• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thousands of Windows PC inside Huawei HQ kenna locked out....

cowbellc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do you put stuff in the google cloud? I store everything on my own drives.
I store everything in cloud. If i need any data or inovices or prepare invoice, i can dl from my cloud to my ipad and setup for my cus to sign.
Once every days will auto backup to my own home drive.
A bit old method but trustworthy

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so anyway how is this possible?can someone explain to me,how US can ban other countries companies from using their products?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I store everything in cloud. If i need any data or inovices or prepare invoice, i can dl from my cloud to my ipad and setup for my cus to sign.
Once every days will auto backup to my own home drive.
A bit old method but trustworthy

I can do the same with my own hard drive.

https://shop.westerndigital.com/pro...ud-expert-series-ex2-ultra#WDBVBZ0000NCH-NESN

Share Anywhere

Keep your media safe in a single place on this high-performance Network Attached Storage (NAS) device, and access and stream it from anywhere with an internet connection.

Centralized Network Storage
Organize your entire media collection, photos and files in one central, network location.

Access from Anywhere
Save, access and stream your content anywhere you have an internet connection with the My Cloud mobile app or MyCloud.com web access.

Robust Data Protection

Multiple RAID and backup options to help protect all your valuable media, photos and important files.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can do the same with my own hard drive.

https://shop.westerndigital.com/pro...ud-expert-series-ex2-ultra#WDBVBZ0000NCH-NESN

Share Anywhere

Keep your media safe in a single place on this high-performance Network Attached Storage (NAS) device, and access and stream it from anywhere with an internet connection.

Centralized Network Storage
Organize your entire media collection, photos and files in one central, network location.

Access from Anywhere
Save, access and stream your content anywhere you have an internet connection with the My Cloud mobile app or MyCloud.com web access.

Robust Data Protection

Multiple RAID and backup options to help protect all your valuable media, photos and important files.

wait till the fbi raids ur home and offices and rips 4k emails off ur harddrive.

if u used a cloud service none of that would have mattered.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
wait till the fbi raids ur home and offices and rips 4k emails off ur harddrive.

if u used a cloud service none of that would have mattered.

If I used a cloud service they wouldn't even have to raid my home they'd just subpoena the data directly from the cloud service provider.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I used a cloud service they wouldn't even have to raid my home they'd just subpoena the data directly from the cloud service provider.

not if u use a secure service with 256 bit encryption,with private key like bitcoin,that encrypts ur data before sending it to the server.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
not if u use a secure service with 256 bit encryption,with private key like bitcoin,that encrypts ur data before sending it to the server.

https://www.cloudwards.net/how-to-encrypt-your-data-for-cloud-storage/

On top of that, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive and any other U.S.-based cloud service is subject to legally-enforced government data requests. That includes requests to feed mass surveillance programs, like the NSA PRISM initiative.

Finally, you need to worry about cybercrime, with data breaches being the most relevant problem to cloud storage. While cloud services generally host data in secure data centers built to prevent malicious attacks, such measures have historically been designed to protect against outside threats rather than inside threats (e.g., negligent or naughty employees).

It is far better to use your own encryption tool eg Boxcryptor.