• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This is how Tiongs sells players out after making use of them

JurgenKlopp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cahill agrees contract termination with Shanghai Shenhua

tim-cahill-australia-asian-cup-2015_1qrs79fdur5uq1wsban2rg9i0j.jpg

Feb 16, 2016 11:38:02

After signing a one-year extension to his deal in November, the veteran attacking midfielder has been told he is to be released

Australia international Tim Cahill says he is to leave Shanghai Shenhua ahead of the new Chinese Super League season, as he is not part of new coach Gregorio Manzano's plans.

Cahill has been with Shenhua since leaving New York Red Bulls in February 2015 and agreed an extension to his initial one-year deal in November - a month prior to Manzano's appointment as coach.

The 36-year-old scored 11 goals in 28 league appearances for Shenhua while also helping the club to the final of the Chinese Cup during his debut campaign.

But Cahill's time at Shanghai appears over, posting on Instagram: "I'm very sorry to announce that I have reached an agreement with Shanghai Shenhua to terminate my contract.

"[I have been] told that I'm not part of the new coach Manzano's plans for the 2016 season having only just signed a new contract in November.

"This is very sad especially after what I feel I have helped to build in Shanghai Shenhua on and off the park. Just thinking about saying goodbye to my team-mates and especially the amazing fans is heartbreaking.

"Regardless of whether my contract is being honored and paid out in full, I would much rather have seen it out and finished what we started. I will always think about what could have been for us as a club in 2016.

"I will be able to share more information in the next 48 hours once the final details have been completed. Next chapter coming very soon!

"I would like to thank the amazing Shenhua supporters, the Chinese staff members and all my team-mates for your amazing support; you will all be remembered by my family and myself. I would also like to thank my Chinese partner SECA for their continued support in my career."

Shenhua recently announced the signing of Inter midfielder Fredy Guarin - the Colombian among a host of high-profile players to join newly-wealthy Chinese clubs.

Jackson Martinez, Ramires, Gervinho and Alex Teixeira will also feature in the upcoming Chinese Super League campaign, while Seattle Sounders forward Obafemi Martins has recently been linked with Shenhua.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
better than SG that welcomes all talent from all over the world to come and fuck us in exchange for their glorious bukkake sperm all over our faces.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing wrong with tossing out and replacing people who have lost their usefulness. It is called renewal. Last year we tossed out a few former ministers, didn't we? :cool:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Better for him not to breathe the polluted shanghai air, he will live longer, this is a plus for him.

fupikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing wrong with tossing out and replacing people who have lost their usefulness. It is called renewal. Last year we tossed out a few former ministers, didn't we? :cool:

He said a couple of times...."[I have been] told that I'm not part of the new coach Manzano's plans for the 2016 season having only just signed a new contract in November."...so this is mainly a decision of the new coach who decided he did not want such a player....same as any new ang mo CEO coming on board, first thing always kick out those characters they do not want...

And what the HELL has this change of players got to do with whether the team is tiong or not? ...ang mo team don't change players when new coach or owners come on board???? BS....

JurgenKlopp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dumped by Shanghai – did Tim Cahill pay price for criticising Chinese football’s spending spree?

Australian star signed a new contract only in November, but has been deemed surplus to requirements with club possibly set to replace him with Manchester United’s Marouane Fellaini

PUBLISHED : Wednesday, 17 February, 2016, 12:02pm
UPDATED : Wednesday, 17 February, 2016, 1:56pm

James Porteous
[email protected]

While half the world’s footballers seem to be heading to the Chinese Super League, one big name is on his way out – Australian star Tim Cahill, who revealed on Instagram that he has been dumped by Shanghai Shenhua mere months after signing a new contract.

Earlier this month, Cahill criticised China’s spending spree calling it “crazy” and saying “it’s pretty much like a revolving door, you see a lot of players coming in and a lot of players going.” Now that door has hit him on the backside.

Cahill, who was one of the bigger names to move to China last season and had been a hit, said “I’m very sorry to announce that I have reached an agreement with Shanghai Shenhua to terminate my contract after being told that I’m not part of the new coach Manzano’s plans for the 2016 season having only just signed a new contract in November.”

