirely.

I'm sure not the whole lot he address agrees but what we see is a whole sea of white in silence.

Are they stupid? No I think they are smarter then 66% who vote them in but all choose to stay silence to preserve their own selfish interest rather then our nation's interest.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm sure not the whole lot he address agrees but what we see is a whole sea of white in silence.

Are they stupid? No I think they are smarter then 66% who vote them in but all choose to stay silence to preserve their own selfish interest rather then our nation's interest.

LHL tends to gaffe when his father isn't around physically, and when he's under a lot of pressure. I think its a character trait: under pressure, and he will stumble.

With the father and a obedient press, LHL and his people will not make too many; without the father, who knows what the future may bring. Still, it would take a few people to pressure LHL down, once his father is gone. The father is his mandate; take away his mandate, and we will see how he and his party reacts.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
LHL tends to gaffe when his father isn't around physically, and when he's under a lot of pressure. I think its a character trait: under pressure, and he will stumble.

With the father and a obedient press, LHL and his people will not make too many; without the father, who knows what the future may bring. Still, it would take a few people to pressure LHL down, once his father is gone. The father is his mandate; take away his mandate, and we will see how he and his party reacts.

If someone believes 100% in what he do, is for the nation, he will not stumble, because what he say will be logical, truthful and simple.

However, you can try something like "Raising GST is to benefit the poor" and "2 party system is bad for Singapore"
I'm sure you will stumble too.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
If someone believes 100% in what he do, is for the nation, he will not stumble, because what he say will be logical, truthful and simple.

However, you can try something like "Raising GST is to benefit the poor" and "2 party system is bad for Singapore"
I'm sure you will stumble too.

When you try to explain away what is essentially BS, even the best politician will stumble. The point is that LHL is a bad liar, unlike his father. His father can control his basic body language; the son cannot.

And when its plainly obvious on TV that LHL's stumbling, astute observers will know that he's stumbling, in trying to mislead everyone.

Compare Obama with LHL, and Obama, you know, is a better politician. Also Obama is more convincing because he tells way more truth than most politicians and his control of body language is top class.

Just compare and contrast the two men in terms of rallies, TV interviews, the like. So I think LHL is his own worst enemy. His father is his second, especially with LKY's own legacy. In politics, sometimes your biggest strength is also your biggest weaknesses. Is LHL ready for 21st century politics, or does he long for Qing Dynasty politics?

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Compare Obama with LHL, and Obama, you know, is a better politician. Also Obama is more convincing because he tells way more truth than most politicians and his control of body language is top class.

Just compare and contrast the two men in terms of rallies, TV interviews, the like. So I think LHL is his own worst enemy. His father is his second, especially with LKY's own legacy. In politics, sometimes your biggest strength is also your biggest weaknesses. Is LHL ready for 21st century politics, or does he long for Qing Dynasty politics?

Obama had to fight tooth and nail, first within his own party for leadership representation against fellow democrat Hilary, and then finally against McCain of the Republican party. What did LHL do to become PM? Even those surrounding him got their way into parliament the soft way, along a specially prepared smooth paved road.

So if one only has the experience of picking made-to-order low hanging fruits one does not develop a capability of climbing trees. This is the truth of our MIW's and also this is why they have no good reason to boast that they are the best and deserve to be paid out-of-this-world salaries, resulting in us having to suffer because of their ineptness.

Dan Now

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Dan,

Good to see you again, Dirty harry will sue anyone who say he is Dirty and he reinforce it by making all his cronies wear white.

A really clean party don't have to wayang, just be open for independent audit and be accountable.

So he can be in a sparkling white shirt but some of us see m&d stained all over it.

BTW, we do have leaders that totally endorse his theory of 1 party system, people like Saddam, Gadaffi, Man Man Kim from N Korea, just to name a few Despot.

Another Slam dunk buddy !

Well said :smile:

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obama had to fight tooth and nail, first within his own party for leadership representation against fellow democrat Hilary, and then finally against McCain of the Republican party. What did LHL do to become PM? Even those surrounding him got their way into parliament the soft way, along a specially prepared smooth paved road.

So if one only has the experience of picking made-to-order low hanging fruits one does not develop a capability of climbing trees. This is the truth of our MIW's and also this is why they have no good reason to boast that they are the best and deserve to be paid out-of-this-world salaries, resulting in us having to suffer because of their ineptness.

That's why the opposition must expand its presence in Parliament- only to jolt the PAP out of their daydream. Obviously if they still don't heed the signs, its politically a good thing for all of the opposition parties.

To see if LHL's sword-fighting skills are actually good enough as they claim means that he has to come out to fight- to prove physically he can. And if he refuses to come out, then we have to start it. Winning more seats and ensuring more bold policy questioning will mean more accountability and transparency, and then we will see if LHL is up in being PM and if the opposition has an even brighter future than now.

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why the opposition must expand its presence in Parliament- only to jolt the PAP out of their daydream. Obviously if they still don't heed the signs, its politically a good thing for all of the opposition parties.

To see if LHL's sword-fighting skills are actually good enough as they claim means that he has to come out to fight- to prove physically he can. And if he refuses to come out, then we have to start it. Winning more seats and ensuring more bold policy questioning will mean more accountability and transparency, and then we will see if LHL is up in being PM and if the opposition has an even brighter future than now.

Agree with you. All the signs point to his greatest fear that he and his team have to show what they are made of, against real opposition in the parliament.

Not only is having substantial opposition in parliament good for the opposition but the best thing that can ever happen for Singapore and for its citizens.