• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This guy is as smart as me, put more money into your CPF account.

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was employed for 12 years. Starting pay $2200 at 24yo. By the time I am 37, I have enough in my CPF to fully pay for my resale flat, but I choose to leave the money in CPF. Instead I took a bank loan. Why? Because CPF PAYS 2.5% interest for my money in the Ordinary Account, while I pay the bank 1.2% for the loan. I made 1.3%. I planned to fully redeem the loan if interest rate rises.

Every year, I transfer the interest earned in the OA, to the Special Account to earn a higher interest of 4 - 5%. Letting the magic of compounded interest to help me build my basic retirement nest egg.

Meanwhile, I used MEDISAVE to pay for the integrated shield plan which I have to pay out of pocket if there is no MEDISAVE.

AfterTheWar

Alfrescian
Loyal

Say your pigeon hole costs $700,000 but when u take loans, the total amount u pay for your pigeon hole after interest will be :eek: over a million :eek::rolleyes::biggrin:

Now u can pay in full without taking loans if u have the moolah but u can't in the old days which means die die must pay HDB interest rates. :biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I was employed for 12 years. Starting pay $2200 at 24yo. By the time I am 37, I have enough in my CPF to fully pay for my resale flat, but I choose to leave the money in CPF. Instead I took a bank loan. Why? Because CPF PAYS 2.5% interest for my money in the Ordinary Account, while I pay the bank 1.2% for the loan. I made 1.3%. I planned to fully redeem the loan if interest rate rises.

Every year, I transfer the interest earned in the OA, to the Special Account to earn a higher interest of 4 - 5%. Letting the magic of compounded interest to help me build my basic retirement nest egg.

Meanwhile, I used MEDISAVE to pay for the integrated shield plan which I have to pay out of pocket if there is no MEDISAVE.

You are telling us how stupid you are!!!! Ok ..we absolutely get it

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal

Who are you kidding?

Let's ignore that this guy doesn't even make more than $5000 and calculate his monthly CFP contribution at max possible amount $1800 (pre-2015). After 12 years, his total contribution stands at $260k. Since only 62% goes into OA, that amounts to $162k. That is barely enough to buy a new flat 10 years ago; let alone resale.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This guy is STUPID.
He could have earned more if not for the PAP Foreigners First policy.
If the PAP investment rate of return, he could have gotten his flat at least a decade earlier.
His HDB flat is overpriced by at least 3X.

PAP conned him and he didn't even know it. It is just like a girl getting raped and being thankful for it.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who are you kidding?

Let's ignore that this guy doesn't even make more than $5000 and calculate his monthly CFP contribution at max possible amount $1800 (pre-2015). After 12 years, his total contribution stands at $260k. Since only 62% goes into OA, that amounts to $162k. That is barely enough to buy a new flat 10 years ago; let alone resale.

brother why you expose him?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are telling us how stupid you are!!!! Ok ..we absolutely get it

zeroo cure for stupidity

Stupid_NoCure_FrogO.jpg