• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tiong workers' riot at Jln Tukang Dorm?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the 80s the construction workers were from malaysia and thailand. Better assimilation. Are they too expensive now?

They have better career opportunities in their home countries now. So our serfs are outsourced to lower tier shithole countries. :cool:

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In the 80s the construction workers were from malaysia and thailand. Better assimilation. Are they too expensive now?
I’m not sure why but don’t see many Thai workers now, maybe it has become less attractive compared to selling pad Thai. Malaysians are too familiar with SG, they’d rather be contractors than cheap labour. Over the years many Banglas have become rather skilled workers. Recently I did some work for my home - the Gaincity Bangla aircon guy laying the pipes did a brilliant job, he said he’d been here 15 years. The Bangla plumber also solved a rather difficult problem for me, said he’d been here 7 years.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I’m not sure why but don’t see many Thai workers now, maybe it has become less attractive compared to selling pad Thai. Malaysians are too familiar with SG, they’d rather be contractors than cheap labour. Over the years many Banglas have become rather skilled workers. Recently I did some work for my home - the Gaincity Bangla aircon guy laying the pipes did a brilliant job, he said he’d been here 15 years. The Bangla plumber also solved a rather difficult problem for me, said he’d been here 7 years.

Why they dont consider Indons? :biggrin: Most of Msian homes done by Indon construction workers.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At least u can see MHA doing their jobs. Police, SCDF. Wtf SAF is doing? Where are all the soldiers? BG, Colonels, Majors, Captains, soldiers? Oh ya.....training in the jungle. :rolleyes:
The soldiers are training in the jungle alright but its a concrete jungle !

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At least u can see MHA doing their jobs. Police, SCDF. Wtf SAF is doing? Where are all the soldiers? BG, Colonels, Majors, Captains, soldiers? Oh ya.....training in the jungle. :rolleyes:

SAF has more important duties to attend to.

38900791_-_29_06_2016_-_nhfunpack.jpg
ST_20200201_VNMASK1_5418977.jpg

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thanks to the PAP and their extensive experience in crushing riots like the Hock Lee Bus riots, our police today have the experience and expertise to end the standoff by the serfs peacefully.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
First they got Thai construction workers. But they are unruly and drunk and had mad soil disease.

Then bangala and yeendian but they drunk, rioted, horny and slooow.

Now its calculative Chinese construction workers giving them angst when cheated by a few cents.

This is continue as long as they refuse to automate or pay sinkie market value for local construction workers.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

They have better career opportunities in their home countries now. So our serfs are outsourced to lower tier shithole countries. :cool:
Basically PAP giving way to companies and allow them import from the cheapest source instead of increasing productivity and mechanisation.
Ever wonder why are our properties more expensive than those of Europe where construction workers comes from Eastern Europe, Ireland, Portugal.

There were also South Korean construction workers employed by Korean companies and I remember inspecting a site where these Koreans were like up like troops in a parade to greet us-all in smart overalls too like in the military .
Occasionally you will hear of Thai and Korean workers fighting each other after drinking

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are still Siam Kias working in our construction sectors. But nowadays most of them prefer going to Israel as fruit pickers, farm workers. Salary more higher than toiling in the heat of Singapore. As for those who used to work in Singapore, they prefer just working in major construction projects back in their native Thailand. Salary bit lesser than what they used to earn while in Singapore but it's the home comfort factor for them. Among all the foreign labourers, the Thais are the most hardworking lot. They drink hard they work hard.