• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thio Su Mien Bizzarre Behaviour at RTC Press Conference

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Those who are new converts see Christianity as THE aspect of life."

Yes indeed
I'm really impressed by some of the things they do eg. prayer meeting everyday after work + weekends spent at Church! Have a colleague who donates 50% of his salary to his church!
Maybe they can channel some that energy into something productive

"to hit the pubs or smoke a joint. Needless to say, the latter was very much preferred (I hear shouts of "heretic!")."

Hey sounds like my uni experience too!
really miss those times

"However, the reason why you might single out the Singaporean Christian Convert as being overzealous is because you are Singaporean too, and therefore they feel more comfortable breaching that topic with you."

Yes that is true but I was also making another point. While in the UK, I hardly ever saw any of the locals doing any excessively zealous preaching. The few that I came across were certified nut cases preaching in the middle of Leicester Square. The Brits do know how to respect a person's private space.

"From what I notice, however, Singaporeans have no lives, and Christianity gives them the perfect excuse to show they got a life. Overseas Singaporean students especially, fall prey easily to the idea of joining a church. What else gives them so easily an expanded social circle, a purpose in life, and most importantly, in anthropological terms, a tribe to belong to?"

Have to agree with that
Their entire social network seems to centre around their church

During my uni days, Singaporeans featured very strongly on the managing committees of campus Christian societies. Some of these people have gone on to senior positions in the Civil Service & the PAP. So far, no one is behaving like Thio Su Mien (Thank Goodness).

Cheers
Mate

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
<< Since the one who tried to convert me was rather cute, I hung around and flirted with her. This really pissed off her BF who unknown to me was also evangelizing nearby ... no X'tian charity there. Sigh, I guess the highest power males answer to is still the kukujiao. >>

In my youth, the primary motivation for going to Sunday School was the presence of so many cute chicks! I see that things haven't changed very much.

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
x;tian Thio is a fundamental nut.

She is 72, nearing her grave and decided to bash bapoks to tell St Peter her clowning achievement.

newbie x'tian groups in peasantpore used a strange combination of sales and cult tricks to ensnarl peasants. The recent silly Mediacock Star Search has stupid peasants thanking their deity for the wins. for these peasants x'tianity = modernity.

the west has since evolved further to buy crap but asians are a dumber lot who have yet to complete their evolutionary cycle.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
x;tian Thio is a fundamental nut.

She is 72, nearing her grave and decided to bash bapoks to tell St Peter her clowning achievement.

newbie x'tian groups in peasantpore used a strange combination of sales and cult tricks to ensnarl peasants. The recent silly Mediacock Star Search has stupid peasants thanking their deity for the wins. for these peasants x'tianity = modernity.

the west has since evolved further to buy crap but asians are a dumber lot who have yet to complete their evolutionary cycle.

Look at uk youth's binge drinking problems? Many groups got Mabo even during the day. Do you see a future in that country?
Evolution or decay? More in the west are worshipping 666

Last edited:

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
and still many churches in Singapore invite angmo preachers ,,,,

aiya,,, not only you know how to make sweeping statements

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
how many groups is many? any figures? what worship 666? what is satanic worship? where does 666 comnes from?