• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This is why you shouldn't risk your life taking Covid jab boosters. Vaccine boosters will never catch up with Covid virus mutations.

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
COVID Vaccine For BA.5 Arriving Late; What Is Causing The Delay?

www.medicaldaily.com
Jul 22, 2022 01:23 AM By Jan Cortes

As the COVID-19 virus continues to mutate and infect people across the globe, health experts pointed out why the vaccine for the new variant is taking so long to arrive.

Two years into the pandemic, it’s become clear that one of its biggest challenges is the constant virus mutation that forces vaccine manufacturers to come up and release new boosters.

The trouble is, while more than 75% of new U.S. cases have been linked to the current BA.5 omicron variant, the COVID-19 booster shots that will target that and the BA.4 variant won’t be ready until fall. By then, an entirely new coronavirus strain might already be wreaking havoc, according to experts.

This already happened with the booster for the original BA.1 omicron variant that took a while before reaching vaccine trials, despite the actual variant largely vanishing from the actual population. To that end, health experts are warning that this approach is unsustainable and a stark contrast to how fast the turnaround time was for the original COVID-19 mRNA vaccines two years ago.

Dr. Eric Topol, a precision medicine expert and director of the Scripps Research Translational Institute, noted that the country would reach 100% BA.5 in just a matter of weeks. He added that there’s no doubt more mutated variants lie ahead, whether they’re from the same omicron family or a new lineage altogether.

“Should we wait for a BA.5 booster? That will take months, and it should be noted it took more than 7 months for the omicron BA.1 booster to be tested, a delay that is exceedingly long and unacceptable relative to the timing of validation and production of the original vaccines in 10 months during 2020,” Dr. Topol added.

In theory, the technology behind mRNA vaccines should make it easy to adjust boosters once an emerging Covid strain has been genetically sequenced. In the meantime, the efficacy of the BA.1-based COVID-19 boosters against BA.4 and BA.5 remain questionable.

To help curb the rising cases, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has also taken other measures to combat COVID, including authorizing vaccines for infants and approving the Novavax vaccine, a traditional, non-mRNA vaccine similar to a flu shot.

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
@sweetiepie
For your kind consideration.

Do remember every booster jab you take carries a completely 100% fresh and new risk. It doesn't mean you are OK for the previous shots, your body will react OK to each and every booster you add on.

Don't be cheated by the false confidence you may have that your body reacted OK to previous shots and you continue boosting. It's a fresh new 100% risk you take for an ineffective vaccine booster that is incapable of tackling the new Covid variants.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
@sweetiepie
For your kind consideration.

Do remember every booster jab you take carries a completely 100% fresh and new risk. It doesn't mean you are OK for the previous shots, your body will react OK to each and every booster you add on.

Don't be cheated by the false confidence you may have that your body reacted OK to previous shots and you continue boosting. It's a fresh new 100% risk you take for an ineffective vaccine booster that is incapable of tackling the new Covid variants.
Thanks for the leeminder lah KNN my uncle know what he doing one KNN.
You see many uncle's queuing to get jab. My uncle even forced the vaccine center to jab him during the 1st booster as they enforced to my uncle to leeturn there min 5 months whereas some people my uncle know and younger than him leeceived invitation for the Booster below the 5 mths period. Hence my uncle 1st intention was to fuck them hard on the inconsistencies and 2nd intention was to quicklee get it done and move on with life and do not wish to waste time coming back. On the surface my uncle is just another ter nao sinkies but My uncle know that risk he need to take for each jab. Same like you can see my uncle mingling with a crowd of ter nao punters but noone would know he is the onlee punter with a different brain :biggrin: KNN
My uncle have not gone for his 2nd booster and still monitoring the risk vs benefits and he think the risk outweigh the benefits for now.
But my uncle brought his old folks for it as the benefits outweigh the risk. :smile:

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many funerals are appearing at the same time around heartland HDB blocks. If you are those type who just listen and follow whatever the govt says, you will not live long.