• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Today's Scripture Reading

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
[You are encouraged to freely share the message with others as the Lord leads but please note that nothing on the message must be used for profit!]​

Today’s Scripture Reading [October 10, 2010]

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. [Matthew 16:24. KJV]

We are all living in an “IMM” world, the world that is dominated by our own selfish needs and desires. We use these three words “I”, “Me” and “Mine” so frequently each day that we lost count of them. This self-centered and self-serving behaviour is so strong and pervasive within us that we literally adopt a “couldn’t care attitude” the minute we open our door and walk out of our house. We live by the worldly doctrine of “unless I can get some benefits out of it, why should I care; every man for himself”. For many of us even though we are Christians, we still cannot deny that this is also the very the innermost part of our being. No matter how hard to try, we always find ourselves trapped inside this self-serving attitude of “I, Me and Mine” to a point that we feel the world owes us a living. We may profess to know Jesus and sincerely have the desire to walk His way but our carnal nature often points us to an opposite direction.

In Isaiah 14:13–14, Prophet Isaiah has described in a vivid manner how Satan had wanted to overthrow the throne of God and to be God himself. Satan was created to be the most beautiful creature with all the power and authority next only to God and yet He is still not satisfied. He wanted to take over everything from God and he demanded to be worshipped upon. This dissatisfaction and evil desire of Satan continues to this very day, and he spares every effort to posses them. We all know that this is a wishful thinking for Satan because He has lost his battle at the Calvary.

We must recognize that what is true in the very nature of Satan is also true in the very nature of human. Like Satan, once we have acquired the taste of good life, we just simply refuse to give up. Quite to the contrary we want more and more. How many kings or emperors have we knew throughout history had given up or abdicated their throne voluntarily in favour for their others like their children? They clung onto the throne because the throne came with wealth, power, authority and kingship respect.

Blessedly, in God’s economy this is just the opposite. As children of God, we are to abdicate our rights, to deny ourselves, to pick up the cross of Jesus and to follow Him. Easy? Absolutely not and unless we are truly living by the Spirit of Christ, it is totally impossible for any human to deny himself to serve others the way God demand of us. If we are sincere and be prepared to act and to let the Spirit of Christ to help us in abdicating our rights and denying ourselves, we can then be transformed from “Who care” to “Let’s care” attitude. This is an extremely positive result that will have great implication to our lives, our communities and more importantly to our relationship with Jesus.

The dilemma of many Christians is that while on one hand we want to serve Him, to do what is right, to please Him but our hearts often bend another way. At one point or another, we seem to have abandoned our God and without God, life becomes all about the self. We may be new Christians or ‘seasoned’ Christians, we must understand that become a Christian do not stop us from being a sinner. We have to take an honest appraisal of who we are. We must take extra care not to be influenced by others of their watered-down teaching and doctrines that we are not bad, we are not sinful and we don’t need a Saviour to redeem us. The danger of watered-down doctrines is that it may be politically correct but it is utterly satanic. This teaching is very dangerous because it denies the Deity of Christ and will have great negative influence our daily decision and our faith towards who our True God is. We will be influenced by it to decide what is right and what is wrong without due regard to God’s law. We are going to put our own opinion above that of God’s law. This watered-down politically correct teaching that we are ‘good and sinless’ is our pathway to eternal destruction. We must go back to the basic biblical truth of what God has said about us: Our mouth is full of cursing and bitterness and our feet are swift to shed blood (Romans 3:14-15), no one is righteous, and all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:10; 3:23 ) and there is no fear of God (Romans 3:18).

If you are introduced to listen to a message and you are told that it is good because it is politically correct, you must stay away from it, more so if you are a child of God! A real test of a message that you are reading or listening that is God-inspired is when someone tells you “That is a politically incorrect teaching. It really hurts.” Unlike politically incorrect messages, politically correct preaching is sweet to ears but is damning to our souls because it is not God-inspired. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is never politically correct. The death and crucifixion of Jesus is a clear testimony to this. Had only Jesus been politically correct, He would not have had to die and the world will not have Him as our Saviour! If only Jesus claimed to be “I am a Way, a Truth and a Life”, a politically correct statement, a pleasant thing for the Pharisees and for the Roman King, He would be spared from the agony on the Calvary Cross. He would not have to be born here on earth because His very presence here was to deliver the politically incorrect message that He is the Way, the Truth and the Life! Jesus chose to be politically incorrect even though He knew that He was going to pay for His life when He said: I am the Way, the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except through Me (John 14:6). I and the Father are one (John 10:30), an undeniable claim the Jesus is fully God, coequal and coeternal with God.

