• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Time to throw away your car...

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
stock-carpark-01.jpg

SINGAPORE: Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew said authorities have stringent process in place to prevent abuse to the additional engine power criteria added to the Certificate of Entitlement (COE) system.

He said the Land Transport Authority will check models before they are registered to ensure a vehicle's horsepower is not tuned down so that it can be registered under the small cars COE category.

Mr Lui made these comments on Friday on the sidelines of a Transport Ministry event marking the fundraising of S$1 million in aid of the Community Chest.

He said price fluctuations are expected before and following the implementation of any COE changes. He added a few bidding exercises are needed before an equilibrium is reached.

Mr Lui advised car-buyers to watch these fluctuations before deciding if they should get a car.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
high coe
high car park fees
high petrol price
high cost of car
high erps and eps
high maintenance
high repairs
high insurance premiums
everything high high

it's mad to own a car
it's more expensive than having a mistress

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
high coe
high car park fees
high petrol price
high cost of car
high erps and eps
high maintenance
high repairs
high insurance premiums
everything high high

it's mad to own a car

Kopisai, I have the impression you're the pest that tears down the pedestrian pavement with your 自行车, with no regards to the rightful users.

In anycase, fuck yew already hinted that cars are for the rich and their porlumpar.

Like all things, this will come back to haunt him and his short sightedness.

The reaction will be priceless.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Kopisai, I have the impression you're the pest that tears down the pedestrian pavement with your 自行车, with no regards to the rightful users.

In anycase, fuck yew already hinted that cars are for the rich and their porlumpar.

Like all things, this will come back to haunt him and his short sightedness.

The reaction will be priceless.

You so free come scold kopi? So free we go have some Tiger la kns

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I still drive. But will have to give up soon. I use the public transport and I don't own any bicycle. I use my two legs very often. Many FTs have collided with me along the pedestrain pavements and walkways. They are a nuisance.They have also caused many accidents.They have no rules. The TP should be more strict with them.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
high coe
high car park fees
high petrol price
high cost of car
high erps and eps
high maintenance
high repairs
high insurance premiums
everything high high

it's mad to own a car

All are cheap except COE.
Should increase car park fee and road tax.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I still drive. But will have to give up soon. I use the public transport and I don't own any bicycle. I use my two legs very often. Many FTs have collided with me along the pedestrain pavements and walkways. They are a nuisance.They have also caused many accidents.They have no rules. The TP should be more strict with them.
then i hope you`ll watch yojr back everytime you step out of your house, least the love of your 超级白 run you off tbe
road and i see your face at the backpage of the times when my doggie takes a dump.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's mad to own a car

But it is by virtue of its artificially inflated price, a status symbol, which helps you land that mistress.

It also facilitates car sex. Don't believe go ask Peter Lim Sin Pang.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No amount of COE and ERP tweaking will solve the problem: overpopulation.

The number of vehicles increase in tandem with the population.

Go on, keep building more condos and JEM malls, import more FTs and fulfill your Population White Paper wet dream. :rolleyes:

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No amount of COE and ERP tweaking will solve the problem: overpopulation.

The number of vehicles increase in tandem with the population.

Go on, keep building more condos and JEM malls, import more FTs and fulfill your Population White Paper wet dream. :rolleyes:

aiyo, seriously you guys must understand, COE was not to control the number of cars on the road or the congestion, but generating moneh fir the 超级白。

PhuaCheeBye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
high coe
high car park fees
high petrol price
high cost of car
high erps and eps
high maintenance
high repairs
high insurance premiums
everything high high

it's mad to own a car
yes yes...kopi is correct

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
high coe
high car park fees
high petrol price
high cost of car
high erps and eps
high maintenance
high repairs
high insurance premiums
everything high high

it's mad to own a car
Try getting a mistress without a car.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the quality of PAP candidates for election, army boys to run the country.

Instead of fixing the problems add more problems and pass the problems to the people. Dare not even scrap the COE, another failed PAP policy.

Should deal with car parks but not the cars. Can you tweak car parks? But you can tweak the car engine? Supposed they dare not bring this up to the Leegime and who came up with this idiot policy to tax more money, old fart again? One man's view of his Singapore?

VTO PAP 2016.

stock-carpark-01.jpg

SINGAPORE: Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew said authorities have stringent process in place to prevent abuse to the additional engine power criteria added to the Certificate of Entitlement (COE) system.

He said the Land Transport Authority will check models before they are registered to ensure a vehicle's horsepower is not tuned down so that it can be registered under the small cars COE category.

Mr Lui made these comments on Friday on the sidelines of a Transport Ministry event marking the fundraising of S$1 million in aid of the Community Chest.

He said price fluctuations are expected before and following the implementation of any COE changes. He added a few bidding exercises are needed before an equilibrium is reached.

Mr Lui advised car-buyers to watch these fluctuations before deciding if they should get a car.