• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TODAY paper fully blasted the opposition! Everyone please boycott

jw5

Loyal
On your second point, most are not happy with the PAP which i agree is true. But when you compare the alternatives out there, particular the ones that parrot the PAP, the choice becomes pretty obvious. I would rather vote the original product than a made in China imitation.

-

What I said was that most are still NOT unhappy with the pap, i.e. most are still ok with pap, i.e. pap still have the numbers to win comfortably.

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
He got do NS or not. If so then Singaporean lah. Many FT do not want to take up NS for fear that their children kena. Others come in conveniently after they miss whatever age. I think if you want to be MP, even if you are old, must do modified BMT 3 weeks and then minimim 6 months NS - learn some vocation - driver, infantry man, etc etc.

Once you do this 6 months you are true blue Singapore with skin in game and can be MP or Minister.

Last edited:

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
What I said was that most are still NOT unhappy with the pap, i.e. most are still ok with pap, i.e. pap still have the numbers to win comfortably.

I'm sorry I could not join the dots from NOT happy to still ok with the PAP even reading between the lines. So thanks for the clarification. I sincerely do not see the opposition making any inroad this elections save for Hougang which LTK will cling on to. For the simple reason:

The opposition party namely WP, NSP and SPP have yet to figure out how to bring the minorities on-board. An obvious choice would be the removal if not relaxing the ethnic quota imposed on HDB flats that is causing direct financial losses to minorities - either sell to an Indian or Malay 20% below market value (much reduced market) .. this is obvious and easy way to bring the minority voters onboard (via-a-vis fixing prices to median income); yet the Chinese orientated opposition did not seize the opportunity. Not that they were oblivious, this fact was pointed out to WP but they would much rather focus on the majority vote.

This is precise the reason why the opposition will never win a GRC.

I can just here the light blub lighting up in the heads of charlatans in WP and NSP. Let's see how long it takes them to make this a part of their election manifesto. Too little to late.
\

-

Last edited:

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
He got do NS or not. If so then Singaporean lah. Many FT do not want to take up NS for fear that their children kena. Others come in conveniently after they miss whatever age. I think if you want to be MP, even if you are old, must do modified BMT 3 weeks and then minimim 6 months NS - learn some vocation - driver, infantry man, etc etc.

Once you do this 6 months you are true blue Singapore with skin in game and can be MP or Minister.

What I do know is Chen Show Mao had to serve NS as he came to SG at age 11.. i have stated in this forum before that he needs to clear the air on this.. people assume as a Taiwanese he had a choice in the matter... i reckon he was already a PR then or at least his father was and had made the decision for him.

Chen only took up citizenship after to qualify for the roades scholarship which he then received and left Singapore to return now.

-

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

So by this definition, did Dr Janil Puthucheary do his modified BMT? How is it possible for him as a foreigner for the past 35 years to lead Singapore as a minister when he himself did not even live the life of an everyday Singaporean for the last 35 years?

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
So by this definition, did Dr Janil Puthucheary do his modified BMT? How is it possible for him as a foreigner for the past 35 years to lead Singapore as a minister when he himself did not even live the life of an everyday Singaporean for the last 35 years?

He was past the enlistment age. Had he come to Singapore at the age 11 or before 18, he would have had to serve compulsory NS.

-

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chen Show Mao was never a Singaporean to begin with and most Singaporeans are unable to connect the dots as to how a Taiwanese became a resident and citizen of Singapore.

Like the Roades scholarship, for which he took up citizenship only after, he came to Singapore at a time in the mid 80s when the country was already grappling with low Chinese fertility rates. "Chinese grad females not marrying their male counterparts" or "Chinese having the lowest fertility level amongst all races"... while LKY set about to offer $10k to the CPF accounts to the lowly educated mothers (aka Malays) to undergo voluntary sterilization at the time of acute baby shortage, the govt was offering resident status including citizenship to those from Malaysia, Taiwan, China, South Korea, HK, etc, primarily the Confucian stock of which we now have Chen Show Mao.

This fact is not lost on the Malay minority and bound to be a vote loser for WP. [emphasis added]
-

If that is true, and if I happened to be a non-Chinese, I would rather not vote for the PAP, the party which apparently favours accepting "Chinese" people as PR's and citizens. Whereas, whether an individual speaks with a Singaporean or some other accent, it is his passion and ability which count. Please do not get me wrong vis-a-vis accent, because our children try to correct my Singaporean accent, for example: the words cold, motor, mould. I have heard that the magic age is apparently 13, that is if an individual migrates before age 13, he or she should be able to pick up the accent of the new country. Therefore, since I arrived in Canada, after serving NS, several ICT's, and after graduation from university, I still have much of my Singaporean accent.