We have seen how many countries destroyed because people elected national leaders whom they considered as ‘good politicians’ who had spoken with all the politically correct things at a politically right time. The end result is that these elected high officials had politically cheated the people’s trust. Billion of dollars were siphoned off from the national coffers into their private bank accounts. We saw this happened to Philippines. Marcos was a great oracle and his rallies were filled with politically correct messages which moved people’s hearts and tears. In the end, people of Philippines got more than what they had bargained for: they wept till their eyes dried when they lost all their ‘heart-earned’ monies and the economy was in shamble even till this day! From one of the wealthiest countries in the 1960 in South East Asia, it became one of the poorest in less than one generation.

Let’s leave all those politically correct messages to politicians, and remember God is not a politician. God is God! As for us, our politically incorrect messages may be offensive to others but we must take great comfort and confidence in God that our politically incorrect messages are sealed with the blood of Jesus that has the power to save souls from eternal destruction. We must stay firm to our true spirituality to deny ourselves and to serve Him even if it is politically not correct to do so. This is going to come with terrible trials and tribulations especially in the last days! (2 Timothy 3:1). Regardless of who we are, we must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God (Acts 14:22). We must admit that from time to time we move from being controlled by the Spirit of Christ and enjoy His blessings and often quickly to being controlled by our own selfish and corrupt desires, perhaps pressurized by others to be politically correct just to please them. Thankfully, with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit within us, we can accomplish this special divine call to deny ourselves and to put God first, to be politically-aligned to our Perfect God rather than to this imperfect world, and to fully prepare ourselves for the last days when people are lovers of themselves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, having a form of godliness, but denying the power of God. We are further warned to stay away from these people (2 Timothy 3:2-5) because they can negatively influence us and if we are not careful, they are going to creep into our home. We have already seen many homes destroyed because they just simply don’t believe in the power of God and keep busy mingling with politically correct people that they shouldn’t be mingling with. Satan has failed miserably to take over the heavenly throne but he has a Plan B which is to destroy the Church of Jesus Christ that comprising all the believers of Jesus. This is Satan’s last battle with God. But we all know, the battle is already won by Jesus when rose from the grave.

What than is “denying our ourselves or dying to self?” Prayfully, the following short message can give you clarity on this special divine call of duty to deny ourselves (or dying to self) and to let the power of the Holy Spirit reveal to us our sinfulness, our wickedness and our weaknesses and by His power we can be strengthened to live the way God wants us to live and all for His glory, however politically incorrect it may be.

DYING TO SELF
(Author Unknown)​

WHEN you are forgotten or neglected or purposely set at naught, and you don’t sting and hurt with the insult or oversight, but your heart is happy, being counted worthy to suffer for Christ – that is dying to self.

WHEN your good is evil spoken of, when your wishes are crossed, you advice disregarded, your opinion ridiculed, and you refuse to let anger rise in your heart, or even defend yourself, but take it all in patient loving silence – that is dying to self.

WHEN you lovingly and patiently bear any disorder, any irregularity, any impunctuality or any annoyance, when you stand face to face with waste, folly, extravagance, spiritual insensibility and endure it as Jesus endured it – that is dying to self.

WHEN you never care to refer to yourself in conversation or record you own good works or itch after commendation, when you truly love to be unknown – that is dying to self.

WHEN you are content with any clothing, with any climate, any society, any solitude, any interruption by the will of God – that is dying to self.

WHEN you can see your brother prosper and have his needs met and you honestly repose with him in spirit and feel no envy nor question God while your own needs are far greater and in desperate circumstances – that is dying to self.

