• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

To a better Singapore

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
This Lim guy is beginning to annoy me big time. While the PAP is working hard to make the lives of Singaporeans better he spends his time making armchair critic videos while offering zero solutions to any issue.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sam, that is so juvenile a comment. So what and how do you want him to do to make lives better? He doesn't hold any office, isn't given any authority. What solutions do you want him to effect?

It's up to people to hear him and vote him in, so he can do something. If you don't buy a lottery ticket, how to win?

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Sam, that is so juvenile a comment. So what and how do you want him to do to make lives better? He doesn't hold any office, isn't given any authority. What solutions do you want him to effect?

It's up to people to hear him and vote him in, so he can do something. If you don't buy a lottery ticket, how to win?

He can start off by telling us what he intends to do with the 99 year lease terms should the oppo win the next election. Automatic extension for another 99 years for everyone who owns an HDB flat? 50 year extension? That would make a mockery of the laws of the land and severely penalise those who paid a premium for freehold properties.

And what about those private condos with a 99 year lease? Would he extend the lease for them too?

Listen to the video. He does nothing but criticise and berate the government. Any fool can do that.

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The government has been fair and transparent with regards to the status of HDB flats. They promised that it would be an appreciating asset and they have honored their word. There is not a single Singaporean who bought a new flat from the HDB has lost money.

The resale market is a different kettle of fish altogether. Those dumb enough to pay $1,000,000 for a flat with only 50 years left on the lease can't possibly blame the government should the market turn against them. If they paid inflated prices without considering the downsides of the terms of sale that is their fault not the PAP's fault.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malays need their malay reserve kampung land back so they can live there away from chinese syt who feel intimidated by their malay neighbours.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
He can start off by telling us what he intends to do with the 99 year lease terms should the oppo win the next election. Automatic extension for another 99 years for everyone who owns an HDB flat? 50 year extension? That would make a mockery of the laws of the land and severely penalise those who paid a premium for freehold properties.

And what about those private condos with a 99 year lease? Would he extend the lease for them too?

Listen to the video. He does nothing but criticise and berate the government. Any fool can do that.

Yes, that is what YOU want to hear. You expect him to talk to an audience of one? We all have different opinions on things. But you got to cut him some slack, he is speaking what he thinks, making the effort and offering Sinkees alternative views, which is nothing bad..... Anyway, in his current capacity as a citizen, it would only be talk and nothing more. If he is getting on your nerves, I suggest you do like what the majority of sinkees do.... don't tune in.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Yes, that is what YOU want to hear. You expect him to talk to an audience of one? We all have different opinions on things. But you got to cut him some slack, he is speaking what he thinks, making the effort and offering Sinkees alternative views, which is nothing bad..... Anyway, in his current capacity as a citizen, it would only be talk and nothing more. If he is getting on your nerves, I suggest you do like what the majority of sinkees do.... don't tune in.

If his videos were not being embedded here I wouldn't bother.

Since I have watched those that have been posted I am entitled to state my views on the content.

The problem with the oppos is that they are always full on when it comes to criticism but fall way short on policy and when they do suggest policy it is invariably pie-in-the-sky stuff that ignores reality or evokes resentment by playing the politics of envy.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal

:biggrin::biggrin:
as always , ah sam stirring the hornet's nest
the objective is to provoke , to make temper boils
:frown:
johnny boy tan is another one to do tis.
ah sam put it in a more creditable form
while johnny boy often contort fact

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Public housing are meant for us to live. Should not involve in sales transaction at all in the first place. Just like good old kampong days. Those who wish to get into investments then should go buy condo or pte properties.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
If his videos were not being embedded here I wouldn't bother.

Since I have watched those that have been posted I am entitled to state my views on the content.

The problem with the oppos is that they are always full on when it comes to criticism but fall way short on policy and when they do suggest policy it is invariably pie-in-the-sky stuff that ignores reality or evokes resentment by playing the politics of envy.

