• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This Man Died With $190M Of Customers' Bitcoin in 2018. Now They Want To Dig Him Up!

covertbriar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gerald Cotten died unexpectedly in December of 2018, but don't try telling that to the people who lost millions worth of cryptocurrency as a result.

The then 30-year-old founder of the Canadian cryptocurrency exchange QuadrigaCX was traveling in India when he reportedly died from complications resulting from Crohn's disease. His former customers, however, suspected foul play — and now, reports Coindesk, they want Cotten's body exhumed.

Why? Well, that would be because they don't think he's actually dead.

The problem, other than the supposed death of course, was that Cotten had sole access to the approximately US$190 million worth of customers' cryptocurrency held by the exchange. With him gone, no one could touch it. To those who lost access to their funds, Cotten's overseas death just seems too fishy to believe, especially considering the questionable way in which his company was run.

Essentially, Cotten now stands posthumously accused by his critics of pulling off an elaborate exit scam that culminated in the faking of his own death.

The request to exhume Cotten's body — which Coindesk notes was buried in Canada in December of last year — comes from a law firm representing users who lost cryptocurrency as a result of Cotten's death. It is addressed to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

"The purpose of this letter is to request, on behalf of the Affected Users, that the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (the 'RCMP'), conduct an exhumation and post-mortem autopsy on the body of Gerald Cotten to confirm both its identity and the cause of death given the questionable circumstances surrounding Mr. Cotten's death and the significant losses of Affected Users," it reads.

SEE ALSO: Crypto exchange mistakenly sends 103 bitcoin to wallet it's locked out of

The letter further "respectfully requests that this process be completed by Spring of 2020, given decomposition concerns."

We're sure Cotten's widow is delighted

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you lost your phone or your password you're totally fucked no matter how many bitcoins you own.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
over the years , probably thousands or millions of fake deaths for whatever reasons......
maybe I should fake my death and let my family take back my hard-earned cpf

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Died in India? Nah!! He's probably living it up in the Maldives. That's what I would do:biggrin:

b28b4dfc40fe1792bb954c48eba6e4d1