=======================================​

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
deny yourself, pick up the cross, follow me,,,,

cross=death,,,, not mental/spiritual death,,,,, a gruesome death,,,, slow death,,,,

don't twist jesus words, only simon got hung upside down, his only true disciple according to legend,,,,

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
deny yourself, pick up the cross, follow me,,,,

cross=death,,,, not mental/spiritual death,,,,, a gruesome death,,,, slow death,,,,

don't twist jesus words, only simon got hung upside down, his only true disciple according to legend,,,,

this idiot just blindly reading the story book without using his fucking brain ...every sunday after going church ...he will come in here and bullshit ....

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dcWR9sjBy3A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dcWR9sjBy3A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NRGnPIlclps?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NRGnPIlclps?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QGukKa1vEzA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QGukKa1vEzA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mk1owD9y1hc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mk1owD9y1hc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_ldI2FJQ_oE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_ldI2FJQ_oE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i_JRZX0zwPA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i_JRZX0zwPA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d-VA3lIAedM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d-VA3lIAedM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MeSSwKffj9o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MeSSwKffj9o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YzEs2nj7iZM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YzEs2nj7iZM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
[You are encouraged to freely share the message with others as the Lord leads but please note that nothing on the message must be used for profit!]​

Today’s Scripture Reading [October 10, 2010]

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. [Matthew 16:24. KJV]

We are all living in an “IMM” world, the world that is dominated by our own selfish needs and desires. We use these three words “I”, “Me” and “Mine” so frequently each day that we lost count of them. This self-centered and self-serving behaviour is so strong and pervasive within us that we literally adopt a “couldn’t care attitude” the minute we open our door and walk out of our house. We live by the worldly doctrine of “unless I can get some benefits out of it, why should I care; every man for himself”. For many of us even though we are Christians, we still cannot deny that this is also the very innermost part of our being. No matter how hard to try, we always find ourselves trapped inside this self-serving attitude of “I, Me and Mine” to a point that we feel the world owes us a living. We may profess to know Jesus and sincerely have the desire to walk His way but our carnal nature often points us to an opposite direction.

In Isaiah 14:13–14, Prophet Isaiah has described in a vivid manner how Satan had wanted to overthrow the throne of God and to be God himself. Satan was created to be the most beautiful creature with all the power and authority next only to God and yet He is still not satisfied. He wanted to take over everything from God and he demanded to be worshipped upon. This dissatisfaction and evil desire of Satan continues to this very day, and he spares every effort to posses them. We all know that this is a wishful thinking for Satan because He has lost his battle at the Calvary.

We must recognize that what is true in the very nature of Satan is also true in the very nature of human. Like Satan, once we have acquired the taste of good life, we just simply refuse to give up. Quite to the contrary we want more and more. How many kings or emperors have we knew throughout history had given up or abdicated their throne voluntarily in favour for their others like their children? They clung onto the throne because the throne came with wealth, power, authority and kingship respect.

Blessedly, in God’s economy this is just the opposite. As children of God, we are to abdicate our rights, to deny ourselves, to pick up the cross of Jesus and to follow Him. Easy? Absolutely not and unless we are truly living by the Spirit of Christ, it is totally impossible for any human to deny himself to serve others the way God demand of us. If we are sincere and be prepared to act and to let the Spirit of Christ to help us in abdicating our rights and denying ourselves, we can then be transformed from “Who care” to “Let’s care” attitude. This is an extremely positive result that will have great implication to our lives, our communities and more importantly to our relationship with Jesus.

The dilemma of many Christians is that while on one hand we want to serve Him, to do what is right, to please Him but our hearts often bend another way. At one point or another, we seem to have abandoned our God and without God, life becomes all about the self. We may be new Christians or ‘seasoned’ Christians, we must understand that become a Christian do not stop us from being a sinner. We have to take an honest appraisal of who we are. We must take extra care not to be influenced by others of their watered-down teaching and doctrines that we are not bad, we are not sinful and we don’t need a Saviour to redeem us. The danger of watered-down doctrines is that it may be politically correct but it is utterly satanic. This teaching is very dangerous because it denies the Deity of Christ and will have great negative influence our daily decision and our faith towards who our True God is. We will be influenced by it to decide what is right and what is wrong without due regard to God’s law. We are going to put our own opinion above that of God’s law. This watered-down politically correct teaching that we are ‘good and sinless’ is our pathway to eternal destruction. We must go back to the basic biblical truth of what God has said about us: Our mouth is full of cursing and bitterness and our feet are swift to shed blood (Romans 3:14-15), no one is righteous, and all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:10; 3:23 ) and there is no fear of God (Romans 3:18).

If you are introduced to listen to a message and you are told that it is good because it is politically correct, you must stay away from it, more so if you are a child of God! A real test of a message that you are reading or listening that is God-inspired is when someone tells you “That is a politically incorrect teaching. It really hurts.” Unlike politically incorrect messages, politically correct preaching is sweet to ears but is damning to our souls because it is not God-inspired. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is never politically correct. The death and crucifixion of Jesus is a clear testimony to this. Had only Jesus been politically correct, He would not have had to die and the world will not have Him as our Saviour! If only Jesus claimed to be “I am a Way, a Truth and a Life”, a politically correct statement, a pleasant thing for the Pharisees and for the Roman King, He would be spared from the agony on the Calvary Cross. He would not have to be born here on earth because His very presence here was to deliver the politically incorrect message that He is the Way, the Truth and the Life! Jesus chose to be politically incorrect even though He knew that He was going to pay for His life when He said: I am the Way, the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except through Me (John 14:6). I and the Father are one (John 10:30), an undeniable claim the Jesus is fully God, coequal and coeternal with God.

We have seen how many countries destroyed because people elected national leaders whom they considered as ‘good politicians’ who had spoken with all the politically correct things at a politically right time. The end result is that these elected high officials had politically cheated the people’s trust. Billion of dollars were siphoned off from the national coffers into their private bank accounts. We saw this happened to Philippines. Marcos was a great oracle and his rallies were filled with politically correct messages which moved people’s hearts and tears. In the end, people of Philippines got more than what they had bargained for: they wept till their eyes dried when they lost all their ‘heart-earned’ monies and the economy was in shamble even till this day! From one of the wealthiest countries in the 1960 in South East Asia, it became one of the poorest in less than one generation.

Let’s leave all those politically correct messages to politicians, and remember God is not a politician. God is God! As for us, our politically incorrect messages may be offensive to others but we must take great comfort and confidence in God that our politically incorrect messages are sealed with the blood of Jesus that has the power to save souls from eternal destruction. We must stay firm to our true spirituality to deny ourselves and to serve Him even if it is politically not correct to do so. This is going to come with terrible trials and tribulations especially in the last days! (2 Timothy 3:1). Regardless of who we are, we must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God (Acts 14:22). We must admit that from time to time we move from being controlled by the Spirit of Christ and enjoy His blessings and often quickly to being controlled by our own selfish and corrupt desires, perhaps pressurized by others to be politically correct just to please them. Thankfully, with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit within us, we can accomplish this special divine call to deny ourselves and to put God first, to be politically-aligned to our Perfect God rather than to this imperfect world, and to fully prepare ourselves for the last days when people are lovers of themselves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, having a form of godliness, but denying the power of God. We are further warned to stay away from these people (2 Timothy 3:2-5) because they can negatively influence us and if we are not careful, they are going to creep into our home. We have already seen many homes destroyed because they just simply don’t believe in the power of God and keep busy mingling with politically correct people that they shouldn’t be mingling with. Satan has failed miserably to take over the heavenly throne but he has a Plan B which is to destroy the Church of Jesus Christ that comprising all the believers of Jesus. This is Satan’s last battle with God. But we all know, the battle is already won by Jesus when rose from the grave.

What than is “denying our ourselves or dying to self?” Prayfully, the following short message can give you clarity on this special divine call of duty to deny ourselves (or dying to self) and to let the power of the Holy Spirit reveal to us our sinfulness, our wickedness and our weaknesses and by His power we can be strengthened to live the way God wants us to live and all for His glory, however politically incorrect it may be.

DYING TO SELF
(Author Unknown)

WHEN you are forgotten or neglected or purposely set at naught, and you don’t sting and hurt with the insult or oversight, but your heart is happy, being counted worthy to suffer for Christ – that is dying to self.

WHEN your good is evil spoken of, when your wishes are crossed, you advice disregarded, your opinion ridiculed, and you refuse to let anger rise in your heart, or even defend yourself, but take it all in patient loving silence – that is dying to self.

WHEN you lovingly and patiently bear any disorder, any irregularity, any impunctuality or any annoyance, when you stand face to face with waste, folly, extravagance, spiritual insensibility and endure it as Jesus endured it – that is dying to self.

WHEN you never care to refer to yourself in conversation or record you own good works or itch after commendation, when you truly love to be unknown – that is dying to self.

WHEN you are content with any clothing, with any climate, any society, any solitude, any interruption by the will of God – that is dying to self.

WHEN you can see your brother prosper and have his needs met and you honestly repose with him in spirit and feel no envy nor question God while your own needs are far greater and in desperate circumstances – that is dying to self.

=======================================​

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
ya. Satan was created by God,,,,,,,, wait a minute,,, God created satan and evil? god has no idea? angels got free will or not? Lucifer, son of light,,,,,

please la,,,, God created evil so you can go to heaven if you believe the bible stories,,,, yes,,,, stories,,,, nothing more nothing less

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal

Today’s Scripture Reading [October 17, 2010]

He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool. [Proverbs 10:18. KJV]

According to a British survey, it was found that the average person tells four lies a day, or 1,460 a year. So by the time a British reaches the age of 60, he or she would have told 88,000 lies! This assessment of Britons by the Daily Mail of London sponsored by a beverage company also concludes that men and women don’t lie the same, but nevertheless, they all lied.

Although the survey is controversial but I think many of us agree to a certain extent its conclusion – telling lie is all part of our character and behaviour. How frequent and how many lies we tell is not really ‘important’ because some may feel that telling four lies a day is too much while others may think it’s too few, and some may justify by saying that all the lies are just ‘white’ lies and they won’t do any harm to people. But the main point of this survey is: We lie and lie and lie throughout our life. Men and women, young and old, educated and uneducated, poor and rich, all lie and because we lied we are called liars. The following excerpt from the Our Daily Bread (October 15, 2002) gives a very good account on this sin which can even be carried out without being audible to others.

“God hates slanderers. They are scoundrels and villains with hidden hatred in their hearts and deceit in their mouths.

Some people have turned slander into a fine art. They would never use a meat cleaver to cut down another person. They are more subtle than that. They have learned to slander with a gesture, a wink, or an evil smile.

Jonathan Swift, an author who knew well the ugliness of slander, described a man who could ‘convey a libel in a frown, and wink a reputation down.’ Robert Louis Stevenson wrote, ‘The cruelest lies are often told in silence.’ When someone is attacked in a conversation, the listeners can join the mugging with a nod.

The book of Proverbs describes people in the ancient world who used body language to destroy others (Proverbs 6:12-15). They winked, motioned, or gave a shrug to work their slander, and they felt safe in their attacks. After all, it is difficult to refute a gesture or to prove evil in a wink. Their actions were subtle, yet as deadly as bullets piercing the heart.

The next time we wink, you nod or you smile, think about the message that it may convey. Our words whether spoken our unspoken should bring life to the others. Yes, we must admit, our tongues, being in a wet place, is apt to slip, and so we must take double precaution to prevent it from slipping. Pray and ask Jesus for His power to withhold our lying lips as He is perfect and He also wants us to be perfect. (Excerpt from Our Daily Bread)”

The vast majority of the time lying is based on false words, either by being an outright lie or an embellishment of the truth which is still a lie, although in the above excerpt from Our Daily Bread, it can even take the form of keeping silence, or simply by nodding our head, or a wink.

But what is the most dangerous lie? And this is the lie that everyone of us must avoid at all cost? Answer to this question is going to attract much controversy. Nevertheless, I like to offer my opinion that the most dangerous lie is to spread false doctrine and false teaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This is a soul-destructive lie of the highest Satanic order. In 1 Corinthians 15:12-14, we are told that if Christ is proclaimed as raised from the dead, how can some of you say there is no resurrection of the dead? If there is no resurrection that Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is empty and our faith is also empty.

Satan knew too well that the sacrificial blood of Jesus and His resurrection are the cornerstone in all the believers’ faith. What then could be a better way to destroy this faith of the finished work of Christ then to tell people that Jesus did not die on the cross and He was not raised. If that’s the case, then our faith is futile and we are still in our sins. This is exactly what Satan wants of us – to continue to live in sins and to deny the cleansing and to reject atoning blood of Jesus! Physically, yes we are still sinful even though we are Christians – we routinely do things against the will of God; mentally, yes we are still sinful – we routinely have evil thoughts in our mind; but by the grace and mercy of God, we are alive in our spirit because our dead spirit is made alive by Christ’s resurrection.

We must remind ourselves to be careful and we must reject outright the false teachings taught by some self-styled guru. We must stand firm upon the word of God. With a gentle spirit we work to persuade others to follow the word of God, our Holy Scripture. If we are attacked, we must be prepared to stand firm, but in a spirit of meekness. You can be firm without being belligerent. Remember that it is not the persons that we are against but the false doctrines being taught against the true word of God. The ‘teachers’ are not the focus because they themselves have been deceived by the devils. They themselves are the victims of the highest Satanic order. Because they are being deceived, they run like run-away trains, and we all know that run-away trains can never reach their destination. In fact, many run-away trains ended up in total destruction. They accuse us with all kinds of their lies but we must continue to point to the word of God because every word of God is pure; and God is a shield to those who put their trust in Him (Proverbs 30:5). Hence, when non-believers say all manner of evil things against us for His name sake, just show them the word of God so that, prayfully, the Lord may draw their hearts. Our goal is not to condemn, but to restore. God has placed us into a position of influence but not the same kind of influence that we would expect from some world leaders or famous celebrities. Rather we are to influence others into trusting the word of God through our own steadfast and firm stand regardless of what lies ahead of us. It is a very serious responsibility. This is true if we are in a position of authority or if we are just casting our voice to testify for or against an individual. Consider this important passage from Isaiah 5:20-23: “Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes, And prudent in their own sight! Woe to men mighty at drinking wine, Woe to men valiant for mixing intoxicating drink, Who justify the wicked for a bribe, And take away justice from the righteous man!” These verses describe several ways justice can be perverted. We can see this passage lived out in our culture today as sin is called good, morals and values are called evil, those who are ungodly are honored and those who are living for Christ are demonized. The last part of the passage especially applies to this message. Frequently we hear about political leaders, law enforcement and judicial leaders being caught taking bribes and perverting justice. We have read of such news and they are not confined to a particular country or geography. It’s just simply a global phenomenon.

When man loses sight of his accountability to his Creator, people are willing to sell their testimonies, lie to pervert justice or destroy the weak sometimes for personal gain and sometime, wittingly or unwittingly, submit themselves to the will of the devil. Regardless of the situation, there is an accountability for those who pervert justice. Justice can be perverted for financial gain, retaliation against an enemy, or changing the values of a culture, or simply to boost one's ego and pride, but there will be a time of judgment as we can read in Psalm 1:1-6: “Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful; But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper. The ungodly are not so, But are like the chaff which the wind drives away. Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, Nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. For the LORD knows the way of the righteous, But the way of the ungodly shall perish.”

The time will come when everyone of us – the powerful, the powerless, the rich, the poor, the masters, the slaves - will be held accountable and the wicked will not even have an iota of power to stand in the judgment. This is not a position we want to be in. God is the one who ordains all authority and each person will be held personally accountable for how they exercise the power God delivers to them or how they exercise the power given to them by the devil. So, when you stand as a witness whether in the court of law, testifying for the God or perverting God’s truth, please remember the Ninth Commandment: Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour (Exodus 20:16).

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YKn6h2x5IcY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YKn6h2x5IcY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
00001.jpg