To be fair, you are neither a part of the ruling party nor opposition. You are also not an expert on government policies, so there is no value in your criticism of whether it falls short or if it ignores reality. Any evoking of resentment through the politics of envy is just your personal opinion. You can air your opinion and he can air his. I would suggest one thing though, if his video postings are an annoyance, you should just ban his video postings on your forum. Problem solved :wink:

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
:biggrin::biggrin:
as always , ah sam stirring the hornet's nest
the objective is to provoke , to make temper boils
:frown:
johnny boy tan is another one to do tis.
ah sam put it in a more creditable form
while johnny boy often contort fact

Yes, I know. Sam just wants to get a debate going. John is just an attention whore.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

All land and properties be it HDB or private should be freehold,,,and what is wrong with all HDB flats having SERs? please note SERs and upgrading is not free,,,,and 99 year lease hold private properties have been on enbloc,,,so what is stopping them now? and please lah,,,extention 50 years etc,,,as if the flats can tahan 99 years,,,,talk about extension some more,,what a joke,,,

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
All land and properties be it HDB or private should be freehold,,,and what is wrong with all HDB flats having SERs? please note SERs and upgrading is not free,,,,and 99 year lease hold private properties have been on enbloc,,,so what is stopping them now? and please lah,,,extention 50 years etc,,,as if the flats can tahan 99 years,,,,talk about extension some more,,what a joke,,,

The land owners are entitled to decide what sort of tenure they wish to impose when developing the land they hold title to. The government has decided that 99 years is appropriate and Singaporeans had no issues when the agreement was signed. After enjoying a high standard of living for more than 4 decades they suddenly decide that 99 years is insufficient.

Private land owners are leasing their land out with 99 year titles too. If you owned land you'd opt to lease it rather than sell it as are many developers nowadays.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
To be fair, you are neither a part of the ruling party nor opposition. You are also not an expert on government policies, so there is no value in your criticism of whether it falls short or if it ignores reality. Any evoking of resentment through the politics of envy is just your personal opinion. You can air your opinion and he can air his. I would suggest one thing though, if his video postings are an annoyance, you should just ban his video postings on your forum. Problem solved :wink:

If I banned posts that annoyed me I might as well close the forum because 99% of the content here drives me nuts. I cannot believe that Singapore has produced so many idiots in such a short span of time.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporeans had no issues when the agreement was signed.

What agreement u talking about? Do we have any choice some 45 yrs back? Our house demolished. Where u expect us to go? I was then a child. My dad told me they came to our house, make some land measurement (ours a big house with big garden), compensate some very very little money. Now my old kampong house replaced by rows and rows of pte terraces.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 99 year rule is to control the use and transfer of land. That is the objective, at least in an ideal world. But this is SG and the ruling party is far from thinking of living in an ideal world. They have politicized it to keep themselves in power. IMHO, it is a manipulation of the citizen's most prized possession and a political chicanery. You have to give it to the ruling party. When it comes to tricking Sinkees to keep voting for them, they are total experts.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
What agreement u talking about? Do we have any choice some 45 yrs back? Our house demolished. Where u expect us to go? I was then a child. My dad told me they came to our house, make some land measurement (ours a big house with big garden), compensate some very very little money. Now my old kampong house replaced by rows and rows of pte terraces.

Same case as my dad. Our attap hut in Telok Kurau was acquired by the government and we were OFFERED an HDB flat. My dad could have turned it down but it looked like a good deal so he signed on the dotted line. It was the best decision of his life.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The 99 year rule is to control the use and transfer of land. That is the objective, at least in an ideal world. But this is SG and the ruling party is far from thinking of living in an ideal world. They have politicized it to keep themselves in power. IMHO, it is a manipulation of the citizen's most prized possession and a political chicanery. You have to give it to the ruling party. When it comes to tricking Sinkees to keep voting for them, they are total experts.

Social policies of any government are political and housing, health and education are the most politically motivated services of any government.

Governments don't provide services because they love you like Jesus is supposed to. Services are packaged and presented to the electorate in order to buy votes in return.

The PAP's housing policy was embraced by the population because it is such a fantastic deal even at today's prices. If it was a flawed proposition nobody would bite.