• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious To Tell or Not?

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have a long illness.
During last visit, doctor informed you that the illness had reached a critical stage.

You have an estimated lifespan of one to two years.

Should you inform your loved ones like wife, children, parents, close friend?

Or its better not to tell?

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have a long illness.
During last visit, doctor informed you that the illness had reached a critical stage.

Tell. Settle what one's need to settle and get ready for departure. Death is natural. Everyone has to die. Embrace it without fear. Easy for me to say, but I will try my best to do the same.

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you very much for your kind replies.

IMG_20221122_125516.jpg

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have a long illness.

My uncle wish you are leefering to someone else.
Even if is someone else my uncle wish the loctor did a bad prognosis.

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell. Settle what one's need to settle and get ready for departure. Death is natural. Everyone has to die. Embrace it without fear. Easy for me to say, but I will try my best to do the same.

This is the problem with our soul. Our soul can only experience 3 states - 1. peace, 2. pleasure, 3 sufferings.

Peace has neither pleasure nor sufferings. However, if you prefer pleasure, then do remember that pleasure needs to be renewed. And pleasure and sufferings come as a package.

If you have the pleasure of marrying a chiobu, eventually you will experience the sufferings of witnessing the chiobu turn into an old hag. In order to renew your pleasure, you need to dump the old hag and find a new chiobu. Alternatively, you don't get married and always look for chiobu. But then old age will catch up with you, and you will have to experience the sufferings of regretting the loss of pleasure due to flaccidity.

When you were young, your motto was "can eat don't waste"; when you are flaccid, "can see cannot eat".

So if you really want to not experience sufferings, you should also give up pleasure. To do so, you need to learn "emotional detachment".

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tell them you wish to hang around geylang for the next 369 days to bang abalones until kebang, and they will understand.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
occasional fasting is great for health. it helps shape the body too. less fat more muscle and stronger too with weight lifting. you must be quite the healthy, sexy and shapely chiobu now.
No I just recently watched this channel and haven’t tried any prolonged fasting, but if I know I have cancer and am going to die within a year, I will immediately do that.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since prognosis is no good, no harm to check and try prolonged fasting as miracle cure and to extend life span.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7877980/

Unravelling the health effects of fasting: a long road from obesity treatment to healthy life span increase and improved cognition​

Françoise Wilhelmi de Toledo, Franziska Grundler, [...], and Massimiliano Ruscica

Additional article information

Abstract​

In recent years a revival of interest has emerged in the health benefits of intermittent fasting and long-term fasting, as well as of other related nutritional strategies. In addition to meal size and composition a new focus on time and frequency of meals has gained attention. The present review will investigate the effects of the main forms of fasting, activating the metabolic switch from glucose to fat and ketones (G-to-K), starting 12–16 h after cessation or strong reduction of food intake. During fasting the deactivation of mTOR regulated nutrient signalling pathways and activation of the AMP protein kinase trigger cell repair and inhibit anabolic processes. Clinical and animal studies have clearly indicated that modulating diet and meal frequency, as well as application of fasting patterns, e.g.intermittent fasting, periodic fasting, or long-term fasting are part of a new lifestyle approach leading to increased life and health span, enhanced intrinsic defences against oxidative and metabolic stresses, improved cognition, as well as a decrease in cardiovascular risk in both obese and non-obese subjects. Finally, in order to better understand the mechanisms beyond fasting-related changes, human studies as well as non-human models closer to human physiology may offer useful clues.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

KEY-MESSAGES​

1. Biochemical changes during fasting are characterised by a glucose to ketone switch, leading to a rise of ketones, advantageously used for brain energy, with consequent improved cognition.
  2. Ketones reduce appetite and help maintain effective fasting.
  3. Application of fasting patterns increases healthy life span and defences against oxidative and metabolic stresses.
  4. Today’s strategies for the use of therapeutic fasting are based on different protocols, generally relying on intermittent fasting, of different duration and calorie intake.
  5. Long-term fasting, with durations between 5 and 21 days can be successfully repeated in the course of a year.

Keywords: Glucose-to-ketones metabolic switch, intermittent fasting, long-term fasting, periodic fasting, prolonged fasting, zero calorie diet

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

5.1. LF – a general overview​

Whereas the metabolic switch and the changes in signalling pathways above described also apply at the beginning of LF, the question is whether these effects persist, decrease or increase in the course of LF. Evidently, it will depend on the duration of fasting, the individual profile including age, nutritional and health status, as well as personal inclination for the procedure [89]. One of the first detailed scientific observations of a non-obese voluntary subject on total fasting ended safely after 31 days [16]. Other case reports of persons fasting during several weeks were published and brought stupefaction in the medical community and the public. Many Authors have stressed the well-being, the absence of hunger and lifted mood reported by fasting obese and non-obese subjects [90]. The human capacity to live without energy intake for periods of almost 40 days has been often reported in non-obese subjects during hunger strikes [91].

A medically supervised practice of LF has a long tradition in Europe and in particular in Germany. The safety of this programme has been recently documented in large cohort studies [15,24]. This type of LF, generally lasting from 4 to 21 days, has been studied in various clinical conditions: chronic inflammatory disorders [92,93] and rheumatoid arthritis [59,94], hypertension [95], irritable bowel syndrome [96], insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome [97,98], fibromyalgia [99], breast and ovarian cancer [100], osteoarthritis [101], obesity [102], and fatty liver [103]. Furthermore, MRI evaluation documented significant changes in body composition after 14 days of fasting [104].

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you very much for your kind replies.

View attachment 169076

Yup. Dying is easy. The difficult part is what comes next that you're not prepared.

And why bother if you're reincarnated? Come back and tell lah.
Irrational and illogical.