I'm very sorry to announce that I have reached an agreement with Shanghai Shenhua to terminate my contract after being told that I'm not part of the new coach Manzano's plans for the 2016 season having only just signed a new contract in November. This is very sad especially after what I feel I have helped to build in Shanghai Shenhua on and off the park. Just thinking about saying goodbye to my team-mates and especially the amazing fans is heartbreaking. Regardless of whether my contract is being honored and paid out in full, I would much rather have seen it out and finished what we started. I will always think about what could have been for us as a club in 2016. I will be able to share more information in the next 48 hours once the final details have been completed. Next chapter coming very soon! I would like to thank the amazing Shenhua supporters, the Chinese staff members and all my teammates for your amazing support; you will all be remembered by my family and myself. I would also like to thank my Chinese partner SECA for their continued support in my career. 我怀着十分遗憾的心情告诉大家,上海绿地申花足球俱乐部(下称俱乐部)与我已经达成协议,终止我在去年十一月份刚刚和俱乐部签下的新合同。在此之前,俱乐部通知我已不是球队新任主教练曼萨诺在2016赛季计划中的一员。 不管是场内还是场外,我都对这支球队倾注了所有的心血,因此,当这一天到来的时候尤其令人伤感。一想到要与队友和那些令人难以置信的球迷们道别,就让我心痛不已。 无论我现在与俱乐部的合同是否被尊重、合同违约金是否会被完全支付,在我的内心深处,我更加希望自己能履行完去年11月与俱乐部新签订的合同,达成我们当时共同制定的目标,为俱乐部贡献我的所有。在我心里,一直构想着俱乐部在2016年可以取得的成就——为这个美妙的球队和伟大的城市带来奖杯。 在接下来的48小时中,我将和俱乐部商定最终细节,届时,我可以和大家分享更多。 我想借此机会,向一直以来给我无限支持且无与伦比的申花俱乐部球迷、俱乐部中的中国工作人员和我的所有队友们表示衷心的感谢。我和我的家庭会一直将你们放在心里。同时,我想对我的中国合作伙伴盛力世家表示感谢。

A photo posted by Tim Cahill (@tim_cahill) on Feb 16, 2016 at 1:16am PST

Shanghai have not been one of the biggest spenders in this winter’s crazy transfer window, with Internazionale’s Fredy Guarin for €13 million (HK$112 million) their flagship signing. As they already have their quota of foreign players, they have to make room in the squad if they want to make a bigger flagship signing. Manchester United’s Marouane Fellaini has been linked.

Rivals Shanghai SIPG spent €18.5 million on Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao’s Elkeson this winter, while Guangzhou themselves, Jiangsu Suning and Hebei China Fortune have also signed players for huge money.

8d83ee5a-d52a-11e5-855c-84ae337d929d_486x.jpg

Tim Cahill celebrates winning the AFC Asian Cup last year. He seems set to stay in China. Photo: AFP

Cahill has always appeared enthusiastic about life in Shanghai and keen to promote China in general through regular social media posts, which makes his departure all the more surprising.

He recently drifted off message and criticised the league’s massive spending splurge, though, which may not have gone down well.

“Choices now players are making, it’s not about football like it was in my day, it’s purely about personal gains,” he said on a Fox Sports Australia panel show at the start of the month. “Is [going to China] going to help players? No. Is it going to be big for the country? Yes.

“It’s crazy to see [the spending] but this is only going to get worse. This is going to be massive. Soon they’ll break the $100m bracket very easily. I don’t know whether it’s going to help the league, but they’re investing. They’re doing great things. They’ve got the power.

b8426a0a-d52e-11e5-855c-84ae337d929d_486x.jpg

Shanghai’s Weibo post

“This sort of investment in players is a Catch 22. Does it help the Chinese? To a certain extent no. When you sign players like this, everything in the final third [of the pitch] is up to us [foreigners], if we don’t deliver, it doesn’t happen.”

Cahill told his fans on Instagram to expect news in the next 48 hours, with his agent suggesting he would stay in China.

“He will stay in China. I’m in Asia now and will be with him in two days to discuss potential deals [and] there are a few interested clubs,” Ante Alilovic told AAP.

Shanghai wished Cahill well on their Weibo page, saying the agreement to end the deal was mutual in a post with the jovial headline “See you again, Timmy!”

Some fans reacted with anger, with the Football Federation Australia website quoting Dong Mei of fans’ group Blue Devils.

“Even though he is Australian, Cahill was one of us,” he said.

“In every game he gave everything. It was like having a fan on the pitch fighting for us. Fans can’t believe that the club would release him.

“We have had so many foreign players that have come and gone without making an impact so to lose Cahill is an unpopular decision.”

jw5

Loyal
One way to toss out people who have lost their usefulness or were never useful in the first place, is to call them "Advisors". :wink: