• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Thum Ping Tjin Vs Shan

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forever grateful to him for denying malaysian khoo swee chiow the chance of becoming the first "singaporean" to do it. He must have been so gutted that he failed in his attempt anyway.

What talking you? SPRs are Singaporeans too! What else you think the S stands for you tell me? o_O

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe that it is logical and reasonable for Singaporeans to raise and salute the Singapore flag,
and not any other flag.

The PAP flag is the best flag to raise!

papflag_4.jpg

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Why did Dr. Thum subject himself to Mr. Shanmugam's questioning?
I thought Dr Thum was being too meek and friendly. Perhaps its his disposition to be friendly. And at only 39, he showed too much respect for an undeserving older person.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought Dr Thum was being too meek and friendly. Perhaps its his disposition to be friendly. And at only 39, he showed too much respect for an undeserving older person.
agree. he's too academic and polite. in sg must use ah beng tactics. mix oxford english with kongsimilanjiao, kanina, ninauhia and limpeh street lingo.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think if you have lived a sheltered life all your life, there will have to be some trade-off somewhere in terms of the depth of your character.

That smiling face throughout the hearing was just his way of hiding his fear. Thum is no Chee Soon Juan or JBJ, not even KJ. Thum is not a fighter. Why isn't Thum offered a tenure in local University ?

Shan was smart, to be very honest. He shattered Thum's confidence by cornering him into admitting that he is not a full-time employee of Oxford University, even though he seems to give the impression that he is "somebody" at Oxford University.

So is "Research Associate at the Centre for Global History and co-ordinator of Project Southeast Asia, University of Oxford" a paid job ? If not, is Thum jobless ?

It's not a level playing field for Thum. If it was, Thum should have been given the chance to have a QC sit beside him.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think if you have lived a sheltered life all your life, there will have to be some trade-off somewhere in terms of the depth of your character.

That smiling face throughout the hearing was just his way of hiding his fear. Thum is no Chee Soon Juan or JBJ, not even KJ. Thum is not a fighter. Why isn't Thum offered a tenure in local University ?

Shan was smart, to be very honest. He shattered Thum's confidence by cornering him into admitting that he is not a full-time employee of Oxford University, even though he seems to give the impression that he is "somebody" at Oxford University.

So is "Research Associate at the Centre for Global History and co-ordinator of Project Southeast Asia, University of Oxford" a paid job ? If not, is Thum jobless ?

It's not a level playing field for Thum. If it was, Thum should have been given the chance to have a QC sit beside him.
Why isn't Thum offered a tenure in local University ?--Because you dummy, he cannot and will not teach PAP history.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

Since when was there ever a level playing field where the pap is concerned? Furthermore, Dr Thum is not a politician (i.e., not a fighter cock) and was ill-prepared for the mudslinging that is characteristic of pap ministers.

I thought the smiling face was not to mask his fear, more so to show how incredulous he thought the whole situation was.

Shan was not smart (as you put it), he was a plain bully and leveraged on his advantageous position in the hearing.