• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tiong workers' riot at Jln Tukang Dorm?

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least u can see MHA doing their jobs. Police, SCDF. Wtf SAF is doing? Where are all the soldiers? BG, Colonels, Majors, Captains, soldiers? Oh ya.....training in the jungle. :rolleyes:
That's why uncle said he onlee aspire to be a mp in saf as onlee this vocation do real stuff and action I.e catch people others all jiak sai
Imuho there is no pride and honour at all with every saf units including commandos what fuck pride & honour they have without fighting war? KNN except mp is the real pride my uncle will have serving even as a chow pte KNN

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

https://mothership.sg/2021/10/mom-respond-jurong-dormitory-covid-19-breach/

mh9UKI1.jpg

dzTP5HN.jpg

Mr7AYLR.jpg

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Manpower Minister Tan See Leng had given his assurance then to migrant workers, whom he called "brothers", that they would receive appropriate medical care.

"Please be assured that MOM will be here to walk every step of the journey with you, and work through any operational challenges that you may encounter," he said.

"To our migrant worker brothers living in the dormitories, I would also like to assure them that they will continue to receive the appropriate medical care if and when they require it."

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There are still Siam Kias working in our construction sectors. But nowadays most of them prefer going to Israel as fruit pickers, farm workers. Salary more higher than toiling in the heat of Singapore. As for those who used to work in Singapore, they prefer just working in major construction projects back in their native Thailand. Salary bit lesser than what they used to earn while in Singapore but it's the home comfort factor for them. Among all the foreign labourers, the Thais are the most hardworking lot. They drink hard they work hard.
I remember the Siam Kias used to sit on the floor and watched TV at Golden Mile, afterall they were the original reason Golden Mile thrived… before it became a land of Thai pubs

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Tiongs not going to be slaved around like Banglas… I think the era of Tiong workers in Sinkiestan will end the way that Thai workers stopped working here. Better treat the Banglas a bit better, shouldn’t take advantage of their language difficulty and lack of home country protection

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Thais also known to take a lot of amphetamines like yaba to tahan the hard work under challenging conditions
Yes you're right. Yaba keep them going. One funny thing that I found out some years back about the Siam Kias. When the Thais are overseas, they are regarded as model workers, fast efficient and hardworking. But when they are back home, they are often lampooned as being lazy males, sitting idle at home drinking beer, refusing to search for employment while their wives or GFs are busy finding money for the family.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember the Siam Kias used to sit on the floor and watched TV at Golden Mile, afterall they were the original reason Golden Mile thrived… before it became a land of Thai pubs
Back then before the days of online shopping, Siam Kia labourers in Singapore would always get their hometown provisions from the Thai ladies who would travel by bus from southern Thailand by using the Thai/Malaysia borders. From there they would bring along these provisions in lots of big bags and would take the arduous bus journey from northern Malaysia all the way to Singapore. Final stop would be at GM. There the ladies would meet with the Siam Kias and collect payment for the delivery of their items. And these ladies while in Singapore would also engage in short time prostitution be it with local chiongsters or with the Siam Kias working in Singapore.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like they seized the opportunity to run the engines to make sure the vehicles were running, and the men to try putting
on their very starched uniforms. And show strength at the same time. Win win win all round.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like they seized the opportunity to run the engines to make sure the vehicles were running, and the men to try putting
on their very starched uniforms. And show strength at the same time. Win win win all round.

In the current era their uniform still needs to be starched? Are they participating in a parade? :unsure: