• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This Forum is going downhill...

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
and now u are playing the same. u are now acting like delphigod walt howe allowing SDP losers to abuse the infractions and many get banned for no valid reasons.

The infraction system is designed to allow members to take action against those abuse and spam the forum.

As is the case with all tools, it can be misused too. However, I'm not going to micro manage the forum. I leave it to the users of this forum to either co exist in harmony or to spread anarchy. It's up to you guys. I've limited my role to basic housekeeping and technical/server issues.

cheepshootjuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The infraction system is designed to allow members to take action against those abuse and spam the forum.

As is the case with all tools, it can be misused too. However, I'm not going to micro manage the forum. I leave it to the users of this forum to either co exist in harmony or to spread anarchy. It's up to you guys. I've limited my role to basic housekeeping and technical/server issues.

the abusers are the spammers. are u really that blind? disabling the infraction shall save u more headaches. if quantity - and trashes- is what u are dying for, u definitely shall get more coming when u accede to the request.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's really ABC..just keep posting while behaving and behaving whilst posting. (S) stands for seniority and looking at you, the number of posts is hardly anything to crow about. the more you post shit, the more senior you become.

See? We're all senior shitters.

Typical sinkies..can't wait to grow old..

And how do you get Alfrescan (S)? Seems like some of these "old" birds are unreasonably giving out infractions.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
the abusers are the spammers. are u really that blind? disabling the infraction shall save u more headaches. if quantity - and trashes- is what u are dying for, u definitely shall get more coming when u accede to the request.

That could well be the case. However, I have already said that I'm not going to get involved. Members collectively make or break the forum.

Anyway the ban only lasts 24 hours so it's no big deal.

One way to prevent these infraction wars is for everyone to talk to each other in a nice and polite manner so tempers don't flare in the first place.

The forum started off 2 years and 2 months ago as a blank canvas. How it ends up is up to you guys.

jw5

Loyal
We must have pushed his button.

Look at him now engaging in some "healthy" debate with an Alfrescian non(S). :rolleyes:

A case in point about this forum going downhill. :cool:
The fellow Sam is engaging in healthy debate with may have a non (S) nickname, but he is certainly very (S). If you haven't realised it yet, "cheepshootjuan" is none other than leetahbar aka his little brother leetahsar.

Your suggestion in another post was to ask the forummers to exercise self restraint and behave. Trolls and spammers by their very nature don't exercise self restraint and behave, otherwise they wouldn't be trolls and spammers. They are thick skinned and lack self awareness and inhibition. It actually takes some "qualities" to be a troll or spammer. An infraction to a spammer or troll is like water off a duck's back, it doesn't work unless they are banned.

I have another suggeston for Sam (the forum starter) and you (the threadstarter) to consider, in addition to the earlier suggestion for new birds to be under probation and do tasks for old birds.
Have a function that allows 10 different senior old birds to send someone they consider a troll and spammer into a special folder or thread, where all the spammers and trolls can gather and spam one another.

It's win-win for everyone. Sam gets his traffic. The spammers and trolls can continue to post, albeit to one another. The rights activists can rest assured that free speech is still being maintained. Everyone else can post and read happily and be less irritated.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
It's win-win for everyone. Sam gets his traffic. The spammers and trolls can continue to post, albeit to one another. The rights activists can rest assured that free speech is still being maintained. Everyone else can post and read happily and be less irritated.

There is hardly any spam in this forum. I have spam filters which take care of that at the sign up stage.

Those described as spammers are nothing of the sort. This is what SPAM looks like

#Save BIG! Compare XAMAX price in TOP Pharmacy!

Don't miss the chance to get XAMAX for a price of $ 2.19 per pill and even lower!
Shop around at the best 0nline Pharmacy and get XAMAX for incredible prices!

Click here to Pay Less Buy More!

You'll hardly ever see such messages here for reasons I've already given.

The trouble makers aren't spammers. They're simply trollers and the there is a simple way of dealing with trolls and that is simply to NOT RESPOND.

The latest troll is this roxygurly character. It's blatantly obvious. However, many respond because they find it fun.:wink:

At the end of the day, my advice is simply to not take life and this forum seriously. :p

jw5

Loyal
The trouble makers aren't spammers. They're simply trollers and the there is a simple way of dealing with trolls and that is simply to NOT RESPOND.

The latest troll is this roxygurly character. It's blatantly obvious. However, many respond because they find it fun.:wink:

At the end of the day, my advice is simply to not take life and this forum seriously. :p
Thank you for the advice. :smile:
I've been in your forums in delphi and here since 1999, using the same nick all the time with no clones. If I had taken it really seriously, I wouldn't still be here. Hehehe.

Medusa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have a function that allows 10 different senior old birds to send someone they consider a troll and spammer into a special folder or thread, where all the spammers and trolls can gather and spam one another.

leetahbar aka cheepshootjuan will not be happy with your suggestion for he is too used to crashing any non political thread with his obsession for SDP. :biggrin:

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
What to do? The trolls are there for a reason.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

I think we are asking too much from Sam to implement these restrictions, right Sam? :smile:

The fellow Sam is engaging in healthy debate with may have a non (S) nickname, but he is certainly very (S). If you haven't realised it yet, "cheepshootjuan" is none other than leetahbar aka his little brother leetahsar.

Your suggestion in another post was to ask the forummers to exercise self restraint and behave. Trolls and spammers by their very nature don't exercise self restraint and behave, otherwise they wouldn't be trolls and spammers. They are thick skinned and lack self awareness and inhibition. It actually takes some "qualities" to be a troll or spammer. An infraction to a spammer or troll is like water off a duck's back, it doesn't work unless they are banned.

I have another suggeston for Sam (the forum starter) and you (the threadstarter) to consider, in addition to the earlier suggestion for new birds to be under probation and do tasks for old birds.

Medusa

Alfrescian
Loyal
You obviously do not know what is going on :rolleyes: The OA clones have managed to break this 24 hrs system with their IT intelligent:biggrin::biggrin:
Don't blame the OA if you are not so bright. The OA has no special powers or moderator privileges. :biggrin:

Huat Chai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't blame the OA if you are not so bright. The OA has no special powers or moderator privileges. :biggrin:

I never blame, I enjoying seeing you gets busy everyday, while I still posting here freely:biggrin::biggrin: But have to give it to you for ur IT expertise :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
What to do? The trolls are there for a reason.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

I think we are asking too much from Sam to implement these restrictions, right Sam? :smile:

Hah!
A quote from the great King.
Can't remember whether he gave that quote before or after he gave that karate kick though. I think it was after.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
There's a difference between ordinary spammers/trolls and those that gone mad! Ordinary spammers will go away after a while but not those that goes bonkus!

We can easily identified who they are, just as we are able to easily identified someone that are insane in real life.

What I don't understand is if we doesn't allows any mad men into our house and talk to the wall shouting on top of their voices, why are we doing nothing here? We know you honor the no "ban" rule, but there must be a different set of rule for lunatic!

Don't quote the infraction system, who has the time or are silly enough to use that on someone that is mad.

:mad:
There is hardly any spam in this forum. I have spam filters which take care of that at the sign up stage.

Those described as spammers are nothing of the sort. This is what SPAM looks like

You'll hardly ever see such messages here for reasons I've already given.

Medusa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never blame, I enjoying seeing you gets busy everyday, while I still posting here freely:biggrin::biggrin: But have to give it to you for ur IT expertise :biggrin:

You are not your usual self. In the past you would respond only with snake pics. What happened now? I am surprised to get a text reply from you. :biggrin:

It's piece of cake to me as i get it done under 10 mins. If Huat Chai is able to post freely it's because you are a lesser nuisance now without your spamming unlike the past. In any case i will just leave it to Leongsam to deal with it. :biggrin: