• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Tio Boey asks for volunteers to be SDAs.

MarcusTan

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.straitstimes.com/opinio...olunteers-to-enforce-safe-distancing-measures

Empower volunteers to enforce safe distancing measures​

I refer to the letters by Forum writers Alvin Toh (Close virus transmission loophole in public transport, March 30) and Liu I-Chun (Poor mask compliance on buses puts people at risk, June 19).

It may not be feasible to have full-time safe distancing ambassadors and enforcement officers patrolling every corner of Singapore, from parks and shopping centres to wet markets and public transport, to monitor violations of safe distancing measures and the mandatory mask-wearing law.

I suggest that the relevant ministries consider roping in members of the public to assist with the monitoring and enforcement of safe distancing measures.

These volunteers can be trained in the same way as safe distancing ambassadors, wear identification badges and receive token appreciation for their work.

These Singaporeans should also be considered as public servants, to deter people who violate Covid-19 measures from verbally or physically abusing them.

For instance, I have seen commuters not wearing masks or not wearing them properly on public transport. Currently, there is not much that one can do in public areas, besides moving away so as to avoid conflict with those who violate the measures.

I am sure many Singaporeans would like to step in to rectify an act of non-compliance with Covid-19 measures as long as they feel protected against possible retaliation.

Tio Boey

jw5

Loyal
https://www.straitstimes.com/opinio...olunteers-to-enforce-safe-distancing-measures

Empower volunteers to enforce safe distancing measures​

I refer to the letters by Forum writers Alvin Toh (Close virus transmission loophole in public transport, March 30) and Liu I-Chun (Poor mask compliance on buses puts people at risk, June 19).

It may not be feasible to have full-time safe distancing ambassadors and enforcement officers patrolling every corner of Singapore, from parks and shopping centres to wet markets and public transport, to monitor violations of safe distancing measures and the mandatory mask-wearing law.

I suggest that the relevant ministries consider roping in members of the public to assist with the monitoring and enforcement of safe distancing measures.

These volunteers can be trained in the same way as safe distancing ambassadors, wear identification badges and receive token appreciation for their work.

These Singaporeans should also be considered as public servants, to deter people who violate Covid-19 measures from verbally or physically abusing them.

For instance, I have seen commuters not wearing masks or not wearing them properly on public transport. Currently, there is not much that one can do in public areas, besides moving away so as to avoid conflict with those who violate the measures.

I am sure many Singaporeans would like to step in to rectify an act of non-compliance with Covid-19 measures as long as they feel protected against possible retaliation.

Tio Boey

Nobody is gonna volunteer for such a thankless job. You have to pay them as much as the SDAs.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another lanjiao lang writing in to the Shitty Times forum. And this one wants additional totalitarian Gestapo-style control to keep his sorry ass safe from Big Bad Covid. :eek:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Part time still have to pay, he wants free.
He said to leeceive token appreciation KNN my uncle kana surveyed by so called volunteer also leeceiving appreciation of transport fare makan money and feel good money amounting to $x/hr KNN they feel better given the title of volunteer onllee KNN

jw5

Loyal
He said to leeceive token appreciation KNN my uncle kana surveyed by so called volunteer also leeceiving appreciation of transport fare makan money and feel good money amounting to $x/hr KNN they feel better given the title of volunteer onllee KNN

Money has to be the same as SDA,. otherwise not fair.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Money has to be the same as SDA,. otherwise not fair.
Will some people like you know who :eek: steam upon being able to be a volunteer and willing to take up at lower rate to trade with the sia sway title of full-time sda? :unsure::wink:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who? GMS and his F4 buddies?
That person quoted this last year and plenty other charity leelated quotes :geek:

"You know why? Because Asian dogs got no concept of charity helping strangers. Everything they do must get something in return."

jw5

Loyal
That person quoted this last year and plenty other charity leelated quotes :geek:

"You know why? Because Asian dogs got no concept of charity helping strangers. Everything they do must get something in return."

If it is last year, then cannot be Vincent.