• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tiger Air so damn bloody FIRST WORLD!

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
but i checked the prices of flights and jetstar seems lower than AA?

As far as my experience goes, for the same date and comparable time to the same location, ranking from cheapest to most exp is Tiger Air, Air Asia, Jetstar.

Actually Tiger is the lowest of the 3 coz they use Budget Terminal which is also why they are the suckiest of the 3 :oIo::oIo:

And do not be fooled by Jetstar prices, they usually put nice price on the main page then when U go through the entire process, they slap the tax in there and end up the most expensive of the 3. :oIo::oIo:

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
I once compared the all inclusive return airfare of Jetstar and Cathay Pacific flying to Hong Kong from Singapore. Cathay Pacific was only about $50 more expensive than Jetstar. I chose Cathay Pacific of course.

In any case, if flying by budget airline, travel insurance (against flight delay / cancellation) is always a must.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
comparing the 3 budget airlines on the same route, i'd rank them as follows:
1. airasia - terminal 1 departure
2. jetstar - terminal 2 departure
3. tiger - budget terminal departure

twinseeker

Alfrescian
Loyal
i've heard some negative testimonies about jetstar, and plenty more for tiger airways, but haven't heard much complaints about airasia.

by far, of the 3 budget carriers, only airasia has co-sponsorship in BPL & Williams-F1. i've not seen or heard about the other 2 being involved in any marketing campaign

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal

Jetstar from T2? Previously in T1. Anyway haven't been taking Jetstar long time already since they have a habit of leaving you stranded with delays too.

Now I rather take Thai Airways or SQ. Cathay a bit like budget flight except food included.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
i've heard some negative testimonies about jetstar, and plenty more for tiger airways, but haven't heard much complaints about airasia.

by far, of the 3 budget carriers, only airasia has co-sponsorship in BPL & Williams-F1. i've not seen or heard about the other 2 being involved in any marketing campaign

I haven't heard much complaints either from Airasia.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

jetstar is now in t2?

When i flew off last month it was t1.

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
erh.... commando, r u sure jetstar at T2?

anyway, i think many here concur to your ranking order for the 3 budget carriers. tiger can go fly kite soon.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With AirAsia and Jetstar around, I don't understand why there're still people who wants to fly Tiger Air. I've tried all three before. AA and JS are alright. I wouldn't fly Tiger ever again even if it's the last airline left on earth. There're no seat numbers on their boarding passes, passengers have to chope their seats of choice onboard just like Indian trains. Be careful if you go toilet during the flight, you may come back to find your seat taken if you're traveling alone without a companion to guard your seat.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
With AirAsia and Jetstar around, I don't understand why there're still people who wants to fly Tiger Air. I've tried all three before. AA and JS are alright. I wouldn't fly Tiger ever again even if it's the last airline left on earth. There're no seat numbers on their boarding passes, passengers have to chope their seats of choice onboard just like Indian trains. Be careful if you go toilet during the flight, you may come back to find your seat taken if you're traveling alone without a companion to guard your seat.

budget among the budgets. :p

The free seating scared me off.

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal

Free seating was the case for Tiger Airways when they first started. However, more than 2 years ago, Tiger Airways did away with free seating and seats were alloted when you checked in.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Free seating was the case for Tiger Airways when they first started. However, more than 2 years ago, Tiger Airways did away with free seating and seats were alloted when you checked in.

It took them years to find out free-seating don't work with passenger airliners, however budget. Anyway, regular bad publicity and comments about screw-ups through the years prove my boycott right and wise, never fly